CSM Member Distribution

Let me guess. You will select them.

2 Likes

Oh look.
An NS cartel lackey is deeply goncerned.

CSM members should be divided among the different sections of EVE, so that as many players are represented as possible. Membership division for the CSM members like 40% Null sec, 20% WH, 20% Low sec and 20% High sec.

I would like to see the ballot divided up in sections so that players running to represent Wormhole space, Low sec, High sec and Null sec would be on seperate parts of the ballot, so that all areas of EVE has a chance to be represented, not just a big power play from Null sec.

This is what I would prefer to see as a CSM ballot design:

Null Sec ( Choose 4)

Player A
Player B
Player C
Player D, etc…

Low Sec (Choose 2)

Player A
Player B, etc…

High Sec (Choose 2)

Player A
Player B, etc…

Wormhole Space (Choose 2)

Player A
Player B, etc…

Candidates would have to select before the election which area they wish to represent according to where they spent most of their time the previous year. It could still be manipulated I suppose, but at least it would feel the elections were more balanced than they are now. The CSM elections now are nothing more than a big bloc tidal wave that dominates almost anyone else that decides to run that is not from Null.

I still vote even though the current system is a complete farce. It would be nice to hear some different voices from the inside, regarding the future of EVE. There may be some players out there that have great ideas, but never get the chance to share their expertise because of the voting system and Null sec domination.

Let the flaming ensue… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds like lobbying to me, cash/favours for votes has always been part of politics.

2 Likes

Wont work. Voters will be told by blue donut shills who to vote for and the deck will still be stacked.

The ONLY way the CSM becomes a viable tool to represent all types of eve players is if u remove voting entirely and make it a selection process run by CCP. People apply by stating their skills, how they play (prob country of origin, language, RL occupation etc) how they make theer isk, number of accounts whatever. From there CCP recruits the CSM, along the lines of the distribution you used. That’d work much better.

I’m a 10+ year vet of this game, several accounts, I play a lot. But I dont vote in the CSM anymore. Its not worth my time. Look at the current ‘balance’ pass that once again favours 0.0 monkeys above everyone and everything else, including stuff thats just screaming out to be balanced and nerfed. But no CCP decides that hole rolling and ECM are priority number one… I wonder why…

I don’t think at this point CSM is salvageable,on that note don’t really care will they be around next year or not.

Being annoying once an year for “yet another null sec elections”(lol) is more than tolerable.

So that’s why we have ancillary shield boosters and rapid jesus launchers?

Maybe people whom cannot pvp shouldn’t be giving any advice to CCP how to change pvp mechanics.

Here’s a couple improvements to CSM if you actually want them to do what they’re supposed to be doing.

1. No free vacations to sit and drink beer with the dev buddies. No freebies or incentives at all. You’re supposed to be a CSM because you want to help, not because you want to be special. You don’t need a trip to Iceland, or even to be in the same country as each other to have a meeting in the digital age.

2. No more private CSM meetings. When devs and CSM meet, it can be via discord or something similar. Have devs and CSM only ones allowed to post, but everyone else can read. In fact, a CSM/Dev meeting could be conducted entirely in a forum thread, where we’d all be able to read it as it happens and screenshot it so there’s no “creative deletions” later.

3. Any personal friend or family member of any CCP/Pearl Abyss employee should be automatically excluded from any and all CSM appointments. Anyone later found to have this conflict of interest should immediately be removed and the relevant CCP/PA employee terminated.

4 Likes

Oh, you mean like the removal of Location Agents? How long before the next benefit for null at the expense anybody else. Will you be so casual then?

Put it another way. What we see for October is a major step for safety for PvE for a particular vested group. It’s just Null - so you do not have to care?

40% decrease in HS player activity means less targets. And nothing so far attempted - has changed this trend. How it will be when it eventually goes to 60% or 80%? A lot less targets for you then. What’s the backup plan. All aboard the rorqual gravy train? (spell check wants to substitute “rorqual” for “squalor”, there’s an irony).

Hi-sec/Low/WH does not need to be represented and we can have faith in the benevolence of null-sec.

Representation by space class (wormhole, null, Low sec etc) would be too easy to manipulate, and we’d end up where we are now with Goons deciding game mechanics and announcing them on INN.

Better to abandon the CSM entirely and move to focus groups of fairly large numbers of players, with equal chance to have a say but no direct voting. Selected by CCP from among whoever applies, according to some arbitrary criteria to create a mix of game experience, player longevity and region.

That way CCP hears a multitude of voices on a multitude of player issues, and not just the fingernails on blackboard about more krab safety in Delve.

1 Like

It seems to me that the under-represented player groups tend to also be the most independent. I neither agree or disagree with the notion of disbanding the CSM. What I do know is that isn’t going to happen anytime soon. If it were to happen it would be the result of a massive collective effort on the part these under-represented players. Which brings us back to independence.

If you have notice we have been handed some very powerful tools for coordinating without having to share corp or alliance. Tools are there in the access lists, structures and role systems that can allow for such independent players to work together.

NullSec is out playing everyone. It doesn’t have to be that way…imho.

1 Like

Assumning everybody follows these “orders”.

Locator agents are still in the game. Do you even know what you are crying about?

3 Likes

He meant removal of Watchlist.

The current voting system allows people to be less organised, and still get good results.

Is your main choice one who’s not likely to get in? Well that’s far less of an issue, because if they’re eliminated because they don’t have enough votes, your entire vote falls to your second choice (or third, or fourth).

So you just need to make sure that you, and people like you, are voting for people you can stand. The order isn’t particularly important, as long as they’re all in there. Candidates should be talking to other people that they support, and suggesting slates to people who vote for them. That way, someone gets on to represent the people who vote for them.

Yes, the system has also made life better for Goons, because they don’t need to worry so much about over-voting their primary candidate (meaning secondary candidates don’t get their votes). But this applies for all other groups, including people in Wormholes, highsec and so on.

As I’ve always said, the time to start running for CSM is just after you lost (for the next year). People have to know who you are. Both voters, and other candidates, so you can do the horse trading for ballot positions.

3 Likes

Junk the CSM.
Its just a NS cartel lobby, by their own admission.

But Steve if you aren’t in a nullsec group you can’t possibly get in anymore

/s

1 Like

How much did your campaign cost?
Did you receive funds from players before/after the nomination/election?

I’m in a somewhat unique position. Aside from the highsec/nullsec/wh/lowsec politics.

My campaigning is very limited, because people already know who I am.

The horse trading I was talking about, is for candidates to work out who goes where on their recommended slates.

It’s already something which the larger groups do.

Ive never heard of you till now, and have no idea who you are, even though I have the highest post count here since this new board began.

This is deeply concerning.