Delaying CONCORD Response

it’s fine the way it is… leave it alone.

Why?

It works fine as it is.

Unless you have a good reason why it should change, I dont know why it should.

1 Like

Lately I think CCP is just punishing everyone…

well don’t you think - standings should not get the same perks as + standings

as when u are - standings consequence is u can be shot by everyone and faction concord

but could have + standing u get a faster concord response when being attacked

Faction, not concord. Two different entities.

Faction police and concord are mechanically and function separate from each other.

Security Status, Faction standing, and Suspect/Criminal tags are entirely separate systems.

Working as intended, go read the EUni wiki.

You can have negative security status without having negative standings. These are different features with different effects on gameplay.

Any type of prolonged negative standing that is purposely maintained is a criminal act.

Sure you might mistakeningly target a van or other ship by mistake via using the Overview that constantly shifts around due to other players being X distance from you.

I have locked up a non-hostile before using the Overview thinking that the selected targeted was a hostile. But because the hostile moved out of range and the hostile occupied the hostile slot as being closest, I targeted the non hostile instead and fired.

Concord showed up and I lost a ship.

What isn’t an accident is when players constantly maintain a -10 sec status in High Sec due to their continued criminal acts, such as ganking in Uedama.

All of the negative marks for the High Sec tanker are for criminal acts that Concord has punished the ganker for time and time again.

In the Old West, violent gang members, the Jesse James Gang for example, we’re notorious for their violent acts.

Local police or in Eve, Faction Police, we’re not the ones constantly hunting the gang, But in fact one of Jesse James own men a new recruit gunned him down. Bob Ford had made a deal with the governor of Wisconsin to bring James down.

The fact is that when someone like James or a -10 ganker shows up in system, the faction police get pulled to the -10 gankers location.

But because the local faction police have not been able to bring the -10 ganker to total justice to end their criminal acts, the Feds or Concord would be called in.

Concord should, along with the local faction police, warp in any time -10 gankers are in system.

After so many days on the -10 list for ganking, Concord should be able to respond first when gankers arrive in a system.

James 315 has a positive sec standing.

What criminal acts?

Simply flying around is not a criminal act.

Simply being -10.0 is not a criminal act.

After they commit a criminal act, yes. And that is how it works.

No, Once the faction police arrive, Concord should be called in to stop the -10 ganker based on their prior criminal acts.

Such game play would introduce new machine learning mechanics which I’m certain the logic guys at CCP would love to add to the games coding.

How the new Concord response would work is simple.

If 45% or above of your kills that result in a negative security status come from High Sec (1.0 to .6) or Mid Sec (.5) and the kills are considered not related to war decs or Duels then the AI for the Concord response system would take you acts as being criminal and would therefore give Concord the ability to show up and stop the gank before hand.

Just like police do in real life.

If police in real life are alerted to a threat, they investigate that threat to try and stop the outcome.

Since -10 gankers always engage in criminal acts, then Concord would already know the outcome of any -10 ganker in any system.

High Sec gankers need to work for their ganks.

Simply being able to undock pull the faction police elsewhere, dock in their own structure and then undock and gank the target is not work.

Gankers of old had to work to keep from being caught.

No, they dont.

They dont look at someone with a past criminal record, no matter how extensive, and continuously harass the perpetrator until he leaves the country.

They will only come once a crime is being committed.

Thats how police works.

Really? What mechanic has changed that makes ganking easier now, than it was, say, 10 years ago?

I was referring to old time criminals such as Bonnie and Clyde or the Jesse James Gang.

Do you think either group would have been able to walk into a small town restaurant and not have the police called on them?

They didn’t do anything right? Not while in the restaurant but their crimes have placed them into…nvm I have a remedy that will add so much salt and tears for the gankers that CCP will LOVE.

Today? Yes.

Back then? Probably not. But then again, they had and owned slaves. So I wouldnt trust their moral compass back then.

Yes. Thats how civilized societies in the 21st century operate. We learned that punishing people for their past crimes without good reason, is wrong.

Youve been saying that for years.

I don’t want concord or faction police to kill them, I want to hunt them and kill them but they have scouts looking for targets why they stay tethered or docked, they undock warp on target and die ,

No time to find them as they are in space such a short time, no game mechanic allows us to try and stop them, we have at most 25 sec to disrupt a gate gank as for miners and mission runners we have nothing other than Luck and patience, we can sometimes catch one or two at gates if they travel from system to system. If we are blocking a gate they just gank in the sys they dock in, or go other ways

Writing this made me think, that if they couldn’t gank in the sys they dock in , so had to travel .

They would only be in danger if player took action against them, we have a bit more time to plan and use some of Eve’s tools to fight them .
Blockading area or trapping them in a sys why we have numbers. They only lose one sys to gank in , where they dock.

All player run which is what Eve’s about.

who knows how CCP would stop them ganking in there docked sys.

Keep NPC out of this. What do people think?

I think @DrysonBennington is so extremely bad at anti-ganking that he wishes the NPC’s would do it for him.

Unless theyre undocking, ganking ships on the undock, and then redocking, then yeah, they always have to travel anyways.

I dont see what this would change? If you were sitting right next to the miner and blowing up the gankers that came on grid, that would essentially be the same as catching them on the gate or in the midst of travel. Youre not going to see 10 gankers on a single covetor, only 2-3 and you can easiliy pick them off in the span of 5-10 seconds, meaning the gank has failed.

1 Like

I just know if they had to travel to a gank every time our job would be just a little bit easier

So I drop a smart bombing BS in on a CODE gank.

Still only took me one ship to get 15 to 20 kill mails.

1 Like

And if all miners used fully tanked procurers, that would also make your job a lot easier too. But we both know that isnt going to happen.

1 Like

So you killed a bunch of players who already intend on losing their ships no matter what?

Talk about being useless.

2 Likes