CSM 16 Candidate Cheat Sheet

I wasn’t going to make a candidate cheat sheet this year due to how busy I am in RL, but changed my mind at the last minute because I had an opinion or two that I felt compelled to share. Regardless, I hope it can help at least a few people make slightly more informed decisions. And sorry to all the guys that I only did a bare minimum of research on.

5 Likes

Thank you for supplying this list. It pretty much represents the complete opposite of my view and sorta quantifies everything currently wrong with this game in my view.

You support community leaders part of factions that the larger community is actively working to purge from the game universe while suggesting potential upstarts don’t represent the community.

The CSM is a really dumb idea these days but thanks for the opinionated summary I guess.

Um… you’re going to have to break this one down for me. Cause I’m not tracking.

What I will say, however, is that if you’re trying to purge people from the game and they haven’t broken the EULA or done something wildly inappropriate, then you might be the bad guy here.

1 Like

thanks for the hard work but all of this is useless when only null blocks become CSM. how about low sec and hi sec system?

um, hi, I am Mike. the ‘hisec guy’ who got elected.

m

1 Like

Okay, if you go by just where people are active/where they live, it would appear that nullsec utterly dominated the results once again. However, closer inspection reveals that only 5 “pure” null bloc candidates grabbed seats this year. Mike is from HS, and is a community candidate (can be at on the forums, and will probably answer eve-mails as well. Brisc is a community candidate that is active in a billion discords, the forums, and will answer Eve-mails. Sutionia and I-Beast are both streamers that are best classified as representing the solo/small gang play style. And Kenneth is best described as an industrialist in spite of also being from a null bloc.

Now, is this ideal? Of course not. Half the CSM represents the bloc play style, and there are no pure candidates for LS, WH’s, Pochven, Lore, Ganking/Piracy, and so on. But compared to previous years, I’d say the non-blocs did okay.

Anyway, there are many people that will claim that the CSM needs to be disbanded and/or that there is no point in voting. However, (1) unless there is a major turn of events, the CSM isn’t going anywhere, and (2) not voting only makes it easier for the null blocs to dominate the council -it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I’ve been thinking about it all day, and my dream is for all the under-represented play styles to take a page from the null bloc playbook, and start doing their own vote trading between themselves. I adamantly assert that the strategy could work, the only question is whether or not all the other communities are willing to put in the effort to make it work.

idk. Maybe it’s just a pipe dream, but I’ve resolved myself to do better next year. No more procrastinating on my cheat sheet. Moreover, I need to do better when it comes to assessing the viability of candidates. I’ve done okay, but it’s obvious to me that I can do a lot better. I think I need to do a better job of reaching out to all the different communities in order to try to get both, their endorsements, and a better feel for the candidates’ grass root support. Another thing I’m going to do is focus my support on the most viable candidates of a particular play style, rather than the guys I like best. I mean, I don’t live in WH’s, so maybe the WH candidate that appeals to me the most isn’t as important as which WH candidate has the most support from actual WH’ers. I’ve honestly been kind of stupid in that regard. So, as long as I don’t think that they’ll somehow be damaging to the game, I’m going to try to throw my weight behind those that have the best support of their particular communities.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.