Dev blog: Balance Changes Coming In The March Release

Excuse me but why is the Ferox “oppressive”??

If someone feels 60000 of them an Ibis is op too. Jesus! I have yet to see where a Ferox kills a small gang with railguns.
Totally unnecessary changes here.

Finally the Eagle gets 2m/s more speed - wow! Beware everyone the slowest ship in the game can no longer be out-kited with a Corax.
Maybe its just me but at 140km, how do you put 5x light drones on your target??

I do like the slight battleship changes. The attack battlecruisers do not need more artillery things.
Having insta-lock tornadoes alpha-ing everything and mjd-ing to safety will make them unkillable monsters while the rest will never be flown but some rare niche cases.

2 Likes

What are all the ‘we didn’t want this’ retards doing here among others?

The changes here are good CCP, keep it up to keep THEM down.

1 Like

@CCP_Falcon hey man - could you PLEASE consider giving the Bhaalhorn and Redeemer missile turret hardpoints on fitting to reflect their t1 counterpart? I’m not even really asking for bonuses, just the ability to fit them.

This looks awesome. This is the kind of patch i really enjoy. Balance/shakeup sprinkled with moar ships! Love you ccp <3

Bhaalgorn is a pirate faction ship. It should not have launcher-hardpoints as that’s not what Blood Raiders are about.

4 Likes

It feels like they took the stagnating fleet meta and threw it in a blender.

The next few months are bound to be interesting.

They didn’t.

2 Likes

I mean it might end up being a crappy budget blender with dull blades.

But at least they tried :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t say blender.

It will adjust some things though for sure though, which is pretty awesome

At bloody last. Here is a thread I made in 2008 asking for the Muninn to have a high slot moved down (posts 1 and 20). Ten years :no_mouth:

13 Likes

The Machariel meta will change a bit, sure. The Ferox… you’re not going to see Cyclones getting a boost out of this in large fights. Flight time + firewalling means missiles are just bad, no matter what you do to the ship. So really, they need to fix missiles.

The HAC changes might do some good, but T2s are still more expensive than BCs, which at best match their performance, and at worst outperform the HACs, except for specialized ships like the Ishtar (the Myrmidon’s bonuses to local reps being more or less a waste in any sizable fleet action).

3 Likes

Oh yeah, fleet meta specifically… I could see the machariel switching to shield comps… just depends on how hard the net nerf on armor fits end up being. Luckily we switched out of them a long time ago so nothing I have to worry about. The cyclone has never been meant for large scale engagements so it’s damage boost means nothing in the case. Should be more viable in small gang as a heavy tackler/brawler.

The ferox nerf in comparison to the Eagle buff will be an interesting one to watch though I still imagine the ferox will still the superior overall. Cost is a huge factor here but they might become cheaper over time as the moon spigets slowly crank open. The Munnie is particular will benefit if the price becomes right.

I don’t think the Cyclone buff was targeted to fleet warfare. It was a much needed buff for the ship’s overall performance.

2 Likes

You should consider giving the new Machariel slightly more CPU to make it possible to use the extra mid.

4 Likes

I really do hope that’s their intent. Overall, though, I feel like CCP wrote down their two rules, and then promptly tossed [1] out into the hallway. It feels like they’re trying to make ‘big’ changes with ‘small’ fixes.

2 Likes

The mach changes are bollocks and i rather see them removed then pressed forward, but as that proberly wont happen, atleast give the machariel an 8th turret slow and some more CPU. if we are to shield tank it, then we need the cpu to do so.

as for the range nerf i can live with that, its the midslot swap thats bs.

2 Likes

Eagle:

The Eagle has had a place before in the fleet meta and may find one again between the Assault Damage Control and the Ferox nerf, but we still feel some added utility is a good idea.

+12 maximum velocity
+25 drone bandwidth
+25 drone bay

What is a sniper ship going to do with drones? Couldn’t you have given it more scan res instead of the drones? And a bit more PG so that you don’t have to use a PG implant for a basic T2 10mn AB fitting? The little speed bonus is indeed nice, but the drones are just useless and sniper related changes would be have been much better.

3 Likes

As for the Drake Navy Issue, the damage and projection is fine as it is. The reason nobody wants to fly one is psychological, not the ship and a 300 million price tag for a battlecruiser.

Sure thats why 2x heavy neuts and 2x xxxl-large shield prototype boosters is bad…

Drake navy stats before were pretty terrible. It relied on medium drones to supplement dps using hams just to bring it in line with a t1 drake. Now its 7 launchers with a 10% omni damage bonus with a very strong application bonus. This is going to make it an insanely good HML ship. Previous navy drake was a wet noodle with HML.

4 Likes