CSM 15: Jurius Doctor - Let's grow the game!

You do realize that NSH is allied with PanFan, right?

2 Likes

“Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.”

That’s not much of a rebuttal.

No, but sometimes statements are made in such error that to refute them takes infinitely more effort than shaking your head, smiling, and walking away.

However, since you asked and this is a public forum Xeux, I will rebut the statement point-by-point:

Thank you

An experience I deeply enjoyed and benefitted from. I am still converting their series of Core Courses into videos, and making a video on the Magic 14.

That’s my fam, man. Of course. I joined Iron for Tridgit and the bros.

I go where Tridgit goes. We reached a point in our gameplay that inevitably any independent alliance reaches when you’re put in a position where a limited and insanely dedicated team of FCs carry the production of content for your alliance and subsequently burn out. We were tapped, as a group, and needed a comfy couch to crash on and rebuild our will to play, our war chests, and our desire to return to doing the absolutely cancer sov/entosis gameplay we enjoy. There is no better organization in EVE Online for making money in relative safety than Goons, so hell yes we went to Imperium. We also left less than six months later; vacation over.

Look at zKill and tell me which side of the fights is Iron.Guard on, and which side are Goonswarm Federation on? (I’ll get you an updated battle report)

See previous comments.

Actually of my entire recommended slate - to which I am currently creating a video for my campaign - only 2 candidates out of 10 belongs to a major nullsec bloc. Myself (indirectly, via PanFam) and Brisc Rubal (The Initiative, via Imperium).

I’ve seen this kind of Grrr Goons wacky-flailing-arm-inflatable-tube-man impression before. It never fails to make me laugh. Having ever been a member of the Imperium doesn’t taint you anymore than ever having been a member of BOB contaminated someone back before the Fountain War. This kind of calamitous hyperbole is typically the first resort of someone who can’t be bothered to invest themselves enough in the game to know what they’re talking about.

Thank you, I like to think so.

I plan to.

No ■■■■■■■ way, because I have an even bigger problem with the oversaturation of CSM with nullsec representatives than you do. Fight me.

2 Likes

Nice explanation. Makes sense.

Please be aware that there are some old players (like me) that remember the original Goonswarm. Goons lied and scammed people a lot, including corps trying to join them. Although the Goonswarm of today is barely recognizable, some of us have trouble letting go of our prejudices of the past. Perhaps it isn’t Goonswarm fault, but I am not the only person with a ten year grudge against those clowns.

That’s fair and I completely appreciate that it’s hard to let go of passionately established convictions, but for anyone to be effective in CSM, in diplo, and in community building they need to be able to see past that and work with others. I’m trying to do that, but I’m also passionate about the EVE Community – all of the EVE community, even Goons, Frat, etc – and I get kind of defensive when people start trying to stir the pot just to get a reaction or - worse - because they actually believe the vitriol they’re spewing.

Hello? Tasoji, you are hilariously dumb, if you genuinely think NSH is a goonswarm pet alliance.

Do the most modicum of research before spouting off, or you are no better off than any other below average iq opinion mouth

1 Like

@Elsebeth_Rhiannon I am, for the record, a very pro-Lore and pro-RP candidate. I have run EVE Site-seeing road trips to all of the major sites, including the battle remains of B-R5RB and the wreck of the Seraph. I am also, as you may have noted from Komi’s campaign post and my posts in the Fiction portal, a writer in love with the lore of this game. I have hosted podcast episodes focused on lore and I have participated in preaching that people should read the lore (see my video on a review of EVE: 2014 where I talk about Templar One).

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll look you up. Pretty sure I’ve read some of your stuff but my memory is a sieve.

You are an excellent writer for sure, a villain with genius intellect. I feel bad about it, but your stories really move me.

Best of luck Jurius D - you’re knowledgeable and smart. Ideal fit for a CSM member.

2 Likes

Hopefully this year will be successful, youre one of the few people that actually might make an impact in the CSM as far as newbro and retention is concerned!!! GOODLUCK Jurius D!

1 Like

Thanks, Rheaha! You, too. :slight_smile:

@Mike_Azariah, @Brisc_Rubal, @Xenuria, @Xuxe_Xu, @Xeux I have updated my campaign post with links to my campaign videos (one more to come). See them above, in my original post!

2 Likes

Seeing so many similarities to my own campaign in yours we are going to put you on the second position on our ballot and put @Mike_Azariah on the third spot. I honestly do not care who of us gets in as long as one of us at least gets in as i believe each one of us will bring great benefits and insights in the same areas.

Keep up the awesome work!

2 Likes

Thank you, Ikarus. I am honoured.

+1 JD has my vote and he’s one of my go to for new players and keeping them in the game (my other go to for newbros is Mike Azariah).

2 Likes

I had pleasant conversation with Jurius a few days ago, as a CSM candidates we share many viewpoints on the future of the Game and best steps to move it forward. He is smart, on point and we share a teaching background on new players that I am convinced is essential for new player retention. I’m looking forward to us engaging more in this healthy debates. o/

1 Like

Thank you, @Rahne_Chocolate and @Juvenius_Drakonius. :blush:

Everyone is invited to my Lore Roam on June 7, 2020 at 17:00 EVE time. Details here:

2 Likes