Death for CSM 18

No, you’re not. You’re playing the greasy politician saying what you think I want to hear. But the fact of the matter is that you could give a rats fart about the game and the community. You just want the honorific. And don’t try to convince me that the CSM has any sort of pull, or clout on CCP. They don’t. It’s a bone they toss at the community in order to placate us into thinking that they are really in touch with the player base. They have better things to do than listen to 12 people whine and complain and deliberate on pointless topics that, quite frankly, just don’t align with the bottom line.

You do?

You should know that I gank, can flip, bait hi-seccers, shoot at noobs in ventures in low sec. And I support these sorts of shenanigans. I also want to see the complete removal of all structures from high sec, and all level 3-4 missions moved to low. I seriously doubt that lines up with your “new bros are the most important” platform.

Spoken like a true sleezy politician. And it gave me the same slimy shivers.

No, actually they don’t. That’s a logical fallacy. My thoughts and opinions don’t matter. Just like everyone else’s. And coddling me into believing that nonsense just creates an entitled and toxic atmosphere. Bad ideas should be called out. And I am full of very bad ideas.

Feelings are subjective, and are rarely the truth of the matter. You may want to try something more objective and concrete to convince me that together we’ll make eve better.

1 Like

re: marauders, have you fought marauders in a small gang scenario?

i have, multiple times. im not some super elite small gang FC but i have run a fair few fleets at this point and marauders were suffocating to small gangs, unless you were in a doctrine designed to kill marauders, you couldn’t. by making them vulnerable it opened the ability for a small cruiser gang to realistically fight a marauder, i have personally noticed a direct increase the amount of fightable fights i get post marauder nerf compared to before.

if you have not, have you talked with any FCs who have? marauders are still extremely powerful, they are now just “remove small gang” buttons

re: 1 account, as i mentioned im a FC, and even tho i barely pve and lose a fair number of ships im more then able to earn the isk to fly even t2 ships on the regular and im not doing like, super carrier crabs or anything, ishtar ratting, maybe some FW and abyssal if im feeling like being active

re: capital sized content, more like fix crabs for dreads, atm running them in dreads is pushing a “please kill me” button as somebody in an alliance with people who do them, they are awful for dreads there is NO defense against bombers, the mechanic for capital sized NS pve exists its just poorly balanced

an done thing you somehow don’t mention, ansis? what are your opinions on them you just ignore a pretty major topic?

I am sorry you feel this way, I wish we could open a line of communication and you would give me an opportunity to change your mind. The best thing we have is each other. I feel if we work together we can better the game for us all, would you agree?

That’s a great question, Firestar thank you so much for asking. I think the changes made to marauders were not the best going forward and now they are easy to kill. Truth is you get under their guns, use some weapons disruption, Ecm and some dps/ neuts they are dead. Yes I have fought some, before and after the changes. I think the fun part is working together within your fleet. Before the changes to marauders they were very hard to kill. Minus the ewar resists they are alot easier to kill. They are the sub cap kings. They should be the hardest sub cap to kill. When you get under their guns scram them, and Ecm and use ewar. They go down pretty fast. I think a 40% resistance bonus, with A 45 second bastion is a much better place. More over, you can still drop haw dreds on them, which takes them out.

I have not, truthfully I have noticed a shift in what players are using for pve. They are bringing back Machs, and other such ships as they don’t want to be stuck on grid. A small gang just Ecm jams kites, another tracking disrupts, while the others apply dps. the marauders are usually dead, baring them forming a massive responce fleet. Usually tho it’s dead just before the fleet arrived. . 1 billion plus ship dead with the fleet having had killed it costing a fraction of that price.

Thank you for all the questions I will take them one at a time. I am glad your able to fly the ships you want to fly and earn enough isk to do so. Your situation might be different, not everyone can or is able to do so. Especially the new guys. Truthful your a rare player. Usually the players are struggling to earn enough to fly a good fit ship.
Perhaps you could share some of your secrets to making isk and being viable solo player. I think the new bros very important. I would deffently like to have guys like you in my corner. I feel like a few guys like you would be an asset to helping the new guys get good at the game, would you agree?

My question for you is what would you change, and why. As your CSM candidate your game matters to me. I want you to enjoy the game.
Why do you think it’s poorly balanced? My idea involves making sites for carriers and making capitals have a reason to undock. What can be done to have those guys undock? Personally I feel that their must be risk, but rewards as well. That’s why I want to fix the insurance. Guy looses capital ship gets a good insurance pay out on it. Your in null sec, you lost it in a fleet op? You get srp you say?
That means you as a pilot just made isk, and you lost your ship. This makes it not such a big deal. You got your srp, you got your insurance. In your mind you made out as those 2 payments would equal or be greater then the ships value. So the next time you will undock it. This creates an environment that curbs risk aversion as it midagtes the pilots loss. So he got to have fun, and replace his losses and make a Lil extra isk. If ships are easier to replace more people will undock them, the more undocked the more to shoot, the more to shoot. The more players will want to shoot, and come to play the game as its “fun” again. How do you feel about this. Do you think this would be a good idea?

Thank you again you have alot of topics and they are all great.
I assume you mean ansiblex gates? I think they need to be gone or need a major over haul. Travel in this game is to easy. We need to make it so people have to take the fights. Your in a systems dudes come in, your responce fleet if they show up, goes thru them, but it takes an attacking fleet many normal gate jumps ( barring wh connections.) to get deep inside to attack. No responce fleet guy crabbing who could have been content goes thru his gate is like 30 jumps away via normal Stargate. The attacking fleet lost content. The fights sell the game, pc mags, the internet. The more fights that their are the better. If we fix the return on investment of the ships people are going to be less risk averse. If I can as a solo player recoup my ships losses and make isk doing it, or if no srp make it back reasonably fast grinding I’m happy to take more fights. I understand both angles of the discussion, and truthfully I support massive changes there. However it isn’t about me, and just me. It’s about us, and how we can make it better. How about your self, how do you feel. What can we do in your experience?

