December 2017 Arms Race Release – General Feedback

you know what could have helped with this? an intact community team

14 Likes

Agreed, everything I saw released on this implied that the the entire event, including sites, would be gone the 12th.

This appears to be the community consensus as well.

3 Likes

It was even in graphics in the launcher stating Dec 6th to 12th.

4 Likes

They seem to be saying it will, and the entire festival/event will end around January 9

If only there were a team that could engage us and give us this information

3 Likes

So this thing(Sites) will go on - well this then just cost me 5 Bill -best event ever - making the time and money I put in completly worthless!

Here s an idea for the next event - You put out 100 dollar PLEX deals you cant say no to and give it away for free the next day - that should spark the same kind of excitment I feel for the game right now… I am done with EVE - HF yall

2 Likes

If you guy didn’t try to hide this information then why we all have the general idea that the event will end Dec. 12th and the sites will disappear at the same time? If you didn’t try to hide this then why there’s still no news about it? I just wonder whether you guys should tell us the truth or just try to “play” us.

2 Likes

You’re complaining that a volatile market is their fault because you made a risky investment decision?

This is going to be an entertaining thread to watch

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

2 Likes

I do not understand why you would do this. You don’t announce that the event is going to continoue. If we cannot trust you to keep to the dates you publicly announce, then we have a serious issue on our hands.

3 Likes

So what will CCP forget to to ell us next! Find out on the next episode of CCP Blue ball Z!

3 Likes

Ah, the chaos of last year repeats itself. Last year they sent out a mail to everyone, announcing SKINs and accelerators as Christmas gift, every1 got hyped, but then they handed out only snowballs.

Either the the community devs are overworked and have lost oversight, or they are trolling us. Not sure which one is true …

2 Likes

The information about the drone sites was virtually non-existent from the start. And yes, the tiny scraps of info that were given let everyone to believe that te sites would end today. WTH is an event worth if lasts for a full month? And don’t give me that “The Arms Race itself lasted a week”. For most ppl that race was over within a day, 180 points was laughable. The drone sites was the real event from the start. The misinformation has manipulated the Market in an unacceptable way. This sucks.

4 Likes

CONGRATS CCP, you took my hard earned isk and gave it to some freeloading alphas for running these sites. I would NEVER have bought a single accelerator if I knew I had till the ninth to get enough for my toons. Not one one alpha bought accelerators, why would they, you gave them FREE skill injectors.

1 Like

The real-life commodities market is also full of risks. Bad weather can wipe out crops, and good weather can buff yields to the point of surplus. We’re in for a bumpy ride! :slight_smile:

https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/rogue-swarm-alert-continues-as-empires-complete-rollout-of-arms-and-materiel-to-affected-areas/

CCP RobinHood :grinning:.

3 Likes

You know this miscommunication and deviation from previous “rules” will make a lot of players very unhappy … I’m glad I farmed only for my own consumption this time, but held back skin sales in expectation of value increase.

2 Likes

Ouch. Well, I get that the people saving their accelerators “took the risk” of the event continuing. But should that really have been in question in the first place? This could have been entirely avoided if a date was explicitly stated for when the sites would go away.

Now anyone who kept an accelerator is going to be upset just because CCP didn’t bother to keep us informed.

2 Likes

The main issue is that the 12th was announced as the endpoint and that many people put their trust in CCPs announcement. By keeping the sites running until January, you punish the people who most actively participated in fighting back the Drones, as from one hour to the next their work became more or less worthless.

On the one hand that’s good because it signals against farming events as a valueable strategy, on the other it’s bad because it undermines trust in CCPs statements.

Whoever made investments or speculated that grinding the event would net them a good amount of income is understandably salty. While devaluation of assets/strategies is normal in EVE with its ever changing mechanics, there normally is a time to prepare and adapt. In this case there was none.

Next time it would be nice to either not announce anything and make the entire thing uncalculatable or announce and stick to the announcement. Spreading false information is bad.

For the current event it might be good to iterate on the sites and either change the loot table, make them harder over time or change something fundamentally, so this continues to feel like an event, not end-of-the-year grindfest.

Thanks and o7

5 Likes

Not disagreeing with everything you say but they can’t change the current situation. People who have got burned will of cut their losses by selling as the price fell. It’s too late. So doing something to re-inflate the price would make them even saltier since they have unloaded them (or lots of them will of). But they wouldn’t of unloaded if something like what you suggest happens. So then they would be burnt twice.

They know they made a mistake. Mistakes happen. The new announcement hinted at a gift to say sorry and I think that is all they can do.

2 Likes

Seems the Glacial Drift skin droprate has been upped on top of it, devaluating them even more. Surely they won’t drop into January as well?

2 Likes

The only complaints here I see are from people hoarding items in hopes of making dank isk that are now going to drop in value because of the assumed ending of these sites.

Complaining that you wasted isk on an item that was expensive yesterday that is cheap today is just how the market works regardless of it being tied to an event, happens every day with items.

Technically speaking the Arms race portion of this event did end when they said it would, which included the ability to earn a free battlecruiser and a battleship through agency points. Now just the site sticks behind which continues to drop glacial skins which are in celebration of the upcoming Yulai (however you spell it) festival and boosters to make your training a bit quicker this time of year.

There is nothing CCP can do that will make everyone happy, there will always be that group that feels it was a bad change, communication, whatever. Sadly those people are the loudest and appear to be the popular opinion, despite thousands of players who enjoyed the event and have moved on with their lives.

2 Likes