Dawn Of Liberation Event Feedback Thread

Definitely the best event so far.

Maybe the next event would include having to repair a station within a certain amount of time while fighting off NPC’s who have come to destroy the station and the players as well. After a few minutes the station would launch an escape ship full of station personnel that you have to provide a lot of capacitor too in order for the ship to escape. If the ship escapes then the focus returns to repairing the station.

4 Likes

My carpal tunnel disagrees with you…
The best event thus far (at least this year) was The Guristas Easter Bunny Hunt.

2 Likes

If you want PvP kills go into Low or Null space. Being disappointed about not getting kills in an event site is down right awful.

1 Like

I never said I was disappointed (was just commenting that I only got one kill by chance). I can think of more entertaining things than being ganked in low-sec. Getting kills in high-sec event sites is just icing on the cake for great events (I would describe this as an average-good event).

2 Likes

I haven’t seen much can flipping either. Its pretty stupid to flip a can with four or five others in the site. Although it is possible.

1 Like

how are amarr supposed to participate in this event.
why dont you make two methods to complete the site, free the slave or kill a minmatar wave trying to destroy the friendly bestower.

there should be a lore friendly way for amarr to complete this and ensure the continued slavery of the minmatar. its an affront to our rich and proud heritage.

because of that i have to rank this 0/10 because i have to boycott this event out of respect for the empire.

1 Like

:hushed:

Skill Injectors???

:frowning:

Well, Lady Luck definitely wasn’t riding with me on this Event. I finished the event with 810 points. For some reason I got a ton of Boosters and I don’t even use them. Guess I can continue running these sites and hopefully get a better collection of Event loot.

What I’d like to know is why so stingy with the Fireworks? I mean come on man, this is the Dawn Of Liberation, a ton of those Fireworks should drop just like in the other events. Also what’s up with just getting Male & Female ‘Liberator’ caps without the rest of the ‘Liberator’ Apparel? Would have been nice to get a full set of both Male & Female ‘Liberator’ outfits in the reward crates.

Anyway, here’s my loot collection after reaching 810 points, minus one Improved ‘Conditioning’ Cerebral Accelerator which was consumed earlier, timer is still active on that.

2 Likes

Sorry, accelerators (skill injectors would’ve been nice!)

1 Like

It’s a shame that after reaching 800 points, the only point of hacking the cans becomes triggering the spawns. Would be nice if there were more rewards in the cans, or if the BS would spawn more often/quickly. And that’s even though I can hack them in 10-15 seconds. It’s getting tedious.

2 Likes

Yeah, completed the event before downtime. Now I’m looking for systems with competition, to get the hacking job done faster, but there are still not many people running the site. Even 2j out of Amarr I would be mostly uncontested if I would fill the hauler on warp-in (what I’m not doing for the reason above).

They are Unsanctioned sites. Rogue slavers disavowed and considered criminals by the Empire. Amarr can participate in a lore-friendly way like any other, though Amarr characters may be wary of working alongside the Republic and could consider refusing to give the rescued people to the haulers (which isn’t absolutely required to earn points in the event).

“The Empire signed several treaties that prevented it from taking slaves from other nations, though it was not barred from enslaving criminals and POWs. Illegal slavers continued to operate in the Empire, often with the authorities turning a blind eye. Imperial authorities eventually began to crack down on these slavers, however, under the direction of Emperor Heideran VII.”
-EVElopedia article on Slavery

“This rather euphemistically named facility is in reality a prison used by “unsanctioned” slavers to hold the slaves they have seized ready for work in labor camps, or transport on to other facilities or buyers. The Amarr Empire officially disavows such facilities, noting that without the sanction of a named Amarr Holder such slave barracks and attached labor camps are “beyond the law”.”
-In-game description of the event facilities

Now, all that being said, it would absolutely be nice if CCP stopped doing completely one-sided events. There should be options to support multiple sides in these, like helping the pirates in pirate events, or having the Republic go after actual legitimate slavery facilities (rather than these rogue ones) that Amarr players can defend.

6 Likes

plz yes

want pewpews

ebil marys must die

You do realize that the sites are either ‘unsanctioned’ labor sites or Angel Cartel sites, right? That the Amarr Empire holds both the Cartel and any ‘unsanctioned’ sites to be illegal, as only Holders have the legal authority to own, buy, or sell slaves? And that going and raiding to enslave free peoples is also currently illegal under Imperial Law?

The fact that hundreds of ships of the Imperial Navy conduct illegal raids every day doesn’t change the fact that they’re illegal. Or that quite a few Amarr loyalists are using this event as an excuse to tell the Minmatar loyalists ‘see? We oppose illegal slavery, too, so back off about the legal stuff!’

(In other words, Samira’s right again. As usual. >.> )

3 Likes

could we have some stats after the end of the event, how many slaves were released from cages during this event? (:

2 Likes

Why so few fireworks?
I get them so infrequently I don’t even remember what they come from.

2 Likes

The loot drop is tough and all I’m hoping for is that the SKINs will eventually pay off.

6 of the +12 accelerators have already been used, which makes 10 in total so far.

A couple of tips for those interested… People often tell you to use Amarr drones for the EM damage. However, it’s best to use Gallente drones, because they do more damage. To win a wreck does one need to make the final shot, which means one has to focus the damage on the hull. There the damage types don’t matter so much and the amount of damage matters more.
Gallente drones also make enough damage to equalize the difference in armor resistances of the Slaver ships.
Filling a hauler with 400 Freed Slaves will make the beacon disappear. Here players believe they now have a site to themselves.
However, the beacon of a site can be bookmarked and it allows one to warp into a site even when the beacon has disappeared (i.e. when one is still in an old site or has docked up for a second). This lets one run more sites and allows to compete with others more often. Of course, a combat scanners works, too.

3 Likes

if the skins for this event are any thing like the ones from past events ya you can’t give them away to get rid of them

These are even worse by dint of being hideous.

I agree, they should be dropping like mad instead of a bunch of worthless Metal Scraps.

2 Likes

Released from cage to be sold on the market. Slave trading used to be a dead business, now volume is soaring. I guess it is a fundamental principle of the cluster.

The Amarr screw it up, the Minmatar make it worse. :wink:

1 Like