CSM XV Candidate Cheat Sheet

Thank you for the kind words and putting in the hard work to make that summary on all the candidates.

1 Like

Interesting. I realize the enormous bulk of work required to do this thread. Thanks for that. I can’t agree with most of your opinions, but that’s the beauty of democracy, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Your post brought back memories. I, too, started my college years in the 70’s and originally went to a college that offered an accelerated schedule where one took only one class at time and finished a semester in 3.5 weeks. Classes from 8-5, followed by 3-5 hours of “homework/projects.” As Pre-Med/Pre-Dent, I decided to start with Physics, Biology, and then another semester of Physics. Professor allowed half a 3x5 notecard for a test,3-5 test a week. I could engrave on a head of a pin by the time I was done. Physics back in the days of slide rules and TI calculators that could barely do basic math for $100+ made those tiny “cheat sheets” invaluable.

Course I started seeing vectors everywhere in almost every action I did or saw, so wisely transferred out to a “normal” school. Still have PTSD from that experience, including the ones caused by the shock everyone experienced as Professor Dam repeatedly dropped his large rock he kept on his podium on the floor to wake everyone up in the late afternoon.

Thanks, Shipwreck, for your work and synopsis. I will add it to the information I use to plan my votes.

4 Likes

Interesting writeup, Mr. Jones. Appreciate the work you did to put it together.

I too mostly avoided nullbloc candidates, as I figured they don’t really need my vote. Notable exceptions being Rubal (just like the guy, mmk…) and UAxDeath (shut, you stupid head, you will like - Bilyat!).

My top 3 were Pandora Singularity (Space Popette and B4R ftw!), January Valentine (Community ftw!), and Mike Azariah mcbw (Mad Canuck Bus Wrangler).

I also like Xenuria…more than a bit odd, certainly, but a surprisingly delightful odd who also surprised by doing a pretty good job as a CSM before. So we disagree on that one, SJ - Bob bless democracy!

Thanks again for making this. :+1: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

If you don’t think that I am at the minimum less disruptive to the CSM and player faith in it than Olmeca than you have no credibility in my eyes. I realize that with your limited information and using /r/eve as a baseline you are going to come to some dumb conclusions but seriously. You can’t even maintain a consistent opinion on me. This negative perception of me is contrasted with the fact that you yourself said I was a good CSM. You also have this fleeting moment of self-awareness where you say

But then it passes when you accuse me of using

Can you be specific? What part of which interview on which platform was in your opinion memey bs? Educate me here, help me understand where your head is at.

I vote for no CSM
The game is worst then ever ! No big wars no small wars / conflicts.
Blue donuts everyware and capitals … lots of capitals…
Structures! More structrures then the POS era. And OP structures like the keepstars
No chalange/charges to own a super / titan anymore.

Thank you all CSM members especialy those that were there for multiple turns and are now appling again!
You ruined the sandbox and made it stale and boring…

VOTE FOR NO CSM !!!

2 Likes

Are you playing the same game as the rest of us?

1 Like

What big war has happened in the last year? Enlighten us please, we the ignorant masses.

1 Like

Most, if not all, of what you are referring to has it’s origin in player behaviour. That is not something that either CCP or the CSM can be blamed for.

The CSM is important. I would even say that it is more important then ever as CCP has taken a new direction and will therefore need good feedback.

Seriously? I’ve sat here and acknowledged that you’ve been judge unfairly, and you’re going to turn right around and bring in Goon propaganda about Olmeca? First of all, the people who think that Olmeca was a disruptive idiot are mostly goons, and they don’t suffer from the same lack of faith in the CSM that many non-bloc players have. Second, everything I’ve seen has led me to believe that this is nothing more than BS. He appears to be knowledgeable, reasonable, and rather civil. And quite honestly, I think he did a better job than I would have at keeping his cool throughout all the BS he got from the Goon Downvote Brigade on reddit. I had heard that the Mitanni had turned Olmeca into a boogie man for propaganda purposes, and from everything I’ve seen, I have no reason to doubt it.

Second, I’m sure you understand this. I basically made pros and cons list. You do have some pros; unfortunately, they are, in my opinion, outweighed by the cons. This is not indicative of a contradictory opinion.

Third, I know that you know you were memey AF. Lol. Why are you even pretending like you weren’t? Are you trying to trick me into posting your campaign video or whatnot? Anyway, I figure that you think this strategy would appeal to the anti-CSM type, but they already know that you won’t be a disruptive force. So, I’m not sure why you persist in sticking to it.

Anyway, I don’t particularly enjoy speaking out against candidates. I do empathize with most of you guys, and I don’t like shitting on people’s goals and dreams. But, I am doing what I think is best for the game. As such, I’m not even going to think about changing my endorsement of you until you change your brand from “memey BS” to “someone who takes this seriously.”

