CSM 14 - All you need to know!

There have been (and are) highsec players on the CSM before. Steve Ronuken, Chribba and Mike Azariah for example.

Like any popular vote, you’ll only get votes if people know who you are, so being an active member of the community over the long term and then campaigning well is the part that most candidates overlook.

Some people like Steve and Chribba have a well known name through the tools they produce that help the commutinty. Other players like Suitonia have a name through their YouTube videos and articles on different aspects of EVE. Someone like Brisc last year had a really slick campaign.

All of them, regardless of how they do it, make it easy for other people to see that as a candidate none of those focused on themselves. They focused on what benefit they bring to the community and game.

Being part of a bloc vote is a huge advantage, but if you aren’t, then the question to ask yourself is what can you do to compete against that?

3 Likes

It sure has been an interesting 3 years since I started my journey on the CSM.

I saw the introduction of Citadels, the introduction of Free-to-Play, the acquistion by PA, and hell freezing over and giving us a revamp to Wardecs along with it.

I look forwards to seeing who replaces me on the council, and wish everyone running the best of luck.

May you live in less interesting times than I.

10 Likes

Well said. I’d likely need to self analyze how much I’d want the position.

Personally my only goal is to make a positive change in the game as there are many areas that need some serious attention. However competing against some candidates that may only be in it for the gain of their play style or alliance’s support makes for a tough race.

This is pretty much the core goal of every candidate over the years. Of course, there are differences in what each sees as the basis of positive change, but just about every single candidate expresses this goal in one form or another.

Seems like a pretty logical reason to run. However, when every candidate has that same goal, what makes voting for you different from voting for anyone else? The “why vote for you” question that we have as voters isn’t answered by that goal, since that goal is so common it doesn’t differentiate you from any other candidate.

2 Likes

Too early to welcome our new Null Sec Overlords?

1 Like

Just put CFC in charge and spare us this dog and pony show

1 Like

VoTE 4 m3

I wIlL bR1nG pArtY hAts anD eYepatch3s 2 gAme and pArrOts; i WiLl fiX loWseC, WaRDeckS And EvEryThIng!!!

BuT i n33D iSk 2 Run, SenD doNatIon nAow!!!

2 Likes

1 Like

why would any one run for csm after the brutal publicly execution of brisk ?

2 Likes

Agreed +1

I congratulate CCP/Pearl abyss on taking their lumps and accepting responsibility. However the time had come to end the CSM. Two wrong do not make a right. The T20 disaster ushered in the CSM. You cannot use on group of CUSTOMERS to speak for another group of Customers. It is equivalent of playing a football game with one team providing the REFREE Umpire and claim he/she is providing for a equal playing field. If you truly believe in Democracy CSM members put your existence up to a popular vote! Again I respect the CSM members past and present. But it is time for the Non Professionals to exist the stage.

4 Likes

Doesn’t work in America, won’t work for the CSM. Just choose 12 people who have median levels of activity and ask if they want to be on the CSM.

Unless there are some EVE-Comedians who’d like to give it a go like in the Ukraine?

That said, Steve, you are probably my favourite long-term CSM member because of your work on the API and Brisc was good because he was active here and made people look at things critically and logically.

Sad that Brisc won’t be on the next CSM yet a certain thieving convict will be.

1 Like

Does being in the CSM carry any risk of getting wrecked IRL by a massive scandal involving CCP banning you with no evidence then front page shaming you with maximum public exposure?

How can you work with people that would publicly hang you with no evidence.

5 Likes

Are there any candidates running that would promise to abolish the CSM if they got elected? Can I have their names so I can support them?

4 Likes

What we NEED to know is that there would be NO CSM.

Once I learned this is not the announcement of abolishing CSM we all wait for, I stopped reading, as it is bs nobody cares about.

Abolish CSM.

1 Like

“…my personal wallet”.

ftfy.

Motivation of every CFCSM member since the dawn of CSM.

Can we have a voting whether people want the CSM institution to go away entirely?

I would gladly vote on that one. :smirk:

4 Likes

THIS.

And I would certainly not vote if there is no such option and no candidate that pledges to remove CSM.

Not all of us are Isk motivated. There are technical short comings, ancient mechanics, and balance issues that prevent the game from attracting and retaining new players. Focusing on these things makes more content and a better in game life for all Eve players.

2 Likes