Dev blog: Abyssal Deadspace - What Lies Beyond The Filament

My take after doing a couple of these every day on Sisi and 15 ish a day on weekends, is as follows:

Filaments level 1 and 2 are OK. Lvl 1 is easy to do in a wide variety of ships, a lot of fun. Lvl 2 starts getting challenging, you have to match ship / fit to weather and start using various tactics as well as just better flight execution or you will die.

Lvl 3 is where trouble starts, and I can attribute all of it to the spawn RNG. Not just NPC ships but structure spawn RNG, very much including their locations, as well as location of the loot pod. Some lvl 3s are relatively easy, I had a bunch that I finished with 5 to 9 minutes to spare, but some are just outright guaranteed losses. You arrive in the instance and right away on the 1st room you already know you got completely screwed with no way out no matter what you do. This makes it just not viable for longterm gameplay on TQ.

Lvl 4 and 5 content I deem as completely and totally inaccessible. Spawn RNG issues + requires bling to finish, ship + implants + boosters often in excess of 2-3 billion ISK. Then there is the suspect timer. So I am guaranteed a loss of around 3 bil within 2-3 instances I run, that’s if I don’t get unlucky and it happens outright on the 1st one, then I have to deal with the whole suspect timer thing ?

LOL !!! Who in their right mind is going to stick to that ? The ISK multi-billionaires ? The mass bot owners from NS ? Titan dealers ? Just EL-OH-FKN-EL !!!

3 Likes