2 Likes

@kosmicheski

I keep seeing people saying that nullsec is static and that no one is fighting, and I do not understand why? Not only has there been a bunch of fighting, but there’s a bunch of people routinely reporting on it -Jin’taan’s news reports, TiS, INN articles, reddit posts. So, why the discrepancy between reality and this commonly held misconception? I don’t know.

Anyway, for the large scale, we have things like the glassing of Tribute, Winter Co getting evicted, and Darkness getting their dick knocked in the dirt. For the small scale, we have lots of small, unaligned alliances fighting in the power vacuums left by Pan Fam relocating to the drone lands and Darkness disbanding.

1 Like

Don’t worry, friend… Xenuria’s response was basically self-evident justification of your claims…

“Let me bolster your case with the nature of my reply!”

1 Like

I think my words and efforts are wasted on this thread and it’s op. Nobody can say I didn’t at least try.

So we have a bunch of null-sec carebears, a bunch of high-sec carebears, and some fringe candidates thrown in. Just more of the same.

No one’s willing willing to shake things up anymore. How about a candidate whose primary activity is suicide-ganking? How about a candidate who wants to evolve drug production into a whole massive black market industry? How about a true chaotic-evil candidate who just wants to watch the entire world burn? Where are the low-sec pirates? Where are the high-sec mercenaries? Where are the players who want capital ships gone from any space that’s not sovereign 0.0?

Oh right, they haven’t existed for the past ten elections, because all everyone wants to do is press F1 to either mine asteroids, or the hulls of an enemy 500-man fleet.

I agree with kosmicheski - vote for no CSM. I’d rather CCP made decisions by themselves at this point. At least they have been showing that they’re willing to try to introduce some entropy to the game. I bet the Trig invasion wouldn’t even have happened if the CSM had a say in it.

At best, I might vote for the RvB guy. At least he’s a solo PvPer.

1 Like

The CSM is there to help CCP develop the game by giving advice and recommendations based on their expertise on the subjects.

The Trig invasion is a fantastic new element. It has a story and it is something everyone can get involved on. Naturally some things will need adjusting to be able to have it as a template for future content. That’s where the CSM becomes invaluable as CCP employees were not allowed to play the game up untill recently. They therefore lack a lot of the knowledge and expertise to make the current content an ongoing succes, while also improving and expanding upon it for the future.

1 Like

wut

Of course they were. They just weren’t allowed to tie their identities together.

1 Like

@DutchGunner CCP wrote a detailed article about how difficult it was for CCP employees to play the game while maintaining their relative anonymity, and how it raised many problems when it came to alliances, etc. The revised policy allows them to play more openly regarding their being CCP.

1 Like

CSM has not stopped or made CCP developers do what they do. They are there to give opinion on how the snowflakes will rage on the new changes.
They are the reason why the game is stale.

Why we have 3 reinforce timers on citadels and limited dmg cap? CSM is here to “protect” smaller groups, by not allowing them to make any dmg to the bigger groups !
Where were CSM to point out that keepstars are affecting CCP profits by making it easier for players to keep / maintain multiple super capitals? Something that was related to extra costs before.
Did CSM advocate the Cyno change? NO! They wanted it to be softer, to “protect the small groups” again.
More and more examples can be given, but we saw a change last year in how CCP aproch gameplay changes. We see CCP actively making changes to improve activity. We see nerfs, buffs and new content, focused on activity and removing the assets piles. None of that is because CSM told em so!
In fact, it is direct result of the analysis CCP did them self. Some of it done durring the blackout, an event heavily protested by current and former CSM members…

Help CCP save a few bucks. Vote NO CSM!

1 Like

That’s like 1/3rd of an Olmeca post.

1 Like

Of course it has.

The game isn’t stale for a lot of players.

The CSM has been arguing long and hard about changing this, and they were able to convince CCP to create this new abandoned structures feature that reduces the number of timers.

It was also a massive pain in the ass that everybody hated. CCP gets far more revenue after the keepstar changes, where you can use your super/titan pilot for more than just being a coffin sitter, than it did before.

Of COURSE they advocated for the cyno change. ■■■■■■■ Olmeca’s wet dream was the cyno changes. You think he wasn’t pushing for them to be even harsher than it ended up being?

All of your examples are wrong, tho.

Most of it was done in consultation with the CSM, and most of the changes have been supported by the CSM. You don’t see them out here screaming about how bad those changes were, do you?

You ■■■■■ about the CSM ‘costing’ CCP money, then praise the blackout, which cost them millions of dollars in lost revenue and subscribers.

You have no idea what you’re talking about.

5 Likes