CSM 16 - All You Need to Know

Many bugs don’t exist till they hit TQ. It is the nature of MMO’s, especially EVE, that you can not test things properly because the live environment is different to any test environment.
You simply can’t simulate the way TQ loads the server erratically, and that loading and related database work is the cause of a lot of bugs.

Which is sad, because the resource wars content was actually a lot of fun and didn’t need any changes on that side. CCP just needed a better rewards store from it as many of the rewards were actually isk negative. It didn’t need to be super insane isk, but comparable to standard high sec income sources (Not burner blitzing or anything like that of course)

3 Likes

Didn’t there used to be minutes of CSM interactions?

To be completely honest, Brisc, that’s more than CCP’s done for it.

And many of them were ridiculously expensive for the ‘new players’ CCP claimed RW was aimed at. 100M + 1k LP for a jacket?

Of the Summits. With the much less structured communication of daily digital interaction, it’s harder to centralize those things.

2 Likes

Ah right, good point.

1 Like

Bummer, I hope it all works out for him.

Anyone here who actually think that CCP gives even the minutes care about what a CSM member thinks, provided he’s not in PL, can send me all their ISK and I’ll double it for them.

CCP doesn’t care. The CSM is for show.

Want CCP to listen to what you have to say? Join Pandemic Legion, become a cap FC or director, and start whining in alliance chat because someone used your tactics against you.
We’ve seen it time and time again, with infinite HIC rorquals and teleporter citadels to name two of the larger things that were changed due to PL’s whining.

Save your energy.

3 Likes

Any publicity for the game, whether good or bad is still publicity.

No need to explain to Us. No one in this forum are a good listener.:roll_eyes: Go to T.I.S it is a better platform for explaining.

Nope.

Argue all you want, but that wont change the reality of it.

1 Like

I mean, there’s plenty of proof that “all publicity is good publicity”. Just look at the Assassin’s Creed games and what happened between 2, 3, and 4. Anthem had tons of bad publicity and now where is it?

Never tried it so you have me there.

EVE seems to be different than so many other games. While I see your point, bad press still seems to help EVE. Go figure…

Abandoned & dying?
I get your point but that was a terrible example.

As I see it no ceo of Corp, alliance or coalition should be allowed to be come CSM, having insider knowledge before another else and being in a role with power to push others into certain things that would take advantage of upcoming releases and patches.

No matter what CCP think this information has been used before.

Only those not in CEO roles should be allowed csm roles and even then from sub 500 member corporations or alliances.

3 Likes

Can someone run for CSM to represent the Drifters?:thinking:

Everything i need to know about the CSM could be written on the back of a NULL variable

1 Like

No. Things like missing BP seeding or failing to implement more Myko gas sites in low sec are not things that break when they get pushed onto TQ. These things are simply due to developers not paying attention. These mistakes are completely unnecessary and avoidable but CCP keeps repeating them time and again. It is not the first time that they failed to seed new BPOs but they do not learn from the past. It is not the first time that new sites don’t show up as advertised but they do not learn from the past experiences either. This has nothing to do with MMO, TQ, live or test environments. It’s simply sloppy development and QA quality.

They have the VIP mode. You would expect that the 2 or 3 people that can be online in that mode would at least check if the BPO are on the market or if the game has more Myko sites. That should be a thing of a few seconds to figure out since it is nothing more than a check of the loaded objects.

2 Likes

That’s because it’s more a feedback loop or user research function than an actual council in my opinion.

Yes the CSM will have influence because of the calibre of player that’s elected and the type of input / feedback they get - but they don’t control anything.

After all is said and done, product and design team will take that info and make decisions based on it. Whether or not the CSM likes them or the wider community is another thing.

Tl,dr it’s an opportunity to influence direction of game not decide

1 Like

Keep the discussion civil and on the topic of CSM please.