Dev blog: Clone States - The Next Steps

Looks like I can finally make use of my account now.

I think you can use dread guristas XL. Its fairly cheap and cycles faster than tech 2.

True, but why not allow equal t-2 use for tank.
If let’s say amarr ships can use t-2 large armor repairer why can’t caldari use t-2 x-large shield booster ?

It should be the same, this way alpha players will not be discouraged by flying only armor bs’s as both tanks will be able to be used as t-2 variant.

2 Likes

Faction is easier to fit and performs equal or better, just for a higher price. The real difference will be defense, the support skills for Alphas are capped at 2 and that’s quite weak.

1 Like

Why not give alphas a station vault container with all purple mods and give them -80% cpu and powergrid requirement for fitting purple.

Then give alphas 10000x bounty bonus for orbiting an NPC and 12 trillion for entering lowsec for the first time. And 750.000 trillion for activating a cloaking device per minute.

No mining drones. No salvage drones. Meh.

Why do armor ships get t-2 armor tanks, and shield can not use t-2 shield tank ?
:sob:

New alpha players will again go only armor, because shield alpha player can only use t-1 stuff for tank.

I hope alpha players will be able to use t-2 shield tanks so