Current state of highsec crime

Just ignore him, he talks in circles, says nothing, and thinks he’s way smarter than he actually is.

3 Likes

and your massive ego definitely is capable of such a judgement. of course. :slight_smile:
and telling people to ignore someone is definitely a sign of intelligence. of course. :slight_smile:

so smart
much wow

thanks for the insights into your mind. :slight_smile:

Got a new Vigil, tried again, scored a jackpot this time around. Easily 5 times worth the ship I lost, if not 10 times. You’re right, it’s a groovy hobby for a gambling man, you never know what’s on the other side. Just be prepared for bouts of bad luck. I’m starting to love the scanning and probing, it gets real easy with practice. What do the miners always say? I find it relaxing.

6 Likes

That’s the spirit! I think you’re gonna like it here.

1 Like

\o/ grats on the success! Eve is all about ups and downs. With practice you learn how to turn some of the downs into ups (narrow escapes, defeating overwhelming opponents etc)

1 Like

My total profit from that one gig amounted to over 6 million ISK when I sold it. Maybe closer to seven. All from the yellow wrecks in one room in a lvl 4 mission pocket. The best job for rookies to make ISK ever. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Getting the elusive mission-bear to agress you is the first part. Next you will need to learn how to fight him. I recommend looking up videos on how tracking and spiral-approach work to sig-tank larger guns to get in for tackle.

Keep baiting and eventually you’ll bag yourself a good one.

3 Likes

First time you kill a multi billion isk battleship in your frigate, you’ll be hooked.

4 Likes

If you’re sig tanking, and you’re fast enough, you can usually just fly in a straight line on a big target. You’ve got to take into account how long it takes them to lock you up, too. In that time, you can cross up to 30-50km in a fast enough ship. And once you’re under guns, it’s all downhill from there.

2 Likes

Depends on the situation, but I can personally tell you that even with boosts and halos you will get ■■■■ on quickly… especially by anything that has drones (the most popular damage platform for ratting and missions by far).

It’s just good practice to learn how to spiral-approach, with the only exception being something with a missile-based platform. Fly at those in a straight line.

1 Like

I’m almost always in fast assault frigates when going for tackle on bigger ships like BCs or BSs. Never had a problem with drones. It’s neuts that worry me the most. If they’re doing PVE, there’s a good chance they have a lot of rats locked up and will have to unlock something first to make room to lock me long before they can get a shot off with guns or missiles. By then, my 2.8km/s 416dps Enyo is all over them.

1 Like

I mean find the best method for the individual, but I wouldn’t tell people that l learning how to spiral is useless with mission baiting. It’s certainly saved me a number of times, especially when the target MJD’s multiple times.

1 Like

I lost a Nestor in lowsec a few days ago because of MJD. Was in my Phobos using warp disruption script instead of scram. Still getting ■■■■ from the guys I fly with for it :joy:

1 Like

I had to quit playing when they upgraded the rookie ships. How the hell am I supposed to take an Ibis with drones?

2 Likes

Man, I got my start in Eve falling in with a group that did targeted wardecs and then when on to roll with the old T.E.A.R.S. (Tear Extraction and Reclamation Services) guys. I really miss large swaths of Crimewatch 1.0 features. Bored on a Tuesday night? Jettison or take a can in top belt of Hek and wait only a little bit, or go look for jetcan miners in the quiet corners of highsec that no one would normally have a reason to visit.

It’s good to hear you’re still pulling missions from your Salvage Agent and doing to your best to finish them. How different are the tactics these days? My impression is that there’s no room for subtlety anymore, and it’s basically “Be obvious and shoot some carebear’s MTU to go suspect.” Bear in mind, the last time I did this, it was with the 500MN MWD (100MN back then) bump Orca with a T3 or Hurricane inside, and a salvaging Vigil or Worm (which wasn’t much of a threat back then before the rebalancing.)

Don’t forget the Ninja Noctis… combat probes, tractor beams, salvagers and salvage drones etc…

Act stupid when they ask “How’d you end up in my mission pocket?”
“YOU’RE mission pocket?! I was here first.”

It doesn’t matter that you’re lying your face off, the goal is to provoke an irrational response in hopes they shoot at you. Warp out and come back in something appropriate for a dunkfest.

Plus you get that Elite PvP status. Prove Mom right.

1 Like

Uhh… Uhm… A… A giant stone John Wilkes Booth?

(Not sure why you’re asking me?)

Im an alpha and i scan pretty darn good using a t1 scan frig, I can get a level 4 sig to 98% with just my venture and t1 grav mods.

I scan ships pretty easily with t1 extended probe launcher and sister combat probe and t1 rigs on my scan frig and a range mod.

Just train your skills and prep your ship and you will be fine.

What’s one of those? :slowparrot:

It takes up two slots and launches 16 probes, allowing you to scan two signatures at once. They’re pretty rare. I got mine from the same guy who sold me a 500nm micro-warp drive. It’s tiny!

3 Likes