Dawn Of Liberation Event Feedback Thread

I like that you don’t have to move around. You can just stay in a quiet system and wait for the sites to spawn. Very nice.

3 Likes

Also, totally minor point, but…

You had to know this was in the planning stages. One of the drops from this event is a TLF recruitment poster. Why not get the community to produce it, so the TLF recruitment poster could have more than a white page graphic and some lines of slogans in the description?

Something to consider for the future.

2 Likes

Blockquote

Honestly, if this were a persistent thing, that could be even better. I mean, the Republic should be trying to do this all the time. Minmatar capsuleers (and anyone else taking missions from Matari agents) have been actively fighting slave-raids for over a decade.

Blockquote

There could be variations on this across all four empires. Gallente tourists and/or exotic dancers need rescuing, Amarr slavers/slaver hounds need to get inside Minmatar stations discretely, Caldari troops/spies need to infiltrate Gallente stations.

These ‘cattle’ have been accumulating in my hangers for nearly a decade, it’s time they be given proper homes.

3 Likes

Is there an Extended accelerator in the Gold container?

Well us Caldari are all about profit, so if you want us to make an extra effort in saving those whining slaves, better tell the CCPowers That Be to make it worth our while, like buy orders for the freed slaves and bonus points if we deliver them to the hauler instead of jettisoning them. I mean, free is free, right? Nobody said anything about where they need to go next.

3 Likes

Completely irrelevant and meaningless: Star Cakes are back. =) (at least in icon, if not in name)

1 Like

Mine was in the silver crate. Not reached gold yet.

Typical Caldari response.

Hi All
Yea there is nev event I will try. I read this is transport event we must transport slaves.
I open the agency and click Dawn of Liberation event Windows, but nothing is to click o it.
So I pickup ity5 and jump 22 sec to ammar space, maybe there will be something in agency windows.
Then again open agency click event window and still f…g nothing.
Why there is no connection between event and this sites? (if I click event they should blinking All sites connected to this event)
Why the f…g there is no info about the specific of this event?
They should be info In agency on this event Windows:

1. YOU MUST HAVE A COMBAT SHIP, THEY WILL SHOOT YOU!!!
  2. YOU MUST FIND SITES
  3. YOU MUST HAVE HACK SKILL AND EQUIPMENT
  4. ETC….

Comon CCP lern……………
You will not gather more players by this actions
You got prety flashy sites about this event but nothing specific on it, no useful information

4 Likes

I’d agree with most of your comments but I don’t think this event is meant to be profitable. Rather it’s tied into the lore. You get to try something different in terms of game mechanics and are rewarded with some unusual loot but it’s not intended to be a farmable ISK maker (at least, I hope not!) which is why it gets tedious over time.

As others have pointed out, from a backstory perspective this should really be an ongoing activity rather than a “one off” so this event should ideally serve as a beta test of this content which CCP should use to improve future iterations. Then they can make these sites require probing to locate, have them spawn randomly in Amarr space a few times every day, populate them with tougher NPCs and provide better loot (ISK wise) to reward the additional effort required to complete them.

EDIT 1: There are indeed too many slaves in too many containers at each site and it takes too long for spawns to appear, which makes the event mostly repetitive hacking with a little trivial NPC ratting. Both the hacking and the spawns should get significantly more difficult with each success to convey a feeling of progress but also challenge. A sliding scale of increasing difficulty would allow the easier hacks/spawns to be completed in a frigate/cruiser/bs by a solo player (equivalent to lvl 1-4 missions) while the hardest require teamwork including logistics and EW, making them similar to lvl 5 missions, Anomic Burners and Incursions.

EDIT 2: As my feedback seems overly negative I’d like to add that I commend CCP for trying to provide more solo PvE content tied to the in-game lore via Events such as this and I recognise that getting them right requires “trial and error”. However, please consider making more PvE content for small gangs (i.e. 2-6 people) rather than just solo content as this is an MMO after all so players should be encouraged to co-operate rather than just either ignoring or competing with each other. (Lvl 5s and Incursions are examples of this but we need more!")

EDIT 3: I just thought of something that will help with the excess slaves. Instead of requiring the transport to be full before it warps away, specify a MINIMUM number of freed slaves to place in it’s cargo, so that players can add 400 OR MORE slaves, upto the size of the cargo bay. The transport would still warp once 400 have been added but a player can add a stack of 400-4000 depending on the transport. Something like this or alternatively having every successful hack trigger a spawn should ensure players don’t accumulate lots of extra slaves.

