Curious inquiry regarding ship skins and who chooses which skins to make at CCP

Korean p2w owners Pearl Abyss make these decisions now

Should be model-based and not for every individual variant. ie Megathron/Kronos/MegaNI. Iā€™d leave the Vindicator out because it is not strictly Gallente, so it should be separateā€¦ but if you have an attraction to a certain ship type, I for one would be more likely to spend on skins if there was more value to them and they were all availableā€¦
For example, I was looking for a vanilla Megathron Police skinā€¦ Nothing on market, nothing in NES store.

What type of business model develops an entire revenue stream but then sets that stream to a trickleā€¦ across 3-5 different spigots, only dripping here and there every once in a random while?

So me, the customer searching for something specific to buy, ready to pay for it, and the company, CCP, intentionally holding it back.

Really it should be race line based with only cap or subcap distinctions.
People fly so many different ships normally that having to get skins 1 by 1 is really painful. And the meta shifts so rapidly sometimes as well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.