CVA declared traitors!

Is it kind of strange that, even though I’ve always wanted to see CVA fall, I don’t want it to happen this way or to these aggressors?

1 Like

Not at all. It’s almost depressing that I feel sort of like cheering for the Marys in this war. Almost. CVA did something their opponents like U’K etc never bothered with. They utilized all of capsuleer strengths, pulling in people from all walks of capsuleer life and made an actual home out of Providence, and turning it NRDS was frankly a pretty ingenious choice as this slightly unique measure led to courting quite a few people to their side.

Add to this that they have always been tenacious, and you could burn Providence quite a bit and CVA would just stolidly rebuild and resume. Well, Provibloc. It wasn’t all CVA, of course.

The most natural opponents being U’K and such failed to provide the grand struggle one could have hoped for, since U’K and EM etc simply never went that broad in scope, nor fervent in execution. Focusing on the Pendulum Pretense sapped Ushra’Khan of both reputation and momentum, deadlocking themselves in the “kiddie pool” and narrowing their own recruitment pool in the same fashion and Electus Matari simply never managed to draw in the militant and violent to their ranks, and thus never really became a contender either.

CVA/Provibloc, to their credit, vastly outperformed all their natural enemies and achieved what they set out to do, without quite resting on their laurels.

… and now that is coming to an end, thanks to the big boys of the outer regions coming to stomp on the region for fun and profit. That’s not how this should have ended. I can only hope CVA retakes Providence one day and that their proper enemies grow out of their lethargy and stagnation and contests it.

No, it’s not strange, Ixiris. It’s natural, once one gets past the kneejerk hostility towards ones enemies. There’s measures of respect and acknowledgment, and that wistful longing for the clash of ideologies rather than mere greed and bloodlust.

Rest in Piss, Provibloc. May you get off your knees and try again, one day.

4 Likes

Provi is the last nice thing in eve. Don’t let is fall…

1 Like

Electus Matari is an industrialist alliance, nobody here knows how to fight - Arkady Sadik

EM had it’s moments. I remember back in YC112 they could form a Maelstrom fleet capable of going toe to toe with any other force in Republic territory. I even remember that same Maelstrom fleet being titan bridged onto by HYDRA RELOADED and smacking them so hard they fled less than five minutes later.

That said, EM is, was, and likely always will be a Republic alliance. You know this as well as I do. They were never comparable to CVA due to their totally different focuses. Industry and infrastructure vs capturing and holding territory. It’s like saying the Rorqual was never really a contender compared to the Moros.

As for U’K… well. The less said the better really. The modern organisation is so far from its roots I prefer to think of them as different alliances. It’s the only way to leave the pride of the Bloody Fist unsullied.

1 Like

Valerie Valate

I am sure the Inquisition would be very interested to hear more.

Oh yes, I am very much intrigued
Would you care to join me in the interrogation room?
I do love a good witch hunt

Of course, you’re right in that they’re not comparable entities, and I didn’t mean to imply that they were. I was more pointing out the reasons why the ‘natural enemy’ of CVA never really materialized, and U’K and EM are pretty much the only two who could conceivably have ended up in that role at some point.

It’s a shame. Both had the potential, and now Providence is burning at the hands of entirely unrelated creatures, out of greed and bloodlust instead.

2 Likes

Vaari sounds like a Pandemic Legion implant. Why would he be stirring up dissent against his own Amarrian?

Lord Vaari. Plese know that occasionally I look back on the one very brief moment we shared–you recall it? There was a matchmaking attempt. It did not go well for us, alas. It was a very short moment but it will never cease to be one of my fondest reminisces.

A tear marks my cheek sometimes, when I think on that moment. But that tear is not the one I have now, because ALE MAID, haaaaa. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Do tell: What would suggest he should have done?

They’ve been burned out of Provi before. They’ll be back.

Even Pandemic Horde wouldn’t make use of a brain that damaged.

4 Likes

When was this?

Some time ago. You offered me to Jin’taan, I believe, and to advance his rank at the time to ■■■■?

1 Like

Vile heretics all. Only the pure and just will prevail.

Why would Vaari offer you to Jin’taan? It’s no secret that Jin’taan prefers his girls to be 2D.

3 Likes

Good thing it did not happen. Now you would be some hermit wench because of CVA and Jintaan own actions.

Well. That, and one’s own heart is affixed. But please know I wish you the best always. <3

1 Like

Actually, CVA won’t accept outside help, anyways. I suspect they are all Sansha, actually. Have you seen how many Sansha there are in that area?

I know for a fact they have been doing all of the things Lord Vaari has accused them of, and more, and PL is merely the instrument of God’s will. You cannot just protect evil PPoT people and expect the Lord not to be angry with you.

God’s vengeance is all consuming.

UK is an abomination and unworthy of being utilized in such a way.

The reason Amarr stands today and is unthreatened is because we honor and obey the rightful empress, and we do not allow infidels to become citizens. CVA was not following the example of Holy Amarr and therefore God will punish them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.