CSM 17 Information Station!

No matter how much CCP convinces themselves that CSM matters to the average player it doesn’t, it never will. It’s just a bunch of guys on the sheet that are buying votes in-game, on stream, social media… to gain direct access to CCP for their own agendas.

CSM does nothing, never did but give people on the council to feel important and impose their views and beliefs directly to CCP who thinks they come directly from the players.

The game was better without this CSM nonsense and frankly it’s disgusting.

Here’s a fix though, instead of the annoying agency popping up every once in a while covering my whole screen just to be an annoyance - I’d like to see polls on updates, just like OSRS has. Where community actually has a voice instead of this CSM charade.

But I’m a nobody, don’t even play anymore.

1 Like

@Enapiuz for CSM!

1 Like

I would like to see a transparancy report on the CSM, was there any CSM insider trading on ingame items before announcements? Is there any rules to prevent that?

For example, the recent announcement they knew about in advance, and the PLEX price rise.

There are rules, it is not allowed:

Members of the council shall not use any information gained in confidence or before the general public to derive any personal benefit in the game, either directly or indirectly.

Source

1 Like

Is that monitored by algorithms or people in the game? Should be easyish to check.

I can think of two who wouldn’t do it

Besides if it was found out that one did, theyd be banned and all assets would be siezed from those who were given access

If you want a wee purity test.

When the waste blog first came out the neither goons 'n friends or test 'n friends line members had a clue that the ORE modules would be exempt. The CSM reps knew, they could have warned people, they could have bought modules themselves, but they didn’t and we know they didn’t from market data - also I know from where I was It was a real “oh sh” moment for the industrialists in delve when that information dropped, because the mods were all sold out in empire within seconds (then relisted at eye watering prices), and there were none in 1DQ.

1 Like

Then quit wasting our time posting.

3 Likes

You’re not on the CSM ballot? That’s too bad.

I have no desire to vote or follow the CSM this year. the reason is the lack of any information about the work of the CSM 16

@Brisc_Rubal could show you several forum posts detailing what theyve done and talked about

1 Like

ah hen, if the CSM has repeatedly been left out of the general eve conversation and there have been no big patches adding new new content, rather than fixes, then all they have done is fight fires and there is no glory in that, just horrible grinding dull meetings. Unless the fanfest announcement is good, in which case CSM 17 is going to get the props for that when it drops.

You can go back and watch the Meta show episodes after various patches, announcements and changes to see brisc talk and rant about CSM stuff.

That is correct - this year we are allowing the options for those who wish to stay remote.

Where is the CSM application? It says we can start to apply May 2nd, don’t see the application posted anywhere?

https://community.eveonline.com/community/csm/apply-for-csm/

ah, takes you to the front page if yo’ure not logged in, had to click login and then click it again.

Why even bother with this s-show when you wont listen to the CSM anyways?

The CSM is one of several tools we use to gather information and listen to community feedback. While no single entity outside of CCP unilaterally decides the direction that CCP takes, the CSM is an incredibly valuable institution for developing the game alongside our community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A vote of no confidence presumes that the CSM has failed in their stated objectives. What are the stated objectives of the CSM?

Your argument, as best as I can understand it, is that two additional voting selections should exist, 1.) none of the above; 2.) No CSM.

Not voting is by proxy the same as suggestion 1.) none of the above. It is the action of having no preference for the options provided, in other words ‘None-of-the-above’. So you have and can exercise that option already.

A vote of ‘No-Confidence’ presumes that the CSM has failed to achieve it’s stated objectives and therefor is having no impact.

That is by proxy the same as suggestion 2.) No CSM.

A vote of ‘No-CSM’ is premised on the accusation that the CSM is a worthless non-contributing-zero and therefor should not exist. If it is indeed a worthless non-contributing-zero then it does by all practical measures not exist in any relevant way and is innocuous.

What I think that you’re really afraid of is that the CSM does have an impact. I think that you’ve realised that the CSM does exert a genuine influence on the outcomes proposed by CCP. And I think that you’re well aware that the degree of influence is about equal to the degree of frustration and powerlessness that you feel in directing those outcomes toward your own selfish ends.
I don’t mean to suggest that selfishness is a negative. I think that we all want what we want.
Instead I mean to convey the self-awareness that your selfishness is yours and yours alone. I think that it would serve you to recognise that if your ideas were useful and of-broad-appeal then they would naturally garner more support.

The problem that you are contending with is that your solution is to oppose solutions. You’ve centred your platform on an impossibility since you can not yourself offer up the proposal without yourself making a proposal.

Your argument is that you don’t have a voice. But your platform is to remove all voices. The community is in full support of you and they are demonstrating their support by encouraging you to lead-the-way and be the first to say nothing.

If you want to participate you need to recall what it is you really want. you need to make that message simple and repeat it as often as it is welcome. I’d hazard to guess that buried somewhere within your cynicism, Emotional Support Clown, is a genuine gripe that deserves attention. It’d certainly make for more interesting reading than the usual branding of listening to you complain about not being listened to. We’ve all-of-us listened to so very much of that from you.