Deleting an account...a warning

Not many players know this but you can have an account deleted…You need to email privacy@ccpgames.com.

I did this a few months ago after dropping down from 4 accounts to 2 and after biomassing all the characters on the accounts.

But, what I didn’t realise was that one of the accounts was set up for a recurring sub, yep you guessed it, a 3 month sub came out for an account that didn’t exist.

You can also guess the response from CCP, nothing, not a word and no sign of a refund, nor am I holding out any hope of it appearing. I’m wary of putting in a claim via paypal as well as I still have 2 accounts.

It’s about time CCP stopped adding a recurring sub automatically all the time, it’s just too easy for a player to forget to cancel it…

2 Likes

Do they actually send warnings in advance that your sub is about to be renewed?

Because if not, that should be a thing.

1 Like

But if I understand you paid the money but actually got nothing in return?

I am pretty sure that is actionable. I would spam support more.

1 Like

The thing is that the account had been deleted, it could be that they did, but I thought nothing of it…I wouldn’t have given a thought to them subbing that account…

1 Like

They do. I get one every month.

Anyhow, there is this thing where you have to unsubscribe your account from billing for it to stop being billed. It seems a bit off that this apparently isn’t actually connected to an account.

I am not a lawyer, but considering that you did not have an account, yet they took your money, means that you have legitimate proof that you paid for a service they did not actually provide, which could mean that you should be getting your money back. Not implying they did that on purpose, it seems to be more of a technical oversight.

I suggest asking someone who knows better, and or sending them a formal letter. Not an email.

3 Likes

GREED IS GOOD.

But to be honest. Over the past YEARS it had been proven OVER and OVER dispite what ANYONE says that the best way to get Ccp to act on bugs, exploits, or ACCOUNT ISSUES lile billing problems, troubleshooting etc. Is…

I Promise you that if you post this there you will get a response in 24hrs from multiple Devs GUARENTEED.

Has worked for YEARS.

2 Likes

Let’s see…

1. Recurring subs aren’t automatic, you have to sign up for one, and then that’s on you…

2. Are you sure you filled your support ticket correctly, because billing issues are generally handled very quickly and it sounds like you didn’t even get an automated mail about it, which suggests that you may not have filed the support ticket correctly.

1 Like

From what I know of CCP’s approach to billing, I’d be immensely surprised if you don’t get a refund.

From previous forum posts, reddit threads and tweets, CCP seem to be very understanding, even of billing errors on the part of players that are not as remotely clear cut as this.

So I’d expect you’ll get a full refund from CCP.

If you submitted a support ticket, you can login into your account management (on the account you submitted the ticket through) and see any updates there, just in case they went to spam or something. You should have received an automated email when you submitted the ticket and CCP have been pretty fast in dealing with support requests over the last few months.

1 Like

When you take out a 3 month sub like I do via paypal you are automatically put on a recurring sub unless you then go and cancel it manually.

It’s not like it used to be.

If you click the link to add Omega Time:

• Animated SKINs: ok. Seems I’m adding some time to some older accounts.

The recurring subscription is automatic if you want to add the time. There is no longer a check box to acknowledge a subscription.

There is only a small warning to let you know you need to cancel the recurring subscription:

It’s certainly not a silent automatic, but it is an automatic subscription if you want to add Omega time any way other than using PLEX in game.

2 Likes

Well, it’s RL money. It’s not Jita where you click the local chat opportunities and click ACCEPT as fast as possible so no one else can grab the awesome deals before you.

When I spend RL money I always read before I accept a digital contract. I am probably the only guy that read both the terms of service and the code of conduct.

This is a game of risk mitigation. You have to be more cautious than usually but when I read the “whaa billing” posts I really get confused about the state of the player community.

Did you even read the OP?

Yes, he said “I deleted my toons and LOGIN account without checking my recurring sub.” Either make sure your paying system supports blocking the recurring subs or keep your login account. Or don’t care about your actions and hope for the best… yup… EVE players… ffs.

Dear Sir,
I am sorry for my angry salty response above. But sometimes when I read some post by someone who did something wrong/stupid/retarded and has to blame CCP I cannot stay indifferent. The only thing CCP might have done is send a mail back asking him if he was sure he wanted to ragequit while he has agreed to recurring subscription. If he got the money deducted from his bank account he should just send a mail to CCP explaining what happened in a normal way. Not like my post above as that post is useless and more importantly deterrent to the good community atmosphere CCP is trying to create. The situation is a result of a ragequit combined with indifference. Both very bad. That aside I am really angry he left without giving me his stuff.

2 Likes

There was no ragequit involved, I dropped from 4 accounts to 2, so pardon me if I thought that having the account DELETED would cancel the recurring sub, logic dictates that anything to do with that account should have ceased to exist at that point.

You really need to learn to read and understand…try and start at post one next time.

Thank you, you were right.

It’s now been resolved and the unused 3 month sub on that account has been credited to this one…

ye i accidently forgot to take my automatic billing of and it came out as i plex to sub and sent them a message they refunded it they are pretty good on that aspect

Thanks for the warning but I already canceled mine.