December 2017 Arms Race Release – General Feedback

EA man… EA

1 Like

Roflmao

1 Like

True words

you forget Spawning ships put of loot boxes to

Ah, yes. This seems so long ago. I remember we were discussing this with the RW team to see if we could get that available for Warzone Extraction. It was not and that ended up breaking the event sites significantly.

I think it’s a mechanic we can use, but needs a little twist. Make it so it disappears after X amount of time, no matter where it is located. If you take it out of the site or not, doesn’t matter. It only lasts 5 minutes in your cargohold so it’s only real usage is to turn in for the mission/site. The item decays, if not handled properly. Just a thought, but not one I’ll be acting upon any time soon.

Correct. This was a mistake on my part and because of the deployment schedule, not one that will get fixed. Don’t panic. We will bring back the Glacial Drift again, not sure when or how yet.

2 Likes

But you should mention that the drone had no bounty at that time (as far as i remember). The loot was the bounty. But the cargo hull was filled so fast with the loot, that it was not worth to do the drone sites on a long run.
The drone recieved a bounty and lost the loot. Thats a fair deal.

1 Like

While you may be able to twist it that way in order to comply with the sandbox and lore, I’m still feeling uncomfortable going down that path (in general). The issue is, that using this kind of “tricks” you determine the one and only solution path for a challenge.

One thing what me and likely a lot of people attract to EvE is the freedom to “solve” a challenge in different ways, be it by following the foreseen “standard” path, by piracy, by market, by cooperation or solo, etc. Just how your preferences are. This is true for the Rogue drone sites, they facilitate a lot of different “solutions”, but Resource Wars is fixed to one path of play only.

1 Like

it costs more in ammos (faction) to do the ded4 drone than you get as bounties.

I’m not really sure how you can consider it a fair deal.

1 Like

And the bounty is more than the loot was in the past. So it was a fair deal (compared to how it was earlier).

I dont use ammo when i am doing drone sites. I fight fire with fire and drones with drones :smiley:

1 Like

I see now why you consider it a fair deal :smiley:

1 Like

Personally, I kinda miss when events were just sites… with good and interesting random loot to guide you instead of either a Scope or Agency point progress bar mechanism.

But speaking of random site distribution… what about “random” task distribution? I have 3 toons and every day after server downtime, 2 of them reset tasks to have the kill-rogue-drones one and the finish-rogue-drone-sites one… and the 3rd toon has the finish-rogue-drone-sites one and the mine-100k-ore one.

I don’t mind the ore one, I did it a couple times during Arms Race, but… feels really weird to mine ore for only one of my toons to get credit and to only get rogue drone kill credit for the other two. Why are the tasks so hard-locked per character? Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and now Friday… 4 straight days, exact same two tasks for each character whether I did any tasks the day before or not, and no rhyme or reason as to why the first 2 are different than the last 1.

During Arms Race, there were 3 active tasks open at all times instead of 2, and the mining one would pop up for all 3 of my accounts after I cycled through all the “levels” of a combat task. This is… a bit different this time around, and very strange.

True enough. And yet the event NPCs give less bounties than comparable rogue drones in a mission. I’m sure that’s to make sure people are farming loot from the sites and not straight ISK, but… it’s very weird when event BSes give less bounty than mission cruisers and event cruisers give less bounty than mission frigates.

You can get skins from burner missions. They’re the 30-day expiration ones instead of permanent… but I’ve gotten tons of Serpentis skins from the Serpentis Talos base burner missions. They just need to tweak drop tables.

1 Like

Project Discovery Monument?
Tell me more

@CCP_Dragon

I have this happening myself?

1 Like

Very nice. The only issues I have found are graphical, like mining lasers randomly “mining” rocks 30 KM away in a venture when no laser is active.

Speaking of graphics, it may not be part of this release, but the Resource wars elements looks sleek and modernized, very appealing (speaking as a “New” young player).

