DCTDN an ordinary player and CSM

DCTDN, a player who started playing EVE in January 2022. At first, I came to this universe because of the EVE and Doctor Who collaboration event, and then I found that this universe was the one that could best accommodate my universe, so I have lived here ever since. And in this cold universe, I found a place where I belong: CACX.

In my corporation, I am mainly responsible for liaising with newcomers entering EVE, guiding them to meet other newcomers, and helping them stay. So I spend a lot of time interacting with newcomers. After they graduate and encounter more game content, they also come to me to ask about game production-related matters. They also often complain to me about problems they encounter in the game, and I try my best to solve them for them.

On Factional Warfare
As one of the main activity areas of my corporation and the growth pool for our newcomers, I can really feel some problems. At present, the main issues are:
[Freeloaders/Leechers] The penalty for attacking members of the same militia is too high to bear, forcing newcomers either to lose more than half of their income or to lose standings and be kicked out of the militia.
[Income] The income from the militia does not look that high now, but we do not want to give up the militia area, because after testing, this is the gameplay that can retain new players for the longest time, rather than farming anomalies in nullsec with nothing to do but watch videos and eventually go AFK.

HUD
This is an interesting change. We discussed it and concluded that it benefits new players, but how to make the HUD concise while displaying enough information will need to be slowly tested after implementation.

Industry and markets
On the market side, we need a large number of small-scale battles or large-scale battles at the edge of server capacity; only these two can achieve large-scale market circulation.

Highsec and the new-player experience
When newcomers do agent missions in the new region, why do they still lose pirate standings? There are always some strange standing losses.

The connection between EVE Online and EVE Vanguard
It is a good game. It needs linkage between the two servers, which requires a capable planning team. Also, it needs Chinese language support. This is a huge gaming community, and it will bring quite a lot of new players to EVE Online itself.

Why are you applying for the CSM?
This is a good question. My idea is very simple: as a CSM, I can, as quickly as possible, sort out the problems of a fairly large new-player group on my side after my own judgment and directly provide feedback. That is my only idea.

What can players expect from you?
A little joke: the newcomer group I am in now has very affectionate nicknames for us instructors. The nickname they gave me is “bot”. The reason is simple: quick response, concise and effective answers, and the ability to solve their problems.