Dealing whit burnout

Maybe. But I think everything in the game revolves around some kind of currency. Whether it is ISK, loyalty points or killboard stats. So it think I would get board no matter what I choose to do. I personally want to land in planets, really explore. Walk around unique space stations. Etc. I know the game isn’t that type of game and Eve has a loyal player base for what it does right. I’m just adding my 2 cents in the burn out thread.

When I start playing after a break I always think I’m going to be playing a high quality No Man’s Sky type game but I soon realize it’s just not that. Note: I get board with NMS as well.

If you play to earn ‘fun’ or play to ‘experience new things’, I don’t think you’ll be bored just as fast. And even then, if you do get bored, simply try something else!

Yea… I don’t think EVE is the kind of game for that.

EVE does have a lot of gameplay, playstyles, strategies and other things to explore, but ‘walking on planets’ or ‘walking around space stations’ isn’t part of it.

To scratch that itch you could try other games. Warframe does the ‘walking around in space shooting enemy NPCs’ pretty well for me, with fun gunplay and character optimisation to keep me busy, but is lacking severely on the player-interaction and PvP that EVE does well. Might not be your kind of game (looter shooters aren’t everyone’s taste), but there are games that could offer you that kind of gameplay, for a while. No matter the game, every game has it’s limits and will get boring over time, so I tend to vary games I play a bit. And have been coming back to EVE for the past 6 years.

Variation is a good way to deal with burn out. I’ve been burned out on EVE multiple times, taking a pause is a good way to come back refreshed.

Yup. That’s kind of what I do. Play for a couple of weeks then take some time off.

Have you considered diving into the PvP aspect? This is what keeps EvE fresh for me, against the same backdrop. Because unlimited number of possible interactions and encounters with other players make every session unique.

1 Like

Perhaps venture into mining by extracting ore from asteroids?

I’m kind of okay with playing in short stints and then moving along for a while. I’ve played a couple of other MMOs (WOW, ESO and GW2). All 3 of these made me “perma-board “. I’ve never even considered going back to them so EVE stands alone as the only MMO I continue playing. It’s probably more me being hypercritical and expecting too much from a game

I haven’t done pvp but I don’t have the money for it anny way

Had you ever thought about roleplay with your character?

Reason for saying such is that sometimes creating a backstory for your pilot helps you feel attacted in a different way and then when you interact through you being in character offers a sense of reason.

Roleplay can be very rewarding and it takes the focus away from actual ship loss. You had played wow and I am not suggesting to apply Goldshire tavin tackics to New Eden.

Roleplay is how many Capsuleers avoid burnout and many don’t even realise that they are actually roleplaying their character when then log in.

Wishing you luck on your future plans.

If you send me a billion isk, I’ll let you have fun.

1 Like

you send me that evemail apology and you may receive your wish

Thanks I haven’t tried that I will defenetly give it a try

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.