Dev Blog: Call for CSM 13 Candidates!

I think the one vote per player idea would be a really good one and would also be easy to introduce, but I do agree with you that it’s something that CCP would probably never introduce for exactly the reasons that you state.

I really like the idea of having categorised seats, mostly because my issue is not with the fact that the blocs have any representation on the CSM, more that their power to catapult their favoured candidates into positions of power essentially means that pilots who aren’t in one of these blocs, or who aren’t favoured by them don’t stand a chance if they stand and thus we end up with a very limited diversity in the quality of representation on the CSM.

The problem is that if all the CSM election candidates (or at least the ones who have any chance of being voted on to the CSM) are members of blocs, supportive of blocs, working to the agenda of blocs, what then is the point of voting for them if you’re not in a bloc? To vote for someone who’s anti-miner? To vote for someone who’s pro-suicide ganking? To vote for someone who isn’t the slightest bit interested in you as a pilot? It makes no sense at all.

2 Likes

The amount of sheer naivete and failure to understand the mindset of the people we send to the CSM is just staggering. You’d do well to look back over at least this thread.

1 Like

You need a campaign poster :

3 Likes

Im not a a Dem, or liberal.
Im not even US.
Im Finnish.

My IRL political views are irrelevant to EVE or position as CSM.

PS: So the crap-slinging begins, with posts like above.

1 Like

Dude, it was an easy and free banner for you. If you don’t like it make an other, stop being so annoyingly negative about people doing an effort. It gets around, everyone knows you, everyone gets a voting then think “I only know that Salvos guy” and you get elected… You couldn’t loose this election… now you stop trying to copycat RL candidates.

Regardless of whom you are asking that question of, the question of how well the candidates communicate is a very good one. Certainly in past years, all I’ve really had to go on when voting, are the posts by the candidates.

I wonder, will there be AMAs or voice conferences to ask candidates questions?

3 Likes

Probably not run by CCP.

Individual candidates may do it. Probably not many will do voice for it, as those have a tendency to go pear shaped.

1 Like

Tbh I’d recommend it, that way we’ll be sure we have people who have no problem communicating with others, and people that are open-minded

1 Like

Ah yes
Too bad you missed the well-written document I put forth for others to read

If only you didn’t start to throw sexist insults…
But that must be our fault eh?

1 Like

For the love of god, can we at least get someone on the CSM who knows how ■■■■ this game is becoming. It’s so dull right now it’s getting harder to justify signing in. There are so many things wrong with it I just don’t know where to begin.

I like and prefer the multiple vote system, with cascaded votes from non elected candidates. It works and will always count my vote, unlike single vote systems.

Also, there are more than a handful of reps that have been elected without block support who have been excellent voices for changes, even if they are not the most versed in how to play or well versed in the various play styles.

Remove your emotional drawn out tirade and be simple and clear. Stop yapping about lack of representation and provide some useful feedback, or you are just contributing to the useless noise that causes people to stop listening to you.

Yes, too bad.
Albeit, I doubt you want my input on it anyways.
If you do, you can mail it to me.

Fix one thing. Then another.

As I tell my students. Same way you eat an elephant, one bite at a time.

m

I am confused as to when we are expected to fill out applications as 2 date ranges were provided.

Applications are open – March 19 - 23

Fill in the application form (link will be provided in a follow up news item when candicay opens) between 12:00 AM on March 26 and 12:00 AM on March 30th.

The first dates are right. Applications are open now till friday.

1 Like

I used to listen to all the Cap Stable podcast interviews with the candidates a few years ago, but then one year it was SUCH OVERWHELMING QUANTITY of interviews and each was sooooo long… so I gave up on that tactic.

That’s one of the problems with having a bunch of candidates, and quality pod casts. There’s a lot of material.

2 Likes

I am getting a error when i try to email my documents!

What kind of error? Are you sending to csm-contact@ccpgames.com?

Cap Stable was really good medium to be heard, I know last year Matteral (talking in stations) and Asherothi Crossing Zebras ran some quality interviews.

I think it would go well to have a good set of Debates between candidates, stat craft debates were a start.

1 Like