CSM 17 Information Station!

They take surveys, CCP employees occasionally pm you in game, you can give feedback, and you can file a bug report, you can participate on the forums, and on reddit, you can also participate in an additional forum that is the CSM which is a game entity by all accounts exclusive to CCP and EVE.

You would do well to remember that ‘good-enough’ is usually superior in effect to ‘perfect’.

The CSM is good-enough and it’s certainly better than nothing. It’s mere existence is an exercise in democracy, community influence, and relations.

You want perfect but what I think that you really want, what you’re desperate for, what you feel you don’t have, is control-of-everything. Its what you think CCP has, it’s why you resent them so much, and it betrays your naivety about the nature of our existence more broadly speaking, and our participation in this game specifically. I guarantee you that if CCP had control-of-everything they wouldn’t be doing what they’re doing now. They’re doing what they’re doing now, monetising, developing the NPE, upgrading their hardware and software, adding in story arcs through Faction Warfare BECAUSE they don’t have control of everything, so they’re doing the best with what they have instead.

As Mike Tyson eloquently put it, ‘Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face’.

A democracy is a more mature form of government because it is premised on the idea that there is no sustainable ideal but there is a best-in-class option and that happens to be the will of the majority. It is far from perfect and it is biased against minority influence. Dude I don’t want to go on, you really need to reflect on all your assumptions and expectations and ask of yourself, ‘how aware am I of all the relevant variables that effect the outcome of my desired outcome’.

By the way, the saying is

’The customer is always right in matters of taste’.

That is the full quote.

Because the customer is rarely right about any other aspect of the product since production of anything is notoriously difficult, demands high levels of expertise, and consistent performance to be successful.

1 Like

Sounds like an idea, but that is not hw representative democracy works :slight_smile:
This is then the dictature of the majority. Or would you vote to pay taxes?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.