Crimson Harvest 2018 - Event Feedback Thread

I’m not really buying the 30 hours for 6 boosters line. You can make a Standard booster with 24k (2 Procurer Ore bays) worth of Event Ore. That’s what? 20 minutes mining?

Calling ■■■■■■■■ on this time estimate.

A standard accelerator uses 70 of the refined stuff. Refining 100 ore units yields 4 of the refined units, before counting in reprocessing efficiency. Repro efficiency will be sitting somewhere around 70% for someone skilled in that direction, so that’s 2.8 units of refined product per 100 units of ore. That means you need 25 times 100 units of ore, so 2500 units.

The mining Agency task gives you 10 points for every 500 units of ore (but in reality you get less as overflow isn’t counted). So by the time you’ve mined enough for 1 Standard Accelerator, you’ll have gained at most 50 points. So the claim that he had gotten the Avatar skin (1000 points) purely from mining before he was able to build 1 accelerator is complete ■■■■■■■■.

My mining character has already built 4 Advanced accelerators and 12 Standards and hasn’t unlocked the Avatar skin yet. All that character did was sit in the Harvest Field and mine solo.

1 Like

Sorry for what might be an uninformed question. Aren’t the rats supposed to drop blood raider themed skins? So far I’ve only gotten cold iron skins. Is cold iron considered blood raider?

the event skins are rewarded via the agency for the event challenges, the drops are simply nice to have.

Short question: Last night I’ve reached the 1.000 points mark and get the 5 rewards (1 Acc, 4 Skins) … Is this part of the event now closed for players with 1.000 and more points or there are more rewards when we reach 2.000 points or more ???

Unless something has changed from all of the other events, no.

You still get the site drops, of course, but once you cap out the Agency points, that part of the event is done for you.

1 Like

Okay, thanks …

1 Like

Looked at the accelerator BPCs today … why are all of them having a fixed expire date ? There’s lot’s of them dropping yet I don’t think many will be built.

I am starting to scrape the BPCs as useless … The accelerator should have an expiry date from date of manufacture …

3 Likes

This would have been my thought as well. I’m sure the intent was to provide the opportunity to drop other BPCs at future events and also precent extreme market saturation, and it seems to me that a expiry date from manufacture could be a viable way to do that.

The possible concern would be a character staggering production to essentially keep themselves constantly boosted though.

1 Like

1 run BPCs … problem solved … I mean I can loot a few 10 BPCs during the event … that’s 30 boosters and done … would not be the end of the world

1 Like

That would absolutely be another way to do this.

I actually love the ability to build these and think it adds a lot more dimension to both the event but also gives non PEW PEWers a way to get in on this. I think it’s a really positive thing, despite some concerns I have about how the initial way this was rolled out was handled and the way it impacts some players.

I think there is definitely potential in handling these this way going forward.

1 Like

Saw plenty people complaining about high dps in gauntlet, currently doing it in an Omen, including additional spawn, haven’t had problems yet. Standard fit with passive resist is working fine. Only running low when 3 BS + 3 cruisers + BC. Still enough buffer to go through this.

The amount of effort to get anything but a basic blueprint in hisec doesn’t seem worth it.

I am literally grinding these sites out fast basically killing the only 2 chances for a blueprint drop and leaving. Its almost always a basic.

On top of that, there really isn’t any loot worth looting, sure it says it is, but don’t actually check those prices.

The best deal is to mine to 50 points on every character to get accelerators.

Its obvious to me what Pearl Abyss means, it means I get to grind events like I am playing Archeage.

I just got disinterested in events.

1 Like

Removed some off topic posts.

Are event sites not spawning in every nul sec system ? Iv spend whole day jumping between 3 [ - 0.6 ] s systems and not single site spawned. Is it a bug or m i missing somthing ?

Well …I’m actually doing fine with a Abyss T5 Gila fit… I made myself sure to get rid of the cap drainers first… No issues at all.

I just discovered the Agency dropdown and I love it! I’m glad I can redeem right on the main overview!

But we SERIOUSLY need an audio cue of some kind to alert pilots that they’ve completed an objective, especially if we’re going to insist on having points be manually redeemed. Please! Treat this like an automobile - DING me when you need the overview to tell me something, especially when I’m under fire and distracted.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve cursed at my screen going '%$#&! I %$#^&*% did it again!"

Meanwhile, I’m finished with the 1,000 points! Now it’s time to get the components to make the implants! XD

2 Likes

The removal of auto-redeem is just annoying. I don’t remember ever having to click to accept a reward before.

2 Likes

It is not as annoying as having bots (and, for some people, afk players). If you have to actively redeem, you have to be actively playing. And as a player. Not a bit of code.

1 Like

The notion that removing auto-redeem is stopping bots is laughable. The actual gameplay required in the events is typically considerably more complicated to automate than redeeming points in the Agency.

In the previous iteration, where you had to open the Agency window, a program would have to simulate a click on the Agency icon in the Neocom menu and then simulate clicks in each of the four possible spots where the redeem button could be. That’s 5 simulated clicks in locations that are always the same. And that’s it. In the current system, where you can redeem directly from the collapsible Agency dropdown on the left, if you wanted to, you could skip the step of opening the Agency window provided you can detect which item to click (because clicking an incomplete task opens the Agency window).

The current system w/o auto-redeeming does little to frustrate bots. It does a lot to frustrate players.

1 Like