Dev blog: Changes Coming To The New Eden Store With The March Release

No local, no channels, …

The effort to change UI is then unjustified.

I’m sorry but given the current state of the UI for SKINs in general and the NES overall, there is absolutely zero excuses to need a reason to justify improving the UI. Regardless of how many SKINs you buy it is clearly apparent that the current NES UI is unacceptable. Sure, it worked for a little while when the store was initially released. In fact the UI is representative of a beta process; however, after years later it’s time to update it.

The problem is they don’t want to update it, that takes dev time away from other UI enhancements…combat UI, exploration UI, QoL UI…but it also has another validation for not changing it does it? It provides the perfect excuse to freshen up the store and get rid of underselling SKINs to replace with newer SKINs thus creating a false sense of scarcity.

Also…what is the art dept. recent trend in painting every new SKIN with angular lines as of late? it looks like crap and Im sure there are those who like it but can we get a bit more variety with patterned SKINs? You could do triangular or hexagonal shaped patterns or such…

Finally has anyone noticed the increased price of the newer SKINs as well? Essentially you are looking at a dessy/frig SKIN from one of the older ones selling for around 55 PLEX with the newer SKINs coming in at 190 PLEX…I could see a slight increase to maybe 80-100 but 190?! lmao im sorry but CCP really is reaching on this one and they are turning folks off on the whole SKIN thing by refusing to fix the underlying NES issue instead of just covering it up with a band aid solution that attempts to line their pockets.

2 Likes

I just use skins and clothes as my in game retirement plan. I save all clothes and skins for in a few years theyll be worth much more.

1 Like

I was expecting the NES store to have a lot more to offer than it does.

Why not add some hard to acquire items aside from just apparel, skins and extractors ? Things that players CAN’T build themselves, like certain ships, mods, implants.

Also, there has to be a little common sense with the pricing. What is the point of making things so frikken expensive that very FEW people will even bother to buy them at all ? And then most of the ones bought will just sit in someone’s inventory as a “collector’s item” instead of actually being used.

Start pricing things a little (read “a LOT”) more sensibly and then maybe people will be willing to shell out the ISK to buy and actually USE the items. For example, I’d buy a whole whack of Guristas skins for my ships, but then I look at the stupidly expensive price of just one skin and end up not buying any at all.

Unless the whole idea is just to have an extremely limited amount of certain items so only a dozen or so people (out of 10s of thousands of players) can brag about them.

Makes them about as useful as Fedos.

1 Like

So, since the last time I wrote they added RvB and XV elite and common anniversary skins, that’s around 40. Some new 58 Ghostbird skins coming up next.

@CCP_Falcon with Fanfest out of the way I hope you have some more free time. Would you comment on whether there will be changes or updates to NES and skin collection UI anytime soon™ ? There wasn’t a word about skins in Fanfest streams though AFAIR.

New SKINs sales batch

Hey, @CCP_Falcon, so what’s your advice about buying those SKINs? How do I tell from NES screen if I have a SKIN activated or not? Will character sheet SKINs tab be improved or is it fine like it is now?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.