Dev blog: Changes Coming To The New Eden Store With The March Release

Take a look at this dev blog for the latest information on the New Eden Store, and some changes that are coming to the SKIN lineup in the near future.

2 Likes

Fly safe & enjoy some retail the-RL-wallet-rape-ry!

Fixed it for you to ensure people see your dirty money grabs from paying customers.

Besides, if those skins were available as ingame-acquireable items (as loot drops or LP store items), you wouldnā€™t have to waste the oh-so-precious-and-scarce developer time on self-made issues at all.

7 Likes

I will be back. Just need to stew this around in my head.

Edit: I thin one of the best things to do would be to move the retired stuff to the faction LP stores.
So stuff first comes out, CCP can make money off of it.
After say 3 months if retires. Then it would move to the LP stores and could act as a sink.

2 Likes

What? This is a horrible, stupid idea. Why the hell would you REMOVE choice from the NES. Do you hate money CCP?

Its not like it costs you money to keep those items in the store.

If its too clutterd maybe sort out the horrible NES UI, or move them into a hidden ā€œlegacy skinā€ tab or something.

8 Likes

How long ago was Aurum removed from the game and you couldnā€™t find a newer screenshot of the store?

1 Like

I understand why having a rotating selection would lead to sales. I also understand the clutter. However, permanent withdrawal of skins from the store when they are lore-heavy (Tash-Murkon, Brutor Tribe, Aliastra, most Corp skins) just irks me.

Have those be permanent mainstays, and then rotate the ugly skins with no lore like those SoE bling bling skinsā€¦

6 Likes

KEEP THE SKINSā€¦KEEP THE SKINS!!!

3 Likes

Time to look for Bloody Hands in Jita before they skyrocket, I guess.

1 Like

too late lol, iā€™m surprised people havnā€™t started buying out all the head hunter skins those things look amazing and cost like 20 mil, dirt cheap.

Edit: nvm some now cost a bill hahahahaha damn!!

2 Likes

In order to keep the store fresh & easier to navigate, we will be retiring a large portion of our current SKIN & Apparel items in the coming weeks

Translation: Easy to produce cosmetic items are a gold mine for us and to increase their value, we will limit the supply.

6 Likes

Give me cool hair!!!

2 Likes

Choice will be constantly limited to stuff in the store. But with those changes maybe some people will actually buy stuff to sell it on market for ISK. Kind of investment. Maybe even we will get more stuff on market, tho it will be very hard to predict how much demand there could be. :thinking:

Fortunately clothes are less expensive because you can sell it after using.
That reminds me I have some pantyhose I could sell. :smirk:

1 Like

Thats the plan. What will they use to buy the SKINs? PLEX. $$$ for CCP.

I guess CCP is in need of some more cashā€¦ there are so many skins anyway, new ones almost every day (least thatā€™s how it feels) retire them allā€¦ please.

1 Like

Surely this will hurt CCPs revenue from the NES? I mean; who in their right mind is going to buy a SKIN on the day itā€™s released when you know ahead of time that, within 3 months, itā€™s going to have its price slashed?

By all means, run promotions to drive sales. However, improving the usability of the store and making it easier to filter/search the existing content would seem to make far more sense (and more long-term revenue to keep CCPs accountants happy)

2 Likes

At the end of day they could change things back to where they were. I think they observed they make more on limited availability/artificial scarcity SKINs tho.

1 Like

im fine with that as long as the retired skins return with an improved look. was kinda planning on getting some of the faction ones (specially gurista related).

1 Like

How big will those discounts be.

Itā€™s an old tactic from wargaming and world of tanks that CCP has picked up on. ā€˜ā€˜Sorrry bros weā€™re removing these premium tanks, better buy them now cos theyā€™re NEVER EVER coming backā€™ā€™ and then once a year they sell the same tank again for between 20 to 40 euro with a sales pitch about how rare it is.

I guarantee you CCP will do the same, theyā€™ll sell these skins again down the line at a huge mark-up because of their rarity and the ever dwindling number of suckers playing this game will probably shell out for them.

4 Likes

If the concern is keeping the NES manageable, why not just have a ā€˜FEATUREDā€™ section that the NES defaults to when you open it, while still allowing people to go and dig through the archives if theyā€™re looking for a specific item? One of the advantages of a digitial medium is you donā€™t have ā€˜shelf spaceā€™ and ā€˜stock room spaceā€™ limitations.

I know every team has to have an eye toward monetization these days, but this is a bad way to do it. Instead, if you improve the NES interface to be more than ā€˜look, a big grid listing stuff in an order you might figure out or you might be confused byā€™, youā€™ll get better returns.

2 Likes