Dear CCP re: Omega Prices

Can I transfer it?

I have literally no use for it, I just log in to get my riding skill up

It does not change that it is free for you.

So when you claim it is not free because someone else paid it, you are wrong.

1 Like

OP is a bit long but still written good.

So you were paying 8 to 10 dollars a month on Steam and they raised the rate to what now?

If you’ve been buying monthly sub for that rate on Steam then you’ve been getting a deal and a half.

During my 11 yrs here in Eve I usually buy a yearly subscription, cost is $131.40 which has a breakdown of $10.95 per month.

Seems I’ve been getting ripped off.

:slightly_frowning_face:

Anyway, due to being such a rare occurrence, it truly is amazing to see CCP respond in these forums. However I highly doubt they’ll respond here.

As for this thread, it’s very unlikely they’ll reduce their subscription fee. Best option for you would be to contact them directly with an Email.

Yes but that has no bearing on the point I was making.

I don’t think so.

A horse you say?

You might not be able to transfer it but a horse is a veritable font of meat.

2 Likes

That affirmation was a part of your argument.

You claimed that people who useplex from someone else are not playing for free.
That’s the complete opposite. They are playing for free, as they are not paying any money.
And it’s better this way, as people who can’t afford to play a sub can work it out in the game.

1 Like

actually, can we have link for that CCP response on steam prices? Because can’t find it on any “official” site.

Well then its not actually worth anything then.

My post isn’t really to complain about the increase. That increase just sparked my thoughts into the value I get from my sub and why personally felt it no longer worth it. Even at the original price it was a fair bit of money for a person in my economic region so relatively speaking it isn’t really getting a deal. but that’s not the point of this post. CCP addressed the increase for certain regions. I’m more concerned about the overall price of Omega for everyone especially considering the fact that a lot of players pay for multiple subs.

1 Like

OK, well then this thread should have been posted in ‘Player Features & Ideas’ sub-forum.

Please tell me how an alpha player that’s been playing for 3-6 months could possibly grind out 2.1b ISK?
That part of my argument is obviously not being understood the way I meant it so I may remove it for clarity.

1 Like

Yes I want one price for everyone. A lower price that’s more in line with the current MMO market and the value a single account of Eve provides.

Thanks, I was unaware. Is there a way I could have it moved?

1 Like

THAT has no bearing on the point I was making.

alphas are not supposed to become omega with plexing, unless of course the price of omega is so expensive they can not afford a sub.

Alpha is “try it” mode. not “access all for free”. Next time you ask why alphas don’t have all skills unlocked V ? “I can’t fly my titan that I got for free in my alpha account #CCPFIXIT !!!”
You can’t balance the price of items against alphas. Just no.

And BTW no I won’t tell you how. Because it depends totally on how that alpha is . But yes you can do 50M/h I guess in HS as an alpha. That’s 41H of farming per month, or 2H of farming per day for a sub via plex.
and I’m pretty sure there are ways to do better (I just have no real experience)

Yeah, you can flag your OP and request it to be moved by ISD to the correct sub-forum. Select the option ‘Something Else’.

Can also try direct mention by name = @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode

lol, tell that to CCP.

People get this wrong all the time.

If you purchase a cake and trade me a slice of the cake for a pair of hand-knitted mittens that I knit on my lunch break, the cake is not free.

Without people offering the ISK they earn in their game time for Plex, there would be no Plex market. One person pays in cash, the other person pays in game time, they are both part of the “money to CCP” equation.

As to the OP: You are looking at an overall price reduction in the range of 25-30%. If CCP did that, they would certainly lose about 20% of their overall income (guesstimate based on my notion of how much Sub income they have vs. how much Plex sales). Your premise is based on the assumption that then more people would sign up and pay… but 20% more paying players seems very unlikely, given the nature of EVE.

Also, you mention ‘EVE has multiple income streams that other MMOs do not have’, which IMO is completely backwards. CCP sells subs, and Plex. They sometimes sell starter packages that are Subs and/or Plex with a few cosmetics or an accelerator tossed in. This is by far the least effective cash shop I’ve ever played in any F2P MMO. They have virtually no income streams beyond the subs, the plex and the occasional bundle.

1 Like

EVE Online encourages to having Omega characters. This means that most guides recommend paying for multiple accounts from very early on.

And you get it wrong all the time.

When you look at MONEY in the REAL WORLD the net cost of the PLEX was 0 : therefore it’s free.
Free only refers to the money because otherwise this term makes no sense. ISK has no real world value. Just because you can find RMT sites does not mean this value exists. So a service that you paid for isks is literally paid for zero $