December 2017 Arms Race Release – General Feedback

HAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL LOL LOL LOL

ЗНАТНО ПРИГОРАЕТ!!!

CCP i love you!

2 Likes

I mean, in one hand i’m glad that the rogue swarm sites will continue for another month, since i like the type of content that it brings to me, but on other hand i’m kinda pissed, because like everybody else, i assumed that this sites were going to stop today, So i held on to my accelerators (thank goodness i didn’t invest any isk on it).

Anyway, this type of misleading information from you guys should not be happening. We shouldn’t have to doubt the accuracy of your announcements, but since the community team got fired i guess we have to now.

1 Like

These tears are delicious. Thank you all!

2 Likes

You have trained boring wannabe edgy comments to V haven’t you?

1 Like

I haven’t been hoarding anything and I personally don’t enjoy grinding any kind of PVE. You are right, it seems some people here are mad because they’ve lost ISK on an investment. Any investment is always a risk and to complain about losing on an investment is like complaining to lose a ship in PVP: nonsense.

However there are more implications to this than profits or losses. For instance, people who wanted these boosters for their own skill training might have assumed they have only 7 days to get as many as they need. While it is their own decision to follow this path, they might have set up a different timeframe had they known they have more time. My argument is: it’s okay to announce specific dates and it’s also okay to not announce dates, but it is odd to announce a false date.

Alas, it is how it is. @CCP_Dragon has shown great commitment to communicating with players about the events and since this is the Feedback thread, this is the right place to speak about such things. Are some of the players salty: sure, maybe. Does it seem that CCP still wants to hear them out: seems like it. So while you have a fair point regarding investments and risk, there is no general sense in calling people out for being “just salty”. CCP doesn’t want to sugarcoat things, but neither do they want to make people salty for no reason. Thus, this thread and generally CCP’s investment in listening to players.

Most people prefer to hear positive feedback and it is true that the negative feedback seems louder, but most good things have to be wielded through cycles of testing and critic. Which of the comments will or won’t have an effect on future plans is up to CCP, not to you, not to me, not to anyone else. People can and should voice their opinion in a decent way, and you trying to mute them all, is of no use and generalizations based on your own assumptions (first sentence of your post) aren’t helpful either.

4 Likes

There was no announcement of the drones as a separate event.

People considered the amount of drop over the time of consumption : 7 days of farming item with a rate of 2/ hours max, consumed during the 62 days of the event, would lead to shortcuts for injector farms, meaning the boosters could be soled around 80M each by january, even 120M each by mid-january.

Same goes for the skins : short event means low number of skins, meaning skins would keep value.

This in turn means that the event’s sites would be interesting to fight for them.

Now the sites become completely useless (because both easy to get and to complete) and you also made people behave on the assumption you would do what you declared.

4 Likes

No, I just bought my own share of boosters because it was more worth for me to buy them than to do the sites(once I did some). You are the one assuming things here.
I truly made provisions because I thought the event was over.
There was no ‘risk’ in my provisions. I need this quantity=> I buy it.

You are a liar.

1 Like

Only good that i did the statistic yesterday :grin:
This way there is a good compare to the drop rate.

So from today (again only high sec):

Sites done: 52
Named spawned: 65 (this means 13x double spawn)
1 Cruiser: 39
2 Cruiser: 11
1 Cruiser + 1 BC: 2

Named without any loot: 0
With 1 loot: 24
With 2 loot: 34
With 3 loot: 7
With 4 loot: 0

Summary of loot: (113 together)
Ore: 35
SE Commodities: 9
Drone Parts: 20
Boosters: 12
Skins: 17
Rogue Swarm Accelerator: 19
BPC: 1
Yoiul Accelerator: 0

So with about the same number of sites, the accelerators did drop 3 times as often for me (compared to yesterday).
This explains the insane price crash of these. To bad for all these who gambled :stuck_out_tongue:.

And to all that are mad at CCP, well, they said the truth. The Event is over, just not the spawn of the sites :wink:.
I missed the selling as well by one day. I thought i farm a few more and sell them after the event. ■■■■ happens :grinning:. This is how you burn a few billions. But you cannot be mad at CCP for this. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, that’s called gamble.

3 Likes

Then it sounds like you hit paragraph 2 of my post. Loved the liar comment though :heart:

Where in this update changelog does it say that the Arms Race event is separate from the Rogue Drone sites?
My eyes must be deceiving me because it sure looks like it was supposed to end on the 12. of december.

5 Likes

An item losing more than half it’s value in less than 24hours because of lack of/incorrect information from CCP is not ‘how the market works’ nor does it happen every day. I loved the event and would have LOVED to know that it was going to last all through december. But the complete lack of information from CCPs side is truly disappointing, which is what people are upset about. Brandishing everyone a hoarder is just being ignorant.

I’m spacepoor and have moderately low amount of SP and I chose to spend ISK on 18 accelerators because ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE SUBJECT said that the event was ending today.

All because they “…haven’t been trying to hide this information…” yet that’s exactly what they did any way.

2 Likes

Extend event, increase drop rates and people complain…
shrugs.

1 Like

i have grinded for this 1 week, One F*ing WEEK in null space ! I did not even boost my character because i belived that selling this after event can give me more value and more SP injected. Now you come now and change the rules. Fk this. ! This is not a sand box, this is a quicksand full of greed. This game is not worthing the time. i’m out.

2 Likes

so you are going to whine because you are… greedy?

something something hypocricy

5 Likes

Well, why u call people greedy, if ccp announced dat event will continue until 12dec, and then suddenly until january 2018? Maybe he calculated dat he can sell boosters and get more sp with skill injectors by selling boosters, then with boosters themselves? Still its not market games, its ccp fault.

