Dawn Of Liberation Event Feedback Thread

Just store them and put them up for sale in a couple of months. The price always goes up in the long run.

Ill take a Loki skin please sir. Contract it to me for fair price and I will accept as soon as I can.

1 Like

I’m sorry - I’ve read through half of the posts in this thread but my kids are acting up so I’ll ask quickly -

What types of ships are you all finding allow you to grind these out with relative ease and speed? I can pretty much fly anything, but am a long way away from Amarr space and would prefer not to make the trek twice. Is an armor-tanked mach with MWD overkill? Gila? Curious what the spawns consist of. I’m guessing a T3 destroyer won’t cut it like I used for the Drone event back in winter?

I don’t need full fits - just recommendation on ships you’ve been using and what role you fit them for. (Speed, tank, cargo, etc.)

Thanks!

1 Like

Fit an MWD since you’ll be moving around in the sites a bit. Data Analyzer for the hacks, they’re all the easiest level so you don’t need bonused hulls. Mediocre tank should suffice, the rats very rarely swarm enough to be any kind of problem before you’ve popped them all.

Cargo space is a must. Each can drops roughly 100m3 of Freed Slaves (bit more, bit less, randomly) and the hauler in the site requires 400 of them to finish.

So just go with something fast, good application on frigate rats but enough dps to break a battleship rat, analyzer and large cargo. I personally used a Loki, but you do you.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the direct, fantastic advice. Much appreciated.

2 Likes

I am starting to get this feeling we are not meant to eat +12s all month like the other events.

Also the only place I have noticed fireworks dropping is the hauler most of us probably aren’t killing.

2 Likes

Couple of follow-ups on these sites.

• What damage are the rats dealing? Even with an active EM Ward mod running, the BS spawn chewed through a lot of my Gila’s buffer tank.
  • I thought I saw a light blue hauler on my overview, but it’s no longer visible on the overview or in space. Is there a timer? I haven’t loaded any slaves, and no one else as come in the site… ?
  • What’s the recommended damage type? I’m using EM because Amarr space, but I could be wrong?

Thanks!

1 Like

There is both a timer, and a 400 Freed Slaves trigger.

As for damage types, I merely assumed EM/Them as usual for Amarr Laser Rats, both in damage done and tank weakness, but I didn’t really test much as I omnitanked.

Mine rarely go below 86% I use an adaptive invuln field, an EM ward amplifier, and a shield power relay. My skills are at V for shield related skills.

1 Like

This blog may help:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info - that would explain why I couldn’t find the hauler. Couple more follow-ups - what can I add in Overview Settings to make sure the hauler shows up? Is there some form of penalty or reward one misses out on if they don’t load the hauler in time?

The overview thing I don’t know. It shows up by default on most of Z-S Overview presets. There are no penalties for not filling the hauler, but the Agency ‘missions’ include finishing the site in that manner, just watch your event objectives for if you need to fill it up.

If it’s there, it’ll always be at the center of the site, where you warp in.

1 Like

I ran a blaster Talos for the event, and it works out with killing the battleship pretty easily with antimatter (running T1 modal neutrons). Works very well with holding enough ammo for a few sites and holding the freed slaves and loot (keep 400m3 of the slaves on hand and throw them into the liberator as soon as you get into the site, it’ll close the site off to anyone who didn’t bookmark it or isn’t there already, or anyone who’s trying to scan them down (why?). 50MN mwd gets me around the site quick and lets me put transversal on the frigates if there’s too many. Acolytes slowly deal with the frigates, blasters rip through the cruisers, hauler, and battleship. Ammo is cheap to buy, pop open the battleships and you’ll get your work’s worth back by a magnitude. Tank isn’t great, but I warp out, repair at some citadel and warp back in to finish the site. Got several thousand liberated units sitting in a citadel with nowhere to go now. :confused:

3 Likes

Drop rates on accelerators seem to be tanking. Havent seen a +12 in over 3 days. I spent hours getting accelerators yesterday and got 12 +6s and 1 +10, even the 10s aren’t dropping anymore much.

I appreciate CCP “tweaking” drop rates, but setting it to impossible is a whole different reality.

You can also get a battleship spawn no matter how many haulers you get and those don’t seem to have a limitation either other than time.

2 Likes

From my experience over the last week, the drop rates look stable.

1 Like

Based on my experiences, I think the drops are stable. The issue is that the sites can take longer, require a lot of hacking, and this affects the “flow” of farming.

For example, the other day, I was getting the BS spawn on the third or fourth can on almost all my sites. This meant that I could run a lot more and was also getting good drops. Last night, I wasn’t getting the spawn until the seventh or eighth can on each one that I ran and my drops were pretty lousy. So, more time on each site plus bad drops can definitely make it seem like a nerf.

So, I suspect this is more of a perception issue than a change to the loot table. However, I do hope that this is something that the devs consider for the next event. While I like the event in general terms, it’s pretty easy to get into a “lots of work, minimal return” mode, get burnt out, and stop running them.

2 Likes

Agree, it’s definitely too much hacking/clicking if you have to complete them solo. I also had 2 sites yesterday without a BS spawn at all.

2 Likes

They definitely messed with the loot tables. I went from getting 1 Advanced the first 2-3 days of grinding sites… to getting 6 Advanceds this week in just 2 days of grinding sites.

Using triple Ishtars myself. I’ve seen a few Gilas doing the sites, but not a ton, yeah.

And the bronze container had a random chance for basic/improved… I got 2 basics and 1 improved between my 3 toons. So yeah, the extended is ONLY from the silver gift crate… and the advanceds are ONLY from the event site BS boss wrecks. Interesting mix. Glad the advanceds are dropping more often now, too.

1 Like

Lets see where to start.

SKINS: I run in potato mode so IMHO, SKINS are pah. I’m don’t have minmatar ships so, pah. Until I saw a youtuber show them off. Theses SKIN are amazing work, from a design point of view. Personal choices of colour scheme aside. But the way the signs and logos hang in the air is spectacular. Well done CCP. You have added more bling to minmatar ships, which TBH kinda needed it. Kinda reminds me of Space marine banners, and loin clothes.

The site: I think everyone did this. 1. found the site left and fit a data scanner. 2. returned and had to fit a had to fit a data scanner after landing on the site. And most were confused as to where the sites were. When I fitted a disrupter, to stop things running away, my armor tank failed. So I had to speed tank instead, which in a Stratios was lots of fun.

Accelerators were dropping less frequently compared to other events. Also, the boasters were dropping less than previous events.

The freed freedom slaves; It’s a shame the slaves were being left in cans adrift at sites. People not knowing the value of hanging on to them and liberating them en masse at the next site. Very poor taste I think. Perhaps there should be NPC buy orders to help these guys get home.

Overall I enjoyed the sites, which reminded me of resource wars. If only they used the same onscreen timers and cargo graphics. Then perhaps these visual cues would have made the sites more enjoyable. Congratulations all round.

I wanted to hate this one and love the next, but I probably… will rely on the loot fairy

1 Like

I suppose it wouldn’t make sense for slaver ships to be carrying them but I have no idea why each and every one of the Event reward boxes doesn’t include fireworks. That’s an obvious oversight.

1 Like