Dev blog: Abyssal Deadspace - What Lies Beyond The Filament

You’re entitled to your opinion and I’m not going to debate endless speculation. We’ll know what the reaction is in a week and I’m content to wait until then.

3 Likes

The majority of EVE players doesn’t comment on most things present or future in any form of forum. Some or many of them may read here, on r/EVE, Discord or news sites.

Still, I’m often astonished how uninformed many players are. I am sure that this time will be no different. People will ask about the most simple things until someone links them a Devblog or takes the time and talks to them.

It’s correct to point out that many of us that actively discuss here, sometimes use formulations that may sound as if the speaker was a delegate of a general public. I think we all know that none of us is and unless someone specifically claims that (and earns themselves some mockery), let’s assume most people unwillingly or accidentally express themselves in weird ways from time to time. Take me for example. English is not my first and I regularly commit unspeakable crimes to this beautfiul language.

(Sure, It may also be tempting to try and give an argument a little bit more weight by mentioned other people who have expressed the same. Mostly happens around opinions rather than analytics and unless it is used to silence others, I think there is no need to fight about it)

5 Likes

Hmm, yes. Your English is quite atrocious, you should be flogged and sent to the colonies.

:wink:

4 Likes

Satan. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Yea. I agree. Go get on Sisi run about 100 of these and make videos on how to finish them all without blowing up. Show us how its done, shut us up. Post it all up on youtube, all 100, show us how to overcome the RNG, how “gud” you are.

4 Likes

He probably dies to T2

1 Like

The “silent majority that don’t frequent the forums” aren’t the ones testing these failed abortions on SiSi. The rage when this goes live as is will be interesting.

3 Likes

$10 says the only ships that will be able to consistently run F5 filaments are Officer fit AT T2 cruisers.

1 Like

I can run the tier 5s pretty consistently. It’s all about knowing how to use the environment to your advantage. And I used a T2 fit Deimos with Asklepian implants.

1 Like

I’ve got things sorted out well enough that time is the top killer for me in T3 and T4, and that’s an all T2 fit HAC. Longer timers in higher tiers or the bubble caving in instead of sudden death would be appreciated.

1 Like

Yes, but will you be willing to risk those Asklepian implants for real when this hits TQ?

2 Likes

I have no problem affording them. It depends how rewarding the sites are.

You are a braver capsuleer than I!

There’s no benefit to posting how-to’s for the lazy people. That just means more people running the sites and lowering the income from said sites.

Ehhhh that’s all well and good, but “knowing how to use the environment” only works if the RNG actually gives you something to use.

2 Likes

Abyssal Deadspace is a hidden buff to PVE pilots.

Everyone who will run mid or high tier sites will need to learn things, that are somewhat typical in PVP.

These pilots will learn to analyze a situation without panicking, make quick decisions, manually position themselves according to that, then fight off multiple opponents, while re-evaluating the situation, calling good primary targets. They might also get used to module control, heat management, use e-war in their favor and function under the pressure of a possible ship + pod loss, knowing your ship inside out and more.

The 20 minute timer is the abstract form of the cyno. Stay on field too long, all the recons in the world decloak and you get dunked by their reinforcements.

Not being able to warp out is the abstraction of a mean little interceptor that keeps you pointed. After killing the entire gang like a boss, you wave at him while you activate your MJD.

While many pilots will be able to consistently run the lower tier sites, all these things need to be picked up to prevail in high tiers. Of course it is not the same as PVP, but it really teaches techniques that are very helpful in fights against real players and poses some of the challenges that you might find there.

In the name of all pirates, hot-droppers and hunters: don’t let this expansion happen. It will give all the Carebears big and sharp teeth. This is scary!

5 Likes

Even tier 1 is teaching you the PVP stuff. You should be able to spiralling battleship, dual web really help against small drones. Tier 2 cruisers teach you to use sling shot etc…

2 Likes

No he does T2s just fine TVFM.

Yea, Asklepian implants on TQ …

1 Like

Look I’ll point a potential risk vs reward scenario you say get a good fit plus pod total cost 2.5bil you know the rats rly well so you can do tier3s easy and some tier4s of your choice the expansion comes out ppl die in their hundreds yet you storm on and find a leshak 5 run bpc.Because demand is high being new ships and all you can expect 1.5 bil/run or more you do lower sites to get parts to build it then you have your profit done.If it happens and you screw up at some point you can still afford a new ship.
A little strategic thinking will go a long way as far as maximising isk made by 1 ship before an error gets you killed

You have to know your limits very very well both fitting,knowledge,player skills and gain/loss balancing

3 Likes