Delaying CONCORD Response

If it was pre gank then no, not useless, rather delicious to see all these pilots fighting back. In fact if timed well, then could be quite useful tactic especially against gank scoopers.

Here is some food for thought:

If switching systems for ganking becomes mandatory, and therefore ag gate camps become something to be expected, donā€™t you think the gankers will prepare even better and it becomes second nature to work around this obstacle?

And believe me, as a miner ganker who ganked in multiple system from a central staging system and ag constantly trying to catch me at the gates, there are multiple ways to work around this, even if you remove stations from the equation.

2 Likes

You do realize that if its pre-gank, then there is no criminal timer and no need to wait, and they can just dock, reship and undock and do it again, right? That makes it even more useless.

For Gandalfs brother, youre not very smart, Mandalf.

We would be completely ineffective so there is no need to adapt. Just keep doing exactly as you are now.

I canā€™t even get these charges to load in my salvager gun :thinking:

1 Like

Hello fine sir, glad to make your acquaintance. Gandalf always was the smart one but he was a little soft for my taste.

A lot of folks love a good underdog story, sticking it to the bullies and whatnot. Trading isk for destruction is a classic part of the game and
blowing up gankers is fun. There, now our qualm is primarily resolved and we can get back to braiding each otherā€™s hair.

I will add however, in addition this cost the gankers time, isk, and is disruptive to their fleet, especially if they are not staged in that system.

If I was hauling in a fleet and Intel reported systems on route were camped then this seems like a viable more aggressive tactic to increase the chance of making it through the system while they reship.

YOU SHALL MAYBE PASS!
:hugs:

1 Like

I feel like that is exactly the expectation most ag have when they come to the forums to ask for changes in their favor.

He threw one helluva party though.

Oh yeah, im not saying that anti-ganking isnt viable or fun.

You dont need to add that, because we already know that. The problem is, Ganking has been nerfed a dozen times already. Ganking keeps getting nerfed over and over again.

Yes, we know that nerfs to Ganking will make ganking harder.

What im asking is, why. Why do we need it. Why do we need another nerf to ganking.

The majority of haulers already safely pass through hisec. Do you know how many haulers afk auto-travel through hisec right now?

Your ideas certainly shall not pass.

Thatā€™s right, zero impact.

For everyone else check out our anti ganking class at eve uni this weekend so you too can learn to have zero impact :wink:

There is a EVE uni class on failing daily, constantly without a break?

Im not interested in nerfing ganking, Iā€™ve got mad respect for the time, work, and coordination it takes. Weā€™re just looking for more interesting and aggressive game play options, but personally I might as well fart in the wind and call it a prayer as post a change request here, and thatā€™s ok.

I was referring to a SB clearing a gate specifically as a more aggressive way of making it through a camped system.

Industrials are ammo too and afk hauling can be a calculated risk if you are only carrying your own assets. But if you are carrying otherā€™s assets? Tsk, tsk. Thru a known ganking system? Oof no.

Ps

A Gandalf party is like a Tuesday morning at my house and Iā€™m much better looking heh.

Yes, since there is no known counterplay to ganking it will be a very short class, not sure why they are even bothering.

I can imagine it right now, starting with Prof @DrysonBennington introducing the newest theoretical approaches to highsec pipe bombing and the classic scissor attack. And in the afternoon there will be some practical exercises where everyone cries on the forums for some game mechanics changes in agā€™s favor.

Did you steal a peek at the syllabus, you naughty boy?

Iā€™ve never been ganked.

Activate sarcasm scanner module, :wink:

Seriously, Iā€™ve never been ganked. Ever.

Itā€™s almost like there IS a way to avoid being ganked.

1 Like

Hint, I was being sarcastic, we both know there are actually some options available.

I have a -9.6 standing, while I donā€™t (okayā€¦ I may have done so once or twice, years ago) suicide gank. My standings are due to low sec pvp only. I do need to pass through high sec occasionally, which I do very carefully.

So what are you proposing?

• different security rating for high sec and low sec pirates? How would this work? How would one repair bad security? Which sec rating would be repaired for which activities?
  • Just indiscriminately banning all low sec pirates from passing through high sec, even if it is to reach another low sec system for a fun fight?

Confirmed. I deliberately maintain a -10 sec status.

indeed -10 is the only way to fly, anything else in highsec is just boring.

1 Like