Dawn Of Liberation Event Feedback Thread

The ones you encounter are “confiscated” however hindsight, I kind of agree more of the crates should have had them so you could guarantee a certain number based on your completion of the milestone rewards.

2 Likes

Only the BS holds accelerators, but the red haulers can contain fireworks, too.

I’m now at 2,200 fireworks and 7,310 points.

1 Like

did 1-2 sites but i sware i didnt put any slaves in the freedom ship.

just killed some npcs and hacked cans.

got 1 advanced and 1 regular accelerator i cant use cause im alpha atm but drop rates seem reliable at 2 for 2. also got a breacher skin and rifter skin.

but good god! those are the ugliest skins in eve history. mustard yellow everywhere. just like the repainted mining barges.
@ccp_dragon you guys seriously need to get someone new doing skins. the bs ones arent bad with the holographic emblems but 0 effort went into the lower ship skins. theyre just plastered with the most putrid shade of mustard yellow. just through krusal skins in there and make a krusal skin for every minmatar ship.

1 Like

Really liked this event and wish it was ongoing. It would be cool if an Amarr event was going on at the same time that was trying to prevent theliberation from happening.

2 Likes

Same here - including a couple of occasions where the BS warps off before dying (except it still stays on grid)

2 Likes

@CCP_Dragon

I just wanted to thank you for chiming in and reading through this thread. It’s always nice to know that we aren’t just speaking to ourselves :slight_smile:

I would like to reiterate a couple of things that I’m sure you came across in the thread.

FIrst, you and the team did a good job on this one. I like that you guys are trying different things, mixing mechanics, pushing people to try different ships, and generally shaking things up from previous events.

Second, although there are some details that I was not thrilled with (lots of clicking, seeming feast-or-famine drop rates, and some other things), I hope I expressed those thoughts in a constructive rather than whiny manner. We definitely want to help you guys keep doing what you do to make events better. I’ve noticed a trend over the past few where you guys have been trying different things and working on balancing things. That’s awesome. Hopefully our comments here support that goal.

Thanks again for the event and your participation here.

5 Likes

Only if it’s also sponsored by Gorilla Glue.

Time limit was likely up. Had this happen yesterday. Apparently somebody else started the timer, and just as I started firing on the BS, the hauler left and with it the reds warped out. The BS got stuck in pre-warp, but this is a minor bug.

1 Like

Howcome? None of the rewards take up much space so you can use an interceptor, covops or even a properly fit T12 frigate…

I think the only items that take up a lot of space are the freed slaves. I’d love to see a CODE gankmail with a freighter full of those!

FIrst, you and the team did a good job on this one. I like that you guys are trying different things, mixing mechanics, pushing people to try different ships, and generally shaking things up from previous events.

Seconded.

Overall I think it was a success as most players who participated seem to have enjoyed it. It would be great if CCP can take the lessons learned from this and previous events and use them to be even more ambitious going forwards. I’m still waiting for another EvE expansion as mind-blowing as Apocrypha, but I’m a bit more optimistic now! :smiley:

4 Likes

Dunno about you, but even in an instawarp frigate I’m rather nervous with a billion in the cargohold going past those gates.

Lol true but that’s part of the thrill of the game!

Ok, sounds right, thanks

if i hack one more site i will throw myself out of the window
otherwise nice event
good the drop rates arent so high

2 Likes

I noticed the past couple of days the fireworks started dropping more.

I now have 1500 of them \o/

1 Like

Thematically, makes sense to have every station behind a lock. Gameplay-wise, not so much. Which is why you usually only required a few before you could complete the site. I’m surprised by the number of people dropping the Freed Slaves rather than taking them to the next site, effectively getting a headstart in the next site. Oh well.

Always the case with drop rates. Especially with disproportionate value between the different rewards.

4 Likes

Still no change to the drop rates. RNG is Random.

2 Likes

Did you still get the battleship?

I’m still trying to figure out the system on this one but I think we’ll be able to set it up so that if an NPC is engaged in combat it will not warp, even though the timer was completed. It will just wait until it gets out of combat and then it will clean up with the rest of the site.

3 Likes

I rated this one as …well meh

It was kind of novel getting a Stratios out that I have had sitting around for…well likely years, ran it on this guy with Hacking one to figure out the process.

There was a little bit of a puzzle while I figured out the process, which is …well rare…

The stratios had just barely the cargo to haul a MTU, 400 slaves a few pastes and a 10 or so sites worth of loot. So leave a site with 400 slaves warp to the next site, fill the hauler to get myself off overview, drop the MTU, hack the things…

Then HOLY. CLICK. HELL. between the inventory management (remember exactly 400 slaves, the rest stay in their holes) and hacking all of the things… Why nothing of use in the containers? Just the slaves, and a lot of sites were a lot more work than the loot justified. Hence me only bothering to try on two characters…just way to much clicking, 9 cans per site and at best two spawns with inconsistant reward.

Way to grindy, and I didn’t even get the skin I wanted much less the accelerators for all of my accounts, that idea got scrapped before the first few sites were completed once I had figured out an optimal method to tear through them at max (slow) speed.

Nope. The moment, the warp is initiated (by timer or blue hauler leaving) I lose the lock and the target is invulnerable. I did’t try warp disrupting. I lost lock while shooting at the BS.

1 Like