Dear EVE, here is why I say goodbye

Actually they aren’t that useful anymore. I remember waiting for my first batch of T2 large guns to finish because back then BS were the mainstay of NS fleets. Of course, the support fleet seemed to be having alot of fun too. It was during that time that I decided I’d never get a super capital. Too much fun with sub-caps.

1 Like

How is this post getting so much traction?? It’s a post from a self-proclaimed dev, advocating turning eve into wow - intorducing instant gratification for every aspect of the game was a disaster for wow, and it would insta-kill eve.

2 Likes

Why you asking yourself?

It’s being fed upon by the locals. Don’t confuse this for an actual long thread.

2 Likes

That’s not true. Skill training is required for every faction’s class of ships. So I’ve learned Battleships and trained it to level 4 and have trained all tier 2 gear for it. But I would have to start over to learn another factions ships.

And it wouldn’t taken me months to learn how to fly the ship, but the game forces me to wait that long to be able to fly them. That isn’t really fun.

Take WoW as an example. It is a game for the long term. As it is the longest running MMO. There are plenty of people that have been playing from day 1. So you can’t use the excuse that EVE is the only type of game that is for long term players.

Except you are wrong (again), as eve is older than wow. There are plenty of people that have been playing from day 1 in eve, way more than in wow (see what I did there?).

But, do not get me wrong. I totally understand what you are saying. And, while you might be shocked, the solution is quite simple.

P.S. Donate your stuff to Eve Uni, to help out newbros who might like the game model :wink:

2 Likes

You are forgetting that there are lot of skills that overlap and make it easier to train other factions after the first one. All support skills are universal. The only things you would have to train are the racial skills required to fly that faction.

I love the game model. I’m not the OP btw. I have no plans on leaving the game :slight_smile:

Just stating that I agree that some changes could make the game new player friendly. Taking away ‘some’ of the grind would help, or at least allowing people to grind skill points with missions as well as time.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.