8 Likes

There should be one with 5 days +10 in there. But +12 only drop from BS and are extremely rare.

After 1690 points and 22 hours still only two of the +12.

I’d say it’s only worth doing up to 800 points for the extra rewards, but everything thereafter is a joyless grind.

3 Likes

Yikes.

I know there have been some loot table tweaks a couple of days into the past events. Lore or no, that’s simply not enough to spend the time away from doing other more enjoyable and less clicky things…

1 Like

Do you need to keep hacking the cans to trigger spawns? Of will they appear anyway? Would be nice if there was the occasional valuable drop in the cans too. Didn’t get Hacking V for nothing.

1 Like

Each successful hack can trigger a spawn. Doesn’t have to, but that’s the trigger. Best you ask for details in-game in the Event chat. There people will tell you anything you need to know.

My experience is that you need to successfully hack a can to get a spawn. Each site can produce up to two spawns (that I’ve seen, anyway). Not every can will produce a spawn.

That means that there is a whoooooooole lot of hacking for not a lot of payoff.

Don’t get me wrong, I love that the hacking element was added to the event- it adds some great texture to the sites and makes for some interesting competition dynamics (and plenty of rage at times), but the amount of hacking to fighting/loot seems unbalanced to me.

4 Likes

So where are these events? I checked in the agency and apparently there’s none in metro? Are they only in Amarr space (the event page leads me to believe that). What ship is required/preferred? I’m not looking forward to 20+ jumps, to find out I needed a different ship…

1 Like

Yes, only in Amarr space, so Dotlan is your friend. I’m using a HAM Tengu which works very well.

1 Like

Personally, I do rescue them all. Put the 400 in the hauler, take the rest with me. I’m using three ships and only have to dump every couple of hours or so. People selling the freed slaves on the market aren’t necessarily selling them back into slavery, tho… maybe they’re selling them to people who will take them back to Minmatar space? :::hopeful look::: :wink:

Your post is like a pro-Minmatar antidote to this horrible and yet awesome pro-Amarr heavy roleplay I saw in Ashab local the day the event began:

“[07:05:21] Orion Brandihil > DO NOT LIBERATE THE SLAVES! It’s cruelty!
It’s heinous evil to remove their chains! To try and pry these poor people from the path of salvation is wicked and morally corrupt!
Don’t do it! All those poor slave’s children’s children’s children’s children’s children’s children’s children will never be spiritually free!”

3 Likes

I am going to shell out 390+390 plex for a pair of the Vargur Chainbreakers… they are… GORGEOUS.

And I’m okay with CCP selling a few limited edition skins in the NES while tons of skins (but not the same ones) drop in an event… I do wish the event skins were a bit less ketchup and mustard. the yellow and red are just so bold and featureless… too solid, no shading… just… garish, I guess. Whereas the Chainbreaker skins have a darker red, a more golden yellow, better shading, etc. etc… and ofc the striping effects and the holographics on top of all that.

I think the base skins from the event could have had the same red/gold-yellow from the Chainbreakers, just leave off the specific striping patterns and ofc no holographics. People would STILL spend plex in the store for the super-shiny skins (my 4 Vargurs demand them now now now! … hang on while I spend 2+ bil on all that plex first, kthxplz, crazy ships…).

I’d totally be okay with CCP replacing Resource Wars with something like this for all 4 empires that lasts longer than a 2 week event. A sort of lore-themed type of PVE with a NPC hauler to dump into… whether it be ore, freed slaves, whatever… with a mix of combat and hacking like this, or combat and mining like RW, or whatever else.

If you watch your agency window closely, you’ll note that the 0 point task is immediately replaced upon warping in to the site with a 10 point task for filling up the hauler. Why they had to do it that way for that one task, I do not know exactly, but I’m assuming it was a programmatic decision.

The 2nd task has a timer of like 10 to 20 minutes on it, IIRC, so that’s gotta be part of it, they can’t just have that clock running in the background in your agency window 24/7 whether you’re doing the event or not, and it wouldn’t be lined up with when you start the sites unless they had the feeder 0 point task to lead into it, I think.

2 Likes

I can only commend your methods. I try to liberate every slave I can, but I only have one ship to fly at once, these past two days, so sadly I have to leave a lot behind, but I keep hitting the slave pens each time they move the compromised ones, prioritizing getting the families reunited.
But it’s a nice change, for once, to hear someone is taking our cause seriously. You have my upmost gratitude.

Hit me up with a mail if you want to fleet up about anything. We can never have too many Allies in the fight against these Slavers!

That Orion guy just made it on my slaver list.

4 Likes