Crimson Harvest 2018 - Event Feedback Thread

One group of people that are doing good business right now: MTU producers. I see a lot of those things getting shot or forgotten atm.

1 Like

So, played all variants with Loki (both sites combat part) and Skiff (mining) part. The overall architecture looks and works quite well IMO. Also with multiple people in a site. Everybody can get a share, and cooperation between miners and combat pilots somewhat naturally emerges.

The loot is OK, but the three dimensions of building the accelerators (BPC, mineral, other) are not balanced. For the basic and standard ones all of the value is in the mineral and other, so people who do not want to mine get only worthless BPCs. Advanced seems a bit more balanced, though the market price of the final product is close or below the input values. Hence itā€™s better just selling the BPCs and refined minerals.

Itā€™s a pure PvE event again, not much regarding PvP (due to the reward and rat design), and again no reason to go to other spaces than highsec.

Something is causing me to bounce when I land in the Crimson Harvest sitesā€¦perhaps itā€™s the beacon? Iā€™m landing right on top of it.

Also, I like how the Harvest site lingers for a brief time after it is cleared. It gives you the opportunity to mine it in relative safety after defeating the Blood Raiders.

Can anyone tell me what i can do with 53 basic radiance cerebral blue prints? really not worth the time or effort to actually use them.

The BPCā€™s are worthless. People are having problems giving them away. You might have better luck making and selling them, donā€™t know. I threw all mine in a junk drawer. Been using advanced so far, but I might have to make and use some standards at some point.

I have about 1:1 distribution of basic to standard booster BPCs ā€¦

I am collecting them and will trash them after the event, just want to keep score. They are basically useless since the Booster has a fixed expiration date no matter when it was built.

Some of the rats have a laser damage profile and some have a projectile one (I notice the BC in the Gauntlet site has a distinct Minmatar damage profile). Also the Filthrakers (or how are they named) have a projectile damage profile. So a single or dual resist tank wonā€™t hold.

If you know how to prioritize the ships, you are fine in the Gauntlet sites. The Harvest field main spawn is a bit large doing all resist damage and quite a lot of cap warfare.

Correction: BC does EM/Therm. he does not hit me at all so I mistook his damage with the Filthrakers ā€¦

I was doing fit comparison a few minutes ago for some french newbros, and my fit is plenty fine while using dual resists, as long as I focus the filthraker cruisers. Still capstable if i get the large 4 filthraker neut cruisers in gauntlet. Havenā€™t done Harvester site yet, will do as soon as Iā€™m done with the avatar skin on my first PvE char.

[Harbinger, Basic Gauntlet]
Damage Control II
Energized EM Membrane II
Energized Thermal Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

10MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Large Cap Battery II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Pulse Laser I
Heavy Pulse Laser I
Heavy Pulse Laser I
Heavy Pulse Laser I
Heavy Pulse Laser I
Heavy Pulse Laser I

Medium Anti-EM Pump I
Medium Anti-Thermal Pump I
Medium Semiconductor Memory Cell I

Acolyte II x10

Microwave M x6
Standard M x6
Multifrequency M x6

wouldnā€™t it be cool if the event boss gave out like random ded escalations too ?

not if they where rare drops too ā€¦ like the purple loot drop that used to be

But then why could t they be random event escalations of an escalated past event type plus loot table

Are you proposing that some event sites could escalate to a different event site ?

There was site escalation in the previous drifter event : the signature sites with one battleship could escalate to an [escalation] site with 2 BS and 2 event cruisers. However the chances were very low, and the site were very difficult . I got three, but could not finish one in time with 2 characters, also it required to move the BS, and the incoming DPS was so high I had to warp BS off grid.

they were very interesting in term of gameplay (required to be 4 ppl to have a hand on all the rats before they warp off) but in terms of loot they were below the signature sites.

1 Like

The loot table has change again ? Give me back my booster :stuck_out_tongue:
What are those Covert Research Tools ? Why here ?

1 Like

By the looks of things they have once again nerfed the loot drops.

With 5 days left I guess earning a few mill of boosters and some skins was too much, now itā€™s 5 or less boosters and covert research tools. Or in other words, mostly worthless.

2 Likes

Donā€™t feel bad. I literally spent more on missiles in a gauntlet than I got back in loot. Regular t2 misslesā€¦

This is why autocannons are the way to go.

Just ran a Harvest Field site last night, destroying all 3 silos/depots and the main warp in fleet. EVERY wreck dropped ONLY metal scraps. Decided that running PI and missions were far more fun/profitable. Sad.

1 Like

The latest loot nerf is mere disappointment, compared to the RSI and irritation I am accumulating by clicking an artificial roadblock button every 10 NPCā€™s.

1 Like

i understand i said something about it would be cool if they gave random escalations and then down time came the patch came i logged in now they drop opeā€™s no mods and a few cosmetic items and boosters less then before?WTF> r u guys doing ? since u done ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  with this even the whole way since after the test server why not just bless the ones still running them if there is any to say thanks with the ultra rare purple drops like in the event years ago what do u say ?