After coming to terms that the scythe is a minmatar boat - ermm I mean is not suited for an oversized prop mod and since the test server now has deadspace modules seeded, I went a little nuts and put a little bling on my logi.
Now here is something very weird with the medium remote armor repair modules - the sansha deadspace ones take way too much powergrid for my taste.
But let’s take a look at number because we love numbers, the Serpentis remote armor repair units:
- Corelum C-Type medium armor repair uses 132MW powergrid and 24 tf CPU
- Corelum B-Type medium armor repair uses 132MW powergrid and 24 tf CPU
- Corelum A-Type medium armor repair uses 132MW powergrid and 24 tf CPU
- The tech 2 medium armor repair unit uses 132MW powergrid and 24 tf CPU
Now let’s look at the Sansha ones:
- Centum C-Type medium remote armor repair unit uses 181MW powergrid and 24 tf CPU
- Centum B-Type medium remote armor repair unit uses 187MW powergrid and 24 tf CPU
- Centum A-Type medium remote armor repair unit uses 192MW powergrid and 24 tf CPU
We can make an argument that “it’s deadspace, e2, stop complaining and deal with it…”.
Or we could take a look at the medium remote shield boosters for comparison, shall we?
In store we have the angel cartel ones and the Guristas ones and let’s start with the easier to fit and capacitor friendly angel cartel ones:
- gistum A, B and C-Type remote shield booster uses 65MW powergrid and 61 tf CPU
- The tech 2 medium remote shield booster uses 65MW powergrid and 61 tf CPU
The evil Guristas ones go the CPU route of deadspace modules:
- Pithum C-Type medium remote shield booster uses 78 tf CPU
- Pithum B-Type medium remote shield booster uses 80 tf CPU
- Pithum A-Type medium remote shield booster uses 83 tf CPU
Looking at the Guristas medium remote shield boosters, the increased CPU requirements are not super bad because you can just fit a co-processor and you are good to go.
Powergrid is a very different story, my fellow logi pilots. Armor ships need a lot of powergrid to fit plates in the low slots to get a comparable tank the shield logi gets.
However, it is currently not possible to make a similar fit for armor logi ships like the Augoror that you can make with an Osprey, however realistic it may be.
So what I did was, fitting an Osprey with the following:
- 4x Pithum A-Type medium remote shield booster
- 1x Corpum A-Type medium remote capacitor transmitter
- Gistum A-Type 50MW mwd
- republic fleet large shield extender
- 2x Pithum A-Type adaptive invulnerability fields
- Sentient sensor booster (ECCM script)
- Caldari Navy Co-processor
- Sentient damage control
- True Sansha Reactor Control Unit
- Medium processor overclocking unit
- Medium Anti-EM screen enforcer II
- Medium Core Defense Field Extender II
- 43.003 ehp and 47.271 ehp with a second medium core defense field extender
- 1925.2 m/s speed with mwd on
- 6 tf CPU left
- 0.8 powergrid left
- 413 shield HP per second
This overblinged logistic ship has more repair power than a tech 2 large shield booster Basilisk fleet fit:
- Basilisk with 4x tech 2 large remote shield booster reps 340HP shield per second
- This Osprey reps 413 HP shield per second without heat but this one costs around 3.5 billion isk, so don’t do this unless you have a ton of cash
Feeling inspired, I wanted to do something similar with an Augoror:
- 4x Centum A-Type remote armor repair unit
- 1x Corpum A-Type remote capacitor transmitter
- Gistum A-Type 50MN mwd
- 1x Sentient remote sensor booster
- 1x Sentient sensor booster
- 1x True Sansha Reactor Control Unit
- 2x Centum A-Type energized adaptive nano membrane
- Sentient damage control unit
- Imperial Navy 800mm steel plate (I may use the syndicate one instead)
- Medium ancillary current router II
- 2x Medium trimark armor pump II
- 37.552 ehp
- 1717.3 m/s speed with mwd on
- 7.8 tf CPU left
- -242.8 powergrid over the fitting limit (but works with the Serpentis remote reps)
- 407.333 armor HP per second
My proposal, reduce the Sansha medium remote armor repair units to 132MW powergrid and leave the rest of the attributes as is.
To be thorough, both the Exequror and scythe cannot fit the Guristas or Sansha medium remote armor / shield reps without gimping the fit so hard that you don’t want to undock but make up for it in different ways and are very able to repair themselves when you are by yourself.