CSM 14 - Candidates Announced

Thanks for the report. Something is odd since some players can view it without any problems. We are looking into this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not an “abolish CSM” announcement.

Not a single “abolish CSM” candidate.

Not a single really new candidate either.

Not a single intrigue on who’s gonna be on this leet RMT leaks club once the “election” goes.

CCP you really disappoint us.

1 Like

Pretty much this.

Ads like “I’m bad and dumb, but I’m a goon, so vote for me, or (insert current goon menace) gets the seat” is currently the best chance to be elected, so ofc goons want to see who’s the goon candidate to make less mistakes while voting for anything but the sake of the game, but to deny “enemy” a seat which, in their fears, could threaten their meta.

F goons, f code. Get some ppl who actually give a chit about the game on the csm.

2 Likes

@Jerry_Falcone

If you dont want a goon or a code person get out and vote. Push your corp mates, you enemies, push everyone to vote. Find a candidate that you like and champion their cause. Most of the candidates, including myself, would be willing to talk to individuals and groups about what we want to see and what we think about certain topics.

With that being said, Just because a person is in a big block doesn’t mean that they would be bad for the CSM. We all want to make the game better for everyone. Making it better for one group just alienates the other groups and invalidates certain play styles.

If you would like to chat with me, Please message me and I will set up a time that is most benificial for you

1 Like

We should be able to easily access their EVE employment history on that page and not be forced to one by one track each character’s track record down. Sure, due diligence needs to be done by each player voting, but the failure of CCP to allow easy ready access for each candidate just amplifies the mass bloc voting by certain groups (who are not required to do any research, just vote for who and in what order by their leaders) and minimizes the impact of the more fragmented/independent voters.

CCP cannot appear to even get a detailed “independent and informative” voter guide page worked up.
Well, I’m sure THIS CSM will be more transformative/representative because…ah, who am i kidding?
Same old, same old.
At least everyone go out and vote.

2 Likes

In what silly fantasy that would prevent any goon from appearing on CSM?
At best, if entire new eden votes against goons, we’re getting 50% goon CSM, which is not much different from 100% goon CSM.

DO NOT VOTE. DO NOT GIVE GOONS JUSTIFICATION. BOYCOTT CSM.

And we all remember how CCP nerfed fighter-bombers just a few days after N3 dunked goons with it, and goons in the CSM endorsed this change.
You will NEVER be trusted again.

…does mean that he’s got more opportunity to monetize leet RMT leaks, and should have nothing to do with CSM.

2 Likes

I wish my graphics was fixed because I don’t know why any other things like Eve online it doesn’t do like I’m getting. I wish I could be a part of all the cool stuff. Sorry if it’s not the same topic but I can’t play with anyone as my graphics is giving me a lot of craziness. It’s like flickering if that’s the best way to describe it.

I’m a new candidate, first time running :slight_smile: I wouldn’t say I’m new to the game though, but I will be interested in hearing what new players have to say :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @CCP_Dopamine,

Many of the candidates who announced their candidacy in “CSM Campaign” section of this forum, are not present in the final list of candidates. Why is that?

Did they not apply officialy, but instead only anounced candidacy on the forums? Or they didn’t fulfill eligibility criterias, which were anounced and were publicly known?

Do you have a last word on who will be on the list and who will not be there, even if the candidate is eligible? I.e. do you screen candidates who you don’t want to run for, or to get on the CSM?

Thank you for your answer.

3 Likes

You meant to say that the little kid grew up to kill pretty much everyone he ever met?

1 Like

Before i answer this, what did your parents tell you about the ending of Bambi, before they turned off the TV and threw the tape into the garbage?

Don’t remember if my parents ever said anything, though I did see some of Bambi at a theatre long before VHS was a thing.

I say some of Bambi because most of the children in the cinema had been left there by their parents and of course every dirtbag child and a few future felons decided they would take advantage of this lapse of parental supervision to misbehave. The cinema shut off the film not long after it started and announced it would not resume until there was quiet. Five minutes passed while the staff waited for the children lacking parental supervision to stop screaming, running around and doing everything but what a cinema was meant for, at which point my parents decided it was time to leave.

So really I have no idea what Bambi looks like as a movie, but it was a sad glimpse into the future of many things like EVE where a small uncontrolled minority who’s conduct goes unchecked can easily ruin it for everyone else and just standing around waiting for them to change behaviour takes much longer than just tossing them out so everyone else can enjoy the point of the event in the first place.

4 Likes

Washington was right about term limits.

1 Like

CCP needs to split the game up into districts, and then candidates should run for seat for their own district(region) that way we get 1 goon not 5, 1 code not 5 and we free up room for other smaller groups to elect their voice instead of having the csm packed with nullsec people.

4 Likes

Nice ideal, but without vetting the candidates it would be near impossible to stop goon and code planting candidates in other regions.

The candidates need to be vetted and there should be no more one candidate from alliance.

2 Likes

We simply review each application to see if candidates meet the eligibility requirements. You can always contact me on CSM-contact@ccpgames.com if you want to ask questions about your individual application.

2 Likes

The reason for this is that players tend to start their campaign before we finish our review to verify if they meet the eligibility criteria. The list published a few days ago should be considered final.

1 Like

This is very good feedback and I wholeheartedly agree that we should provide everyone with more comprehensive information about each candidate. That would help not only the voters but also all the content creators who have been busy conducting interviews with CSM 14 candidates in the last few weeks. I am hopeful that for the next year we will be able to implement some improvements to make the whole process better.

4 Likes

Most of those eligibility requirements seem to be pretty straightforward and easy to understand. However the meaning of this one seems to be a bit ambiguous:

You must have a history of honoring the EULA and the Terms of Service. We will screen every applicant thoroughly and EULA/TOS violations on your record can result in a rejected application.

Does that pertain to the account holders activity both in-game and here in these forums?