In testing it felt a bit disjointed. We weren’t sure if it was the right call to leave it like this, but we wanted to see how it went for this one. In truth I wanted to try completely different challenge chains, something to do with ice harvesting to thematically tie it to winter, but it just wasn’t ready in time.

Part 1 will stay the same from day to day. It will never be reset or switched on you.

If you make it to Part 2 or beyond, it will give you a new Part 1 during downtime. New doesn’t mean different, it just picks from the list and tries not to pick one you currently have running. Having 2 slots and only 3 chains makes it so you can get the same one over and over. We wanted to have at least 2 more chains for this one but again, they just didn’t make it. That would at least feel a bit more “random”. We’ll try this again down the line when we can guarantee more chains will be completed.

I should have just reverted it back to 3 slots.

3 Likes

is this right… is good by CCP give improvements for Alphas but they should expand the oportunities for the omegas too…

I have recorded my data for the last 2 weeks on the rogue swarm sites.
I have not done anything (in eve) over the holydays, so the average is rather low.
All of the data is from high sec.

Sites done since 12.12. (the day of the loot change): 716 (still a small sample, but it is all i have).
Time: 19 days, this means ~38 sites/day (with 3 days doing nothing).

Double Overmind Cruiser: 58
Overmind Cruiser + Battlecruiser: 90
There can be no 3rd spawn in high sec and no battleship, at least i never had one.
So i had 864 Overminds.

-> Overminds / site = 1,21

Total Loot: 1570
Wrecks with 1 Loot: 263
Wrecks with 2 Loot: 510
Wrecks with 3 Loot: 79
Wrecks with 4 Loot: 10

-> Loot / Overmind = 1,82

Kind of Loot:
Ore: 535
SE Commodities: 92
Drone Parts: 235 (this include the Coronary Unit and Elite Drone AI, the only parts that are worth something).
Booster: 254
Skins: 208 (and still missing so many. i had so many double and tripple, at least a few were valuable).
Accelerator: 200
BPC: 45
Yoiul Accelerator: 2 (this means 0,28% chance for me, this is rather low i guess, used all my luck in the first week :wink:).

BPC only drop from battlecruiser for me (i assume they cannot drop from cruiser), this means i had 45 BPC out of 90 Battlecruiser. This was a 50% chance.
A piece of ore dropped with a chance of 74.72% (per site, not per Overmind).
And even the accelerator (the only constant money drop, even when it dropped really hard) was at 27.93% (per site). That’s 2 per 7 sites. So around 22 million in ~45 minutes (alone in the accelerators).
The skins with 29.05% are a bit higher, but the value of the skins is so different. It can be all from 400k to 100 million (not anymore, but they were this high in the beginning).

The accelerators and skins alone were a bit over 4 billion on selling (would have been more, when i would have sold them sooner).
Not bad for 2 weeks as an Alpha in a cruiser.
To quote Magnasis Drakkenwolf: “For some people this might be not a big deal, but for me its huge”.

I want more of this stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Welp. Its been a while since this stuff got released and so far, heres my take on it:

1. FOBs - hardly anyone does them anymore. Some people did at 1st for novelty, now many just are kinda there until they despawn. Problems are two fold. First are the abysmal rewards. Average player has far better ways to spend his/her time doing other stuff for better rewards. Second, accessability. Need to scan switch ships, yadda yadda, blah, blah, blah bottom line is its a PITA, again, better time spent elsewhere. Third, skill ceiling way too high. Double this if the rewards are going to be kept “as is”. They need to be rebalanced for either a solo really good player, or a team of 5 new good alphas. Then, and only then players will actually do them a lot.

2. Resource wars - bleh @ mining, but thats my personal thing. Complaints I have heard is that the rewards are completely not worth it and require to spend too much isk to be worth doing and that the sites durations are just way too short. They need to allow time for people to get together, switch ships etc. so they can actually go do them.

Would have been 100x better off just introducing some new missions, some new explo stuff maybe, and bump HS Anoms up to 6/10 DED. Mission wise add some stuff that makes faction grind easier, or maybe a battleship burner, or more story missions.

2 Likes

FOBs despawn?