Dawn Of Liberation Event Feedback Thread

The action creates the question of what to do with freed slaves. Many players simply throw them into space (killing). Others sell them in Amarr. Into slavery! This contradicts the very idea of the action. The “release” buttons (for free) are just NO! The developers made the participants in the game aiding the genocide or re-selling slaves into slavery. It’s a shame

Акция создает вопрос что делать с освобожденными рабами. Многие игроки просто выкидывают их в космос (убивая). Другие продают их в Amarr. В рабство! Это противоречит самой идее акции. Кнопки “освободить” (бесплатно) просто НЕТ! Разработчики сделали участников игры пособниками геноцида или повтороной продажи рабов в рабство. Обидно.

3 Likes

Having finally reached it myself, the arbitrary 800 point limit for rewards seems unnecessary and also inappropriate from a lore standpoint. Does this mean the RJD no longer requires your services even though the event is still running and there are millions of slaves still to be freed?

Suggestion: Why not have LP store style rewards instead? Freeing slaves and killing slavers ships earns you LP which you exchange for fireworks/skins/boosters/accelerators or whatever else CCP wants to stock the store with. This way players can continue to participate for as long as the event is running and also exercise some choice over their rewards. The LP store can also be reused for later events.

The expiry date on the Cerebral Accelerators also seems just a bit too early? The event ends on Jul 24 but the CAs expire only 2 weeks later. Assuming Biology 5 this means players have 14 days after the event in which to use 7 CAs. It’s easy to accumulate this many just from the event and there are also plenty on sale in the regional markets.

Obviously, CCP doesn’t want to flood the game with accelerators but I think an extra week would’ve given players sufficient time to use their rewards before they expire as not everyone can log in daily to manage their assets and skill training.

7 Likes

This is an excellent idea. An Agency LP store.

5 Likes

A BIG +1 to this. Those of us who run a lot of these would really love to have something else to show for the extra sites we run. I appreciate the Agency rewards, but the idea of some kind of LP system is even better.

For this event, I’m at about 2100 points and have around 8000 slaves chilling in my hangar. I’d really like to be able to do something with them since I’m going broke paying for all of the Quafe they’re drinking (and I think they are becoming a bad influence on my drones, who I caught shooting dice in the hangar the other day). :rofl:

4 Likes

Now that you mention it, the freed slaves could serve a similar role to dog tags and the lore items which dropped could be pre-requisites for LP store rewards, giving all the event items some utility/value.

3 Likes
    1. Build LP into the Events
    1. Don’t build LP into the Events
0 voters
4 Likes

I don’t get how I they are “freed slaves” but still have a value associated to them.

everything has a value, to someone.

2 Likes

Dead pirates and overseer effects have a value to Concord, so I could imagine an entity in New Eden providing reimbursement for the freeing of slaves.

I’m not a lore person, but I could imagine ways that mechanic could be made to work.

3 Likes

They probably still have mortgages to pay off. A bank won’t stop charging your money just because you’ve accidentally became a slave to someone (i.e. wife). So now these freed slaves still have a value even if it’s just for paying off interest rates.

1 Like

Nice event. I never jetisoned so many people into space before.

Crew: The hauler is gone and we don’t have room for more people on deck, what should we do?
Capsuleer: We are getting paid per freed slave, get them out of those human containment facilities and push them through the airlock into space.

4 Likes

For the past couple of days I’ve been getting some rather large Battle groups spawning, between 15 to 20 NPC’s. I’m talking Battleship, Bestower, Cruisers and Frigates all at the same time.

Course I jump on the Battleship first followed by the Bestower, then knock out most of the Frigates before jumping on the Cruisers. Most of the time I can take em all out but every once in a while the last few left on the field will warp out.

Also I’ve been getting some better loot drops (Cerebral Accelerators), still not impressive but definitely better than when I was working on gaining Agency points. Still seems like the Fireworks rarely drop which should be just the opposite.

3 Likes

Out of 4150 points so far i have overall gotten a total of 8 advanced accelerators.

I really don’t know if that’s good or not.

1 Like

That’s good! The advanced are super rare, I’m running almost daily a couple hours and got 2 in total so far.

I think they might be overreacting to one of the last events where we were getting thousands of m3 of citadel fireworks dropped at each site. I recall there was a lot of griping about that, but these are totally different animals.

I’ve gotten more of the large spawns you mention as well. I’ve also had a run of sites where I hack all the cans, get a BS spawn on the last can, and get nothing but a tier 1 Agency booster. That feels pretty frustrating.

For events in general, I’d say that’s downright depressing. For this event, I’d say you’re doing pretty well. That’s about the rate that I’ve been getting them.

1 Like

The biggest challenge of this event is getting your loot from Amarr space past the gankers in Madirmilire and Niarja to The Forge…

Yeah, I’ve had a few like that as well.

As for the Fireworks, seems they only drop from the Bestower.

So lately what I’ve been doing is stay in the site until I’ve had both the Bestower group and the Battleship group spawn.

1 Like

At this point, I’m only hanging around for the BS. If the Bestower pops up at some point, that’s fine and I’m happy to harvest other ships for the random booster that they drop.

But, and this might be bad luck on my part, but for the past few days, the BS is usually spawning for me on the last couple of cans instead of the first few. The thing that’s bugging me is that this means a TON more clicking and time in each site, and then to get a poor drop…that’s not cool.

I do want to reiterate that I generally really DO like the concept and structure of this event. I have a lot of quibbles with the details, but I do give the devs a lot of props for mixing things up on this one.

1 Like

Nice event. Made 2780 points and I think I´m done now. Good idea to incorporate hacking, although it was a bit too much with 9 cans per site. Gets tedious after a while

and this is a bit silly: 44 accelerators collected. 1 pack of fireworks :smiley:

2 Likes

No change has been made to drop rates since the event started.

2 Likes