December 2017 Arms Race Release – General Feedback

Unless you get lucky enough to find a dead end pocket with a constantly respawning site… :slight_smile:

1 Like

The “flash/blinking” effect of the message box popping up (e.g. saying that u can’t lock a target because it’s to far away) should be removed because it’s totally annoying and also massively distracting due to the flash.

just imagine someone would put on a flashlight in some distance (20m) while pointing it at you every few seconds and turn it off immediately after…just to turn it back on for a second after a few seconds.

5 Likes

Nope, I’d say one out of every 4 is empty. I have had one case of an empty first boss and empty second boss!

2 Likes

Yeah just wanted to add as well that sometimes boss don’t drop any loot. Not even junk. Just an empty wreck like the rest.

1 Like

Yes this flashy thing is getting TOO ANNOYING
those of us who regularly see this flashy thing and depend on it are having a headache
It looks cool for the first ten times you see it but then it just gets ANNOYING and just a bit distracting
It also causes the message to appear later and I am interested in the message nots its visual effects to be honest…
Kindly give us the option to remove it
thank you

1 Like

No they dont. About half of them are empty. I even got empy BS wrecks in LS.

The chance of getting something good like an accelerator or a BPC seems to be really low. Like 5% (1 out of 20).
Too grindy im my opinion.

1 Like

I perosnally can say Thanks to CCP for this update. Its very awesome and amazing, and you guys did a good job ! On my opinion you are going at right way. Thanks by you and this update, now Im able to get back at the game and play, and have fun (I am old player). Also its very good news for a new players, cuz now they are able to take part in big Null-sc pvp battles. So, i dont know why someone have bad opinion about this update. So, at all, i personally like it.
:+1:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t like that Omega skill that I can’t even inject into that I have from when I was subbed are now counting against my 5 mil limit keeping me from training things that I could before the change.

1 Like

I’m a bit confused.

As an Omega player I feel this update is heavily alpha oriented. Why would I want to win an Alpha Skill Injector I can’t use? I know I can sell the damn thing, but surely there should be an Omega equivalent to reward the Omega players for taking part.

Would be nice to get a skill boost for our efforts!!

2 Likes

Thank you HMS_PEDRO!

I was beginning to think I was the only one who is wondering what the hell is going on around here lately.

YO! CCP! Stop using MY money to support a bunch of freeloaders! When did I get a chance to weigh in on that idea?

My suggestions:

1 - NO FREE PLAYERS! Everybody pays something. If you want to have a graduated scale, fine, but no freebies.
2 - Lower-paying players should have their capabilities limited accordingly, with emphasis on limited!
3 - Lower-paying players should NEVER have access to the purchase of skill points.

I wasn’t real keen on the alpha players to begin with, but now that you are lavishing all of your attention on them, why should I continue to pay you when I can get more and more for free?

What would happen if everybody dropped their subscriptions and played for free? How long would it take for CCP to go under?

Maybe we should find out…

1 Like

Empty overseer wrecks or rocks today for the most part. Yesterday seemed better.

1 Like

All these reactions are normal today. it is a not total change but a severe one in the history of EVE. a game, an environment, which was exclusively paid for many years and now the gap between the alphas and omegas closes more and more. It is a time of uncertainty in which CCP will define what more changes should be made or follow this same course. in the end everything is defined in-game. in the end, giving large ships to alphas but not giving them mining power means that an alpha is not yet self-sufficient. On the other hand this modality attracts more players for their new opportunities. etc…

1 Like

It is no doubt a good idea to help newer players in the game, and CCP want to try to hook as many fish as possible so they become subbers. So I welcome the changes but I agree there are some burning fixes needed in game.

Wormhole space needs citadel sleeper farming removed ASAP please!

NUMBER 1 PRIORITY?

Agree highlight effect on message frames is not necessary. “Salvage attempt failed…” 10 times in a row does not deserve this much of our attention. (Separately but related, I still think the blink effect when a locked target is destroyed is annoying. Too much blink.)

My, my, my, me, me, me.
A bit selfish.

You need two parts to run such a game. One is the money, but the second are the players. It does not help when there is enough money, but the servers are empty because no one is playing.
What CCP is doing with the Alpha is a good idea (time will tell if it is working). But without doing this, EVE might go down as well, not because of lacking money, but because the world will be boring and empty.
At other MMO games they could just remove and merge servers to keep a good density. But EVE, with the one world, does not work this way. What would happen if there are only 1000 player online in a world like EVE? It is not only the ghost town feeling. The whole econmy is based on players and would collapse. You need player (no matter if they pay or not) to keep the enconomy up.

The first Alpha wave was a unlimited trial. Where characters are limited and cannot help so much on fleet battles.

This way they will make alphas pay a bit to get the new skills (no matter if they sub for one or a few month or use daily injectors). They gave them a reason to pay.
With the old system paying was pointless, because all the skills you learned cannot be used anymore when the sub ends.
Now the skills will remain active, and give the player a bit more flexibility. And maybe even encounter them to sub again and again and again…

2 Likes

Well, yeah. If they are supposed to always have something and you only get something half the time, it would be really grindy.

We are looking into it. The Loot tables seem to be behaving correctly on all our test environments right now, so this might take a little while to figure out.

EDIT: The overminds will drop “junk” loot occasionally, but should never be empty.

What empire themed clothing was added? Can someone give me a quick screenshot?

Also is there a typo in the patch notes? It said color wheel settings icon was replaced with cog icon. Not sure what that is and all I could think of was overview being auto corrected to color wheel.

If I had to Pay I’d just quit.
I quit 8 years ago cause the game wasn’t worth $15 for one character and two slots I’m not gonna use.

If you wanna make everyone pay offer a $5 option for a account with one character and lock the other two slots. There you go.

4 Likes

Here’s my feedback regarding the event (in another thread, I assume it is preferred to link it instead of copy-pasting it):

1 Like

Overmind wrecks are often empty, maybe 15-20% of the time.

1 Like