Dawn of Liberation event - standing with Amarr diminished?

Well in that case good luck…and I mean it this time. I am betting all you will really run in to are gilas like every other combat event.

I doubt it. Judging by Shipwreck Jones’ blog does it seem that it won’t be easy without a dedicated hacking ship, and anyone running in there with just the Gila and a Data Analyzer will likely not get it all hacked. The Stratios as well as T3s will most likely dominate here.

I thought about using the Nestor first, but then it’s again the issue with the looting. When one isn’t right on top of the wreck, and somebody else is, then it gets stolen frequently. And this event looks like there will be a lot of theft, which is always good fun.

1 Like

I’m thinking the same thing.

As for dealing with competition, Amarr high sec is very large so that shouldn’t be a problem, especially in systems far away from Mission / Trade hubs.

1 Like

I ran it with a Gila on the test server using a data analyzer II and was able to successfully complete all the hacks. This was done in high sec though so difficulty maybe harder in Null. I used a buffer fit gila with about 70k EHP and 840 DPS and had zero issues. I will say an MWD would feel better vs the AB getting to the separate cans to hack but thats just me. This fit will allow you to use either and will work.

This is the fit I used.

[Gila, Gila]
Damage Control II
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System
C3-X ‘Hivaa Saitsuo’ Ballistic Control System

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Pith X-Type EM Ward Field
Data Analyzer II
Pith X-Type Thermal Dissipation Field
Corelum C-Type 10MN Afterburner
Republic Fleet Large Shield Extender

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II

Medium Core Defense Field Extender II

‘Augmented’ Hammerhead x4
Hammerhead II x6

Inferno Fury Light Missile x1660

2 Likes

The issue with this event is that you can get around 800-900 slaves but the NPC hauler only takes 400, going to be plenty of trolling as you can dump 400 slaves into the hauler of a fresh site

2 Likes

Hello, where did you find the screen shot of the agency quests? I’ve been on sisi and never seen it on the test server

1 Like

Are the slaves worth anything?

2 Likes

Don’t know, probably part of the agency point rewards. I’m currently testing. Highsec hacking is piece of cake.

Is there a relationship to spawns/loot to when/whether you fill the blue hauler?

What’s up with the red hauler?

Damage to deal is EM, correct?

EDIT: Accelerator drops are scarce again it looks like … got one “basic” with 5 sites from BS. Do others drop accelerators?

1 Like

I believe only the BS drop the cerbeals the other rats drop boosters. I think the red hauler is just a rat who contains some slaves

1 Like

It was there a couple of days ago. Don’t know if it still is though, as I’ve seen stuff like that show up and disappear before.

1 Like

I think there should be consequences of this event. The best savior of slaves should get bounty on his/her head from Amarr empire, and a medal from Minmatar Republic.

Quick, to the Gilas!

If this ends up being another Gila event I’m going to literally puke. I’m so sick of seeing stupid op Gilas everywhere. Time to nerf the Guristas line (Worm and Rattlesnake included) and nerf it hard.

1 Like

If one can believe the data then these ship have identical resist profiles for shield and armor: 0% EM, 20% Therm, 50% Kin, 60% Explosive.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see this change when it hits Tranquility though. Or perhaps HoboLeaks has a bug and reports the same values for armor by mistake. I’ve double-checked it with ESI and it’s the same there, too.

I don’t personally think that Gila will run, pretty bad for hacking … And instead of always buffing, boost some other ship for main faction, that will be nice for instance.

1 Like

The difference between the Gila and the Stratios in terms of hacking is only a +10 in Virus Strength from the Stratios’ role bonus. Anyone who can fit a Data Analyzer II onto a Gila will have Hacking 5 and enough Virus Strength to compete with someone who has a Stratios with only a Data Analyzer I and Hacking 4.

Update…

Finished the event on the first day in 11 hours (850 points) using a Stratios:

[Stratios, Stratios, event]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Corelum C-Type Energized EM Membrane
Corelum C-Type Energized Thermal Membrane
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

10MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Medium Cap Battery II
Data Analyzer I
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Medium Nanobot Accelerator I
Medium Drone Speed Augmentor I
Medium Memetic Algorithm Bank I

Ogre II x4

Tracking Speed Script x1
Void M x2320

A Mobile Tractor Unit helps with the loot, but will get shot by some of the players.

Like Whitehound, I finished the event in a Stratios.
I was pleased to get a Leopard BPC, but I really wanted to get more accelerators. A LOT more of the accelerators.

I would like to try to farm the NPCs for accelerators. Battleships dropped them twice for me.

Has anyone found a reliable way to “trigger” the NPCs to spawn? They seemed to appear about every 4th can I opened. This was in lowsec. I would like to be able to trigger them more quickly.

1 Like

A newbie complained in corp chat that he couldn’t run the event and got blown up. Gave him a heron that was fitted for data site hacking and we teamed up. When one wave of NPC ships was going to die the next one was about to get triggered. I was nonstop shooting, he was nonstop hacking and we both were happy about the returns.

Our newbies with some skillpoints in medium weapon systems and drones run the events in Gnosis ships, works quite well too.

1 Like

Hack faster. Use competition (in highsec).

1 Like

Suggestion.
It seems that a lot of people have been able to get to 800 points and claim the highest reward fairly quickly. You can continue doing the sites and it will continue giving you more points (say if you are in a site helping someone else).

Maybe they should add an extra award level in for future events. Maybe a “Platinum” Award level at 1,600 points with something “shiny” (that isn’t a piece of useless clothing or yet another booster).

Also - there should be some kind of bonus when the event ends, for the number of “Freed Slaves” people have collected. Some have collected thousand and thousands of them.

Maybe some kind of reward (i.e. Faction Ammo) for every 100 freed slaves ? Or some shiny Faction module for every 1,000 slaves ? Maybe a faction ship for every 10,000 ?

Otherwise all those poor Freed Slaves could end up starving to death in hangars all across Eden. Or get sold back to Amarr slavers. :open_mouth:
Or they could get put into cans along with some very, very hungry Slaver Hounds. Say, 5 Hounds in a can with 1 Freed Slave ? That oughta keep them fed and happy for awhile. :smiling_imp:

What about a title like “Liberator of the Enslaved”. I am sure some Amarrian pilots would like these, even more so when you can’t delete the title :slight_smile:

1 Like