CSM Member Distribution

The more democracy the less concentration of power you have, which is a good thing, Anyway, that’s not really applicable here since the CSM is not a government. So lets stop the RL politics comparisons.

And again to all the whiners here:

The CSM are simply some people who try to defuse super stupid ideas before CCP implements them. And for that it doesn’t really matter where those players come from. The only purpose for the voting process is that they are community picked and represent the customer and not hand picked by CCP based on their alignment with their views.

If you think they don’t represent you then vote or run for CSM. Other than that just stop crying really. They invest a lot of free time to basically help the whole game and for that they deserve a bit of gratitude. They fill an important role.

2 Likes

True it doesnt compare well.

But thats only good while you arent in charge.

Democracy is not what the CSM elections are. You can literally legally buy votes by buying plex.
Just because there is voting doesn’t make it democratic.

When the game systems are set up to create large null blocs with very few drivers to form any blocs let alone large blocs in other areas of space it’s a rigged system to start with also.

That said I still voted. And will keep voting. It’s just a loaded system right from the get go.

3 Likes

So they are the secret Trump resistance that keeps him in check. And the Claw nerfs, among other things, are the 90% of the good bovine waste while the CSM holds the really bonkers 10% back?

1 Like

Maybe don’t ramble too much if you try to make a point?

Game development isn’t a democracy.

The point is, which you’re actively trying to avoid, is that it SHOULDN’T be.

I’m also quite amazed as to why a CODE character is so very much in favour of null control over the CSM CCP? It wouldn’t be that you’re just Goon alt, would it? Your feverish posting in this thread is kinda obvious.

1 Like

Maybe you should just read what I write: The CSM are not game designers and I just don’t care where they come from. And oh please, even after we kill each others stuff people still think CODE. and Goons are the same :crazy_face: . I don’t care about null and I don’t care about goons.

The important point I tried to make is that it is important that they exist and that they consists of motivated people who help CCP avoid terrible decisions.

Again, if you think they should “represent” you then vote. Other than that you obviously can’t help but crying so sure go on an feel miserable and blame others for your lack of power…

3 Likes

I dont think that both of those equate to the same thing.

Besides, the most relevent organisation in New Eden doesnt need democracy.

And they always win.

1 Like

No, because representation is a form of democracy which is again the point. Game design, which is what the null lobby CSM advices CCP on should NOT be a democracy.

But feel free to keep posting in this thread like crazy even though you don’t have any ties to null sec, since you’re code. Oh yeah.

[edit]

The CSM has outlived its use, the reason it got installed was a knee jerk PR reaction to a bad situation. It has done some good in the past but it has become a farce. It should end.

Reading is hard:

Again, purposefully avoiding the actual issue which comes to no surprise.

They ADVICE CCP on game design related issues which means they get to convey their perspective and lobby for what works for them. This doesn’t need explaining but I’m glad you’re trying to twist the narrative, makes it entertaining.

They simply point out things that would be stupid or a problem. They don’t do game design or “advice” in game design.

1 Like

riiiight

Would have to expand that to include their corp history for the past 6 months.

It is quite ridiculous when one Alliance is by default the only vote that matters and they all do as Alex says, just like any good cultist would.

2 Likes

I feel the your pain, but even this mechanism could be abused, and it won’t solve anything, really.
Imperium won this CSM election through ability to organise tons of votes according to their carefully selected voting list. Much better than others could do. Many people did not vote at all also. Funny how this resembles real life?
Essence of democracy is not that majority steamrolls minority, but instead there is long discussion and consent prior to fundamental changing decisions.
You have the CSM here now voted mostly by someone’s else (at least for me). But hell, wtf. Work with them! Can you say that they don’t care for the game? I can’t say that. They do.

1 Like

Lol who told you that, a politician?

@Ramona_McCandless well, I went to grammar school so I know. And now after 7th beer in this late afternoon I struggle to recollect who exactly it was dozens of years ago.

Lol no suprise

It may not be the purpose of democracy but it is exactly its essence and why its a terrible thing.

@Ramona_McCandless This would be for another topic and I very much disagree with you on this.
Cheers,

1 Like

Get rid of it.
Its a NS cartel lobby platform anyways, and widely recognized as such.

Will also save you some money flying/accommodating CSM so CCP can better meet its PA obligations for their bonus.