Dev blog: Black Desert Online makers Pearl Abyss to acquire CCP!

Technically, CCP is already there.

BDO’s PVP Cloak = Buy PLEX, use PLEX to buy ships/equipment well outside your ISK-earning curve ((Like I could fly a fully fit Titan if I wanted to. I don’t have the ISK for it, but a quick CC swipe and I’d have the funds.))

BDO’s Cosmetics = Ship skins. ((Not opposed to this, in fact they might expand the skins to structures and move it beyond ‘skins’ to actual appearance changes (ie spikes, ship hauls strapped to your ship).))

My fear is they might change the permanent SKINs to only work with active subs, much like BDO’s unlimited dying works. Sure if you have the dyes you can permanently dye your character regardless of sub status, but if you use the ‘unlimited dye system’ then it only works with an active sub. Since EVE doesn’t have this, I could see those Temp SKINs working regardless of sub status, but permanent SKINs requiring a sub to use.

Also, for anyone wondering, just look at how WoW changed after the Activision merger. The first ‘true’ post-merger expansion was Cataclysm; both TBC and Wrath were already deep in development at the time of the merger.

I read there’s bonuses for beating Expected Earnings…so you can expect a more “robust” Cash Shop going forward. - The $425 million includes both cash and a bonus earnout if certain financial targets are met.(reference: https://venturebeat.com/2018/09/06/black-desert-online-creator-pearl-abyss-acquires-eve-online-maker-ccp-games-for-425-million/)