Actually you do. Those are very decent ideas. I don’t care if you gank. By all means gank. Yes I support a new bro area. If I didn’t support ganking I would have just said I support all green safety’s in high sec. But I didn’t. I am tired of the new guys always getting killed to a gank an quiting. If a safe spot prevents that, then it should be done. You can still gank veteran players. Never once did I say anything about buffing high sec. I also believe in the progression of players. As they grow and learn more space like low sec and null should be options for them. I do feel if we keep everyone in high sec, the game is lost.
I don’t care you kill ventures, I kill them as well. Same as anything else. My only wants is for the game to attract players.

I am full of good ideas that’s why I am running, and yes your thoughts and ideas matter- to me. I am not ccp, and I get what your saying. I care about getting More players in game. If your not willing to give me a chance, I can’t help you. Tho you think I’m a sleezy politician, I am trying to get in there to make the game better brother. I am sorry you don’t SEe that. You might have bad ideas, but you have ideas, and I would like to hear them

Brother, everything’s about the bottom line. The facts are like this more players = more money for ccp, more players =more content for players thus more fun. It’s this principle I am running on. Getting the new guys in game, and keeping them, and bringing back the vets and the game play they like. Many people playing is better for us all.
So by all means shoot, have fun, enjoy the game. I don’t care that you bling out a ship in high sec go suspect and allow guys to engage you. Then you kill them. I don’t care of your in cattys making high sec dangerous. It shouldn’t be safe. But new bros should be able to thrive till they can learn the game. They are important, we have to foster an environment where they can be successful and enjoy the game. If we put all of everything in high sec, made it all super safe, their is no game as people never leave high sec. You as a player deserve a voice, those last anti ganking mechanics they made, where you can’t go in to high sec as a bad guy, in a ship and dock are rough. But it’s been figured out, by the players. Some guys take pride in a negative standing, you seem like that type. Theirs nothing wrong with making the game dangerous. You deserve a voice, let me be your conduit.

My friends, it was here that we began our campaign for the CSM18. And all we had was hope and a vision for a better new eden. It was a privilege and a gift to spend time campaigning, coming to know so many of you. I wish that I could shake your hands and embrace each and every one of you individually all across this great game. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.
I want to thank my corp mates and my friends. This great “band of brothers” who crisscrossed this game on my behalf through 2023. Thank you. They had the courage to speak the truth, and they spoke it again and again, and for that, I will forever be grateful. Some from the game, friends made all across the years, and then all across the light years of this campaign. You are so special. You brought the gift of your passion for our game and the possibilities of change, and that will stay with us, and with our community forever.
What you did made a difference, and building on itself – building on itself, we go on to make a difference another day. I promise you, that time will come. when that time does the election will come when your work and your ballots will change the game, and it’s worth fighting for. Thanks for all the hours of work, for the talks, for the speeches and appearances, for the resources and for the prayers. You gave deeply from yourselves and performed magnificently. And you inspired us and you humbled us. You’ve been the very best we could have imagined. You have made an extraordinary effort not just for me, but also for the game that we love.
You may not understand completely in what ways, but it is true when I say to you that you have taught me and you’ve tested me and you’ve lifted me up, and you made me stronger, I did my best to express my vision and my hopes for a better eve online. We worked hard, and we fought hard, and I wish that things had turned out a little differently.
With that gift also comes obligation. We are required now to work together for the good of our game. In the days ahead, we must find common cause. We must join in common effort without remorse or recrimination, without anger or rancor. . At a times like this, we can’t risk partisan bickering and political posturing. Our new elected leaders have to reach across the aisle to do the people’s work, we as the people must reach out and help them succeed.
I ran for CSM18 because I’m concerned about Eve online. This election is over, but our principles endure. I believe that the principles upon which this game was founded are the only sure guide to a resurgent economy and to renewed greatness.
This is an historic election, and I recognize the special significance it has for all players and for the special pride that must be theirs today.
I have visited your home stations. I have visited your regions of space. I’ve heard your stories, I know your struggles, I know your hopes. They’re part of me now, and I will never forget you, and I’ll never stop fighting for you.
I believe that what we started in this campaign will not end here. And I know our fight goes on to make eve great again, Getting those industrial players back to work and make our economy a great engine of prolonged, sustained growth. Our fight goes on to make eve online affordable. Omega an accessible right for all players, not a few. Our fight goes on to protect the game, to achieve equality and balance, to push the frontiers of exploration and discovery, to all the new buds to grow and thrive in this world of ours. I believe that all of this will happen – and sooner than we may think – I so wish – I so wish that I had been able to fulfill your hopes to lead the game in a different direction, but the player base chose differently

I would like to congratulate the winners of CSM18:

“You have won not only the election, but also an expression of the great confidence of the people of new Eden. I send you my warm congratulations.
Tonight we are not, High sec, Null sec, wormholer’s, Faction warfare or low sec pirtate’s, but eve online players.
We appreciate the grave difficulties, and challenges your administration faces, and, as players, join in wishing you all success in the year that lie ahead.”
So here – so with a grateful heart – I leave this campaign with a prayer that has even greater meaning to me now that I’ve come to know our vast game so much better. Thanks to all of you and what a privilege it has been.

- Lady Death Strike
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.