2 Likes

I stop reading as soon as I detect hypocrisy. So I don’t care about your paragraphs.

3 Likes

Just ran one of these resource war sites as a logi. Very underwhelmed and dissatisfied w/ the experience as a whole. Everybody else got a ■■■■■■■ counter to show how many rats they killed or how much ore they mined. What do logis get? ■■■■ all. Nothing to tell me how I’m contributing to the “resource war” for my empire. I repped an Omen to full armor with my Inquisitor. It wasnt very fun, but I guess that’s because I was only in a level 2 site. I did two sites.

Got my LP and million ISK (great payout, by the way). Holy ■■■■, the LP Store. Whew. Your fits are ■■■■ and your jackets are too goddamn expensive. The SKINs are cool, I’ll give you guys that. Let me buy those from the LP Store individually, instead of buying a shitfit Apoc just to get it. Please

In short, ■■■■ being a logi in the resource war sites. CCP said, “Yeah, you can shoot ■■■■, mine ■■■■, and rep ■■■■, but you only know if you’re being useful if you shoot ■■■■ and mine ■■■■! ■■■■ logistics!”

1/10 - Did not feel a sense of pride and accomplishment

P.S. I like the large acceleration gates a lot. Can you make them all look like that?

4 Likes

Unless you’re not counting the tertiary/cruiser boss rat as a boss (the only one that was guaranteed to spawn in a highsec nest), that just wasn’t true. I did about 190 sites during the week of the event and I’d guesstimate that 10-20 of the cruiser wrecks were empty.

The bonus battlecruiser boss that sometimes spawned in a wave after the site-ending wave was always loot-filled (at least for me), though.

1 Like

Only in one event (about a year ago) did the skill accelerator boosters expire within a day or two after the event ended.

In every other event (about 6?) in the past 2+ years since Blood Raider Halloween event in 2015, the skill accelerators were usable until ~2-4 weeks after the event ended. This is the first event where the boosters (on their show info pages) have claimed to work for ~55 days (yes, nearly 2 months) after the event was to end.

The RSCAs (rogue swarm cerebral accelerators) have shown “January 30 2018” as their expiration date since the very first day of the event a week ago, this is not news.

Also, every time an event like this is about to end (usually after 2 weeks, this time after 1 week), the nearing-maximum supply of the skill accelerators results in a slight decline in prices. Then once the event is over and no further skill accelerators are dropping, sellers tend to increase their prices as demand continues while supply has dried up.

Then–when the skill accelerators are about to expire–the prices drop again.

… I presume you meant 24 hours per skill accelerator. But that’s not true. That’s with Biology 0. With Biology 5, each skill accelerator lasts for 48 hours. This has been the case since the first skill accelerator event (Blood Raider halloween event in 2015) and has continued to be the case ever since for all 24 hour boosters. Oh, and one time there were 5 day skill accels, and with Biology 5 they lasted for 10 days.

… I know that was just for one day (and on the last day), but wow… you had damned good luck on the skill accelerators.

I didn’t track as much info as you, and not specific to any days, but:

sites done: ~190
glacial drift skins: 30
rogue swarm cerebral accelerators: 20

… as of midday sunday I had only 9 skill accelerators, so my last 11 were gained late on Sunday and mid-to-late on Monday. Skins also seemed to be dropping a bit more often, but it wasn’t as striking as with the RSCAs.

I assume that you are Omega. Because you had the option to use or not to use the accelerator.

Using a booster give you 51840 bonus SP (for full time of 48 hours). Lets say 51k for easy calculations.

Correct me if i am wrong on my thoughts. I cannot get the current prices right now.

• A daily Injector was ~50 million (should be 60 as soon as the event ones are used). This was 1000 ISK/SP and will be at 1200 ISK/SP when it goes up to the correct price.
  • The rogue swarm accelerator (RSA) was at 60 million at peak. If you take the data from last event, the price would have gone down after this. That is because of gambler and horders. I even assume that they are the reason the price was this high, because they were buying everything in hope for a rising price and sell it with profit (total legit, but risky). The peak of the crimson harvest one was 1-2 days after the event (~16 million) and went down after this. It was around 5 million of the end of the useable time. To compare again, the Crimson Harvest one was +10 and 16 million. The RSA was at 60 million for a +12…
    So lets say 60 million would have been the max. This is 1176 ISK/SP.
    And if it goes down to ~10 million (only my prediction) it will be around 196 ISK/SP.
  • An Injector is around 782 million and give you 500k, 400k, 300k or 150k SP (depend on your skill points).
    This means that each SP will cost you 1566, 1957, 2610 or 5220 ISK/SP.
    And again, the RSA was at 1176 ISK/SP at max and might go down to 196 ISK/SP.

Now explain me again. Why did you hold the accelerators back and did not use them? They gave a way better ISK/SP than the Injectors could ever do. And about the same as a daily one (that is only useable by alphas).
And there is no reason not to use them right now. With 30 million (i assume they will go down to 16 million, the same as the crimson harvest one was) the ISK/SP is down to 588. This is by far better than any injector.
The only reaon for injectors is, when you are alpha. But at any time when you are at Omega state using the accelerator should be always better than any injectors.

If the price goes down like this, every alpha will just use the RSA. Even for an alpha it is still a bonus 25920 SP. And for 10 million this is still a good 392 ISK/SP (as long as the char is under 5 million).

4 Likes