Dedicated Unassembled Ship Industrial

Hello capsuleers!

I’m here to propose that CCP create or modify an existing industrial to have a significantly sized hold to facilitate the transport of unassembled ships and potentially ship modules. Now, a question that I expect to hear is “What purpose does it serve?” and response expected is “Why not just use the Ore Freighter?”. Firstly, with the shift of some current alliance doctrines in favoring massive swarms of players are likely to use it to facilitate the transport of vessels from their Industrial staging points to their Offensive stations, and create a more fluid market the trade of vessels. Secondly, i feel its extremely redundant and stupid to have a freighter dedicated to hauling fully assembled ships when its more practical for it to load up the unnassembled and the modules that go with it.
Having this type of industrial would solve another issue of inflated ship prices in certain hubs.

I have a better question than “why not use the Ore Freighter”

If the ships aren’t assembled, why not just use a Freighter? Unassembled ships aren’t special, they don’t need special treatment or a super-hauler to make them easier to move than, say, a bunch of modules or minerals. In fact compared to minerals they’re generally easier to move, since the total M3 to build a ship is most often greater than the finished product’s packaged size.

[quote=“StarterrorPrime, post:1, topic:8976, full:true”]… i feel its extremely redundant and stupid to have a freighter dedicated to hauling fully assembled ships when its more practical for it to load up the unnassembled and the modules that go with it.
[/quote]

The point of having a hauler for assembled ships is so you can haul a ship without having to remove rigs without getting in the ship and moving it by itself, or having to play shenanigans with courrier contracts and a Freighter.

There is absolutely nothing redundant about the Bowhead.

[quote=“StarterrorPrime, post:1, topic:8976, full:true”]Having this type of industrial would solve another issue of inflated ship prices in certain hubs.
[/quote]

This isn’t a problem that needs to be solved. Eve is a big universe, it’s supposed to be hard to move around large quantities of stuff. That there are price differences between markets is an intentional and desirable effect of this. There is nothing here that needs to be ‘fixed’.

2 Likes

Big old nope on this.

The ship you’re looking for is called a “freighter”.