December 2017 Arms Race Release – General Feedback

Grinded ~40 sites yesterday. I would agree that 20% of bosses are empty. Another 20% dropped skin or an accelerator. And about 60% dropped drone parts or minerals.

Thats highsec numbers tho. There’s an opinion that numbers mirrored for LS, ie 60% good drops, 20% trash.

1 Like

My issue is that I feel I have been short changed. I used to pay for a loaf of bread. Now the baker gives everyone half a loaf but still expects full price if I want the other half.

1 Like

They are often empty. I’d say 25 to 30 percent of the time, in my experience, across three characters.

1 Like

fighters were falling like flies. now for some reason they are tanking the hole site. there are waves that arent even targeting my ship @ all. what the hell did you folks tweak and you didnt tell us bought? frustrating as it is please tell us youll bother to fix it or if you will not then announce what you tweaked. thanks.

@CCP_Dragon, please add the word “expired” in front of the now-expired Crimson Harvest accelerators. Somehow this needs to be added into the event workflow, as new accelerators become Expired. I’m still partial to seeing (all of) them on the market, clearly labeled, but understand you may have other goals or future plans.

1 Like

I don’t know what you have done but apparently you fixed the camera bug that I reported a while ago. Finally, I can C and V again to Fortizars in my carrier and the camera turns towards what I want to look at instead of just weirdly glitching through my ship. Thank you for that. :smiley:

1 Like

Re stating after running a large number of Resource Wars Site (Mining) that the content is very enjoyable; even after 50 + missions.

HOWEVER !!!

The LP is utter junk… turns out there was just one guy buying up all my State Packs on contract (Which dried up) with no one interested in the LP product.

Not sure how to move forward, perhaps just keep enjoying the sites for the challenge and never use the LP store until CCP figures out how math works.

Can confirm as well. Completely empty tertius and secondus wrecks for me as well. Just had back-to-back empty secondus, than an empty tertius and secondus in a row. Felt bad.

Edit: and a third empty tertius directly after I finished writing this post.

Edit 2: And a fourth.

Edit 3: and a fifth

Edit 4: Sixth one finally had actual loot. Praise the lord.

Edit 5: Next two were empty. Guess maybe it’s time to give up on this.

4 Likes

LS is the same, you just get 2-3 overseer spawns per site instead of the 1-2 in highsec. The chance to get some valuable loot seems to a bit higher for the BC and BS spawn, but not sure. Haven’t seen a single Youl accelerator yet in about 100 sites …

2 Likes

This event is sounding like the bugged sleeper one where they had entire sites empty of spawns even when fresh and you’re first one there.
Sorry I didn’t make a thread for it this time around. Broke my HDD again few weeks ago and haven’t been in game at all so didn’t make the official event thread.

Thank CCP for Arm Race event. It can be completed even newborn Alpha on frigate, and this is awesome.

1 Like

Is it me or is anyone sick and tired of some alpha’s bleating about how things still aren’t good enough for them… A little while back you had zero options to play for free, now you have loads. Make do with the stuff you’ve been given and play the game, if you dont like it sod off and dont let the airlock hit you on the way out.

2 Likes

Thank you CCP for bringing some content to LS, I’ve snagged a few players in these complexes now and I must have made over 500mil running them yesterday

1 Like

I did a few statistics from today. All data are from high sec. Sadly i started a bit late for it. The sample is rather small this way. Especially for the Yoiul Accelerator and BPC. I got 4 Yoiul during the event, and 10+ BPC. And just 0 on this day.

Sites done: 46
Named spawned: 57
1 Cruiser: 35
2 Cruiser: 6
1 Cruiser + 1 BC: 5

Named without any loot: 7 (12.2%)
With 1 loot: 26 (19 of these were Ore only drops)
With 2 loot: 21
With 3 loot: 1
With 4 loot: 2

Summary of loot: (79 together)
Ore: 40
SE Commodities: 6
Drone Parts: 8
Boosters: 13
Skins: 7
Rogue Swarm Accelerator: 5
BPC: 0
Yoiul Accelerator: 0

1 Like

Why event did’t end today?

1 Like

The drop rates have been adjusted. EDIT: To specify: there should no longer be any empty boss wrecks.

We haven’t been trying to hide this information but apparently we did not announce it very well. There should be a news item out shortly.

Arms Race, as an event lasted only one week. The sites are going to be available until the end of the Yoiul Festival. I don’t have my calendar with me right now, but I believe it lasts until January 9.

6 Likes

Is the loot table going to change during Yoiul Festival or will it stay more or less the same?

So I overpaid 3 bil on these boosters yesterday because someone forgot to announce the actual end on these sites properly ?

Can I get this ■■■■ reimbursed ?

5 Likes

ccp joke :slight_smile: thought some ppl will lose isks on this rogue drone accel now !

2 Likes

Probably not, else CCP would always need to reimburse when players make decisions to buy something and it turns out later that some mechanics changed or didn’t change es expected, so it was a bad investment. You bought boosters/accelerators yesterday, assuming you’ll make a better deal than today. Had you bought them whenever you need one, you’d not overpaid as much. But, you decided to bet on making the best deal now, so that’s not something refundable.

Announcing a duration for these events would still be kind of nice.

Does it mean: http://updates.eveonline.com/date/2017-12-20/
will not happen anymore?

2 Likes