Delay local chat now that we have de-cloaker pingers

Local removal was super effective but then ccp noted that 50% of the paying customers botted in null & they pooped their pants. Even Falcon Punched a Dev out of the door over the 1/4 drop.

So now CCP don’t even care. If you want to be a major entity in eve you gotta now bot. Botting is a pillar of this game, the rewards are high but so is the risk.

This game is now utter poop the forum pvp is the best bit, now & even that got botted last month.

1 Like

Proof needed.

1 Like

right Mr assumptions…

example??

for lazy ppl yeah… we on the other hand are building our null Sov from scratch and we don’t bot. we are having a total success and we are recruiting if you wanna join…

No. Pop dropped a ton during Blackout, you want to kill the game?

tbh… when is forums gangkers, csm and ccp going to relise that PVP is in reality a very small part of eve?
i bet isk that pvp is the reason why ~12% of all new players stay in game past their first week…

■■■■ pvp buffs. give us our pve buffs back.

CCP is already doing that with each new change / game patch / expansion they implement.

2 Likes

thank CCP Rattati… he’s killing eve and he doesn’t give a ■■■■.

5 Likes

I believe he answers to somebody higher up in the company… so whoever is giving the OK for these changes is the one to blame…

Director of Product - EVE Online
Possibly Hilmar… but aside from that, doesn’t look like he really has anyone above him, aside from PA.

Well, as far as we know Rattati may just be following orders. So like I said earlier, the one to blame is the top dog who’s giving the ok to do all these messed up changes.

considering he can be quoted as saying, “like it or quit” and there’s not many reasons why directors have people above them (unless its board members) i think he’s pulling the strings. Just my opinion.

1 Like

I may be biased here as for years i’ve been living in j-space mostly . I think that k-space should have been the same (no local chat) , it just adds more depth to the gaming experience , makes it a lot more interesting and realistic.

1 Like

J space doesn’t have the technology that K space has… so unless the empires decided to do away with it, then the blackout could happen again…

Local delay of more than 3-5s is excessive and would kill content. For consistency’s sake I would tie entering local to loading grid in system, and leave it there.

overall a good idea
a little wonky and situation dependent tho
much simpler to just delete local
whats the worst that could happen? ppl leaving droves? o wait…
asd

no better time than now

Because Blackout was such a success…

This would affect the little guy, obviously hurt bots, but have little to no effect on bigger alliance intel… Ibis parked on a citadel on gate grid doesn’t care about decloaking and provides 24/7 automatic intel, I guess it would also be possible to set up bots to look at intel channel/ out of game tool instead of just local chat.

It will because most of the players are just not used with no local , blackout has proven that they will stop login in or just stay docked . It will be hard for them to adapt and will take a lot of time , after so many years with local. Also , these are not quite the best times in Eve to implement such change.
Nevertheless, even without local or delayed local there still is content in j-space and even Pochven , those that are used to it and seek to create content will be fine , but sadly those are not the majority of players.

Granted what he said is disturbing at the very least, especially while representing the company in an official stance. However that doesn’t matter. CCP Falcon said a bunch of stuff too that was later deemed to be his own opinion and not of the company.

I think Rattati just proposes ideas to a higher up, probably Hilmar, who then gives the go ahead to implement it.

So yeah, I blame Hilmar for the sorry state of the game, he’s the one in charge.

Do you have the source for that? … I don’t doubt he said it and I even think I remember listening to it I just cannot remember where it was.

The thing with local is that it’s absurd technology.
It’s the equivalent of what we have on boats and ships now, a thing called AIS (automatic identification system) and IFF (identify friendly flyer) on planes. Depending on the area and the boat or plane in question it’s sometimes non-optional but that doesn’t stop people from turning it off for whatever reason they have. Local chat goes a step further, it identifies not only the ship (when combined with Dscan), but the person in it giving all sorts of information about them.
Cloaking should turn this off for obvious reasons, you are cloaked, presumably you are smart enough to turn off all the crap on your ship that can be used to gain information about you. This is the equivalent of submarines going silent and then still broadcasting their AIS signal, they simply wouldn’t do it.
Dscan it self is, by today’s standards, low end radar and when used with local still provides preposterous amounts of information on everything down to who is flying what and who they have worked for, how dangerous they might be and so on. No military would tolerate such a thing and that’s just for starters, pirates would simply remove it from their ships using the biggest hammer they could find.
Submarines and any sort of plane, especially those built for stealth have the ability now to turn off almost all emissions of any kind in order to maintain stealth. Some, in the case of submarines remain in this state for years at a time so no one knows where they are, let alone who is driving and what they have done in their career.
The idea that we can do this now but not tens of thousands of years in the future is flat out silly.
Do I think local should be simply turned off in nullsec? No, I think that it should apply to ships built for stealth or equipped with an activated cloaking device, everyone else is either engaged in legitimate non-military (or pirate type) activities and should remain visible in local if they use it to communicate (like in wormholes, you are invisible in local untill you talk in local). Dscan already identifies ship type, you should have enough information from that alone.
If you are on grid with someone that’s another issue if they are uncloaked, being able to see the ship and who is piloting it makes some (slightly far fetched) sense. Local as it is now in relation to cloaking does not.
So yes, cloaking should remove you from Dscan and from Local chat, it’s that simple and would have solved the blue donuts little safety issue, what they don’t know helps us kill them. And since they are causing CCP to mangle all sorts of stuff they should be hunted and killed relentlessly.