Democratic Deficit in the Minmatar Republic

No democracy, only the rage of the tribes!

https://vollhov.deviantart.com/art/Eve-Online-Rage-of-the-Minmatar-710720710

That’s not democratic system, Dr. Valate.

Democracy is based on a highly incorrect and dangerous assumption that all people are equal and should have same contribution of voice for decision making. Becoming a member of a tribal council implies showing some sort of merit and it separates peoples into two camps: that named Tribal council, and the rest (demos).

Obviously in that scenario the general population does not have a privilege for voting that the council members have.

Kim lecturing people on democracy … :rofl:

4 Likes

I prefer to know my enemy and to know why I fight against that system.
I used to be a soldier and just follow orders.
Now I am a strike commander of the State and I fly my own ships, I have to make my own decisions and I need to make correct decisions, because there are human lives that I need to protect.

1 Like

But what’s left when the rage is spent and the goals achieved? It’s not for me to tell the Minmatar what government they should have, but surely wiser heads are already thinking about this.

2 Likes

Only not Democracy.
Although … it’s up to them.

Yes, it is.

2 Likes

Hello;
Politicians, priests, pirates, pilots, miners, traders, militants, scientists, engineers, victims, slaves and explorers.
Democracy is for the people by the people.
The Minmatar Republic is not in the mood for these silly antics and political farces.
We have been in a Republic of Martial Law ever since escaping the most:
Ignorant, lethal, heinous, depraving, self-destructive, forlorning, blasphemous, desensitizing, irreverent, half-hearted and unproductive; Philosophical masquerade known as the Amarr Empire ever since planetary symmetry traversed into Universal calamity.
Maleatu Shakor has years of public service left and his inner fire is as bright as any star.
The Minmatar Republic’s Prime Minister Maleatu Shakor Democratic vote was a census as was warned while planning publicly without contest.
There was no subterfuge; Obviously.
Wait until the war against slavery is over and Martial Law is lowered to address our Democracy; Allowing political science to take the stage of the mind’s eye.
We will come for our people.
-ottout

How can you claim to know your enemy, when by your own admission you can barely name, let alone spell the names of more than one or two of the tribes?

How can you understand a system well enough to fight it. If you don’t have even the most elementary grasp of its people.

I’ll admit, there’s a lot there to know. I can barely remember the names of half the tribes. And I give about as much of a damn for republic politics as they give about me.
But I don’t go around claiming understanding of them any more than I claim to understand the state.

3 Likes

I have already gave my answer on the importance of knowing their names right in this discussion.
How comes you dare to approach me with that sort of question, reading one of my replies and absolutely ignoring the other one? I am not going to repeat you what I have already said in this discussion - you shall be able to find and read it yourself.

I’ll just point out, that my reply was on a quite incompetent remark about ignorance, and I think that part you should read as well, considering you were making an assumption about me without caring to educate yourself on the subject first.

I freely admit to being ignorant, you claim otherwise and then disprove yourself. that only makes one of us a hypocrite.

3 Likes

Perhaps minmatars have realized that nation needs a strong leader. I suggest they contact to their brothers in Ammatar Mandate and asks guidance how to form stable government. San Matar I has nice sound on it.

And how would the Ammatar know how to form a stable government, when they’re a wholly-owned fiefdom of House Ardishapur?

2 Likes

House Ardishapur governs the most stable fiefdoms in the Empire. They know very much for governing.

Strong… is what they already have, Lord Vaari. But as we can see, the strength alone can bring nothing good. A nation needs not just strong leader, but strong, smart, daring and selfless.

Like Tibus Heth.

And an unfinished criminal like Shakor.

I myself detest criminals greatly, and if a criminal becomes a leader of a corporation or a nation… I can not like that.

I couldn’t resist.

5 Likes

I cannot say if his excellency, Shakor San Matar criminal or not. I value his endless wisdom to honor our Empress during her coronation.

Needless to say, that Amarr Empire and Minmatar Republic are in closest relations ever. Before invasion there were no relations and before coronation and after rebellion we had cease fire. Now we have somehow official leaders reckogniced by both.

House Ardishapur are not the Ammatar. Your very response puts the lie to your suggestion of asking the Ammatar how to form a stable government.

2 Likes

80% is a conservative estimate.

2 Likes

And yet you idolize Tibus Heth who turned out to be one of the greatest criminals in recent Caldari history?

The irony (or is that hypocrisy?) is thick in your statement.

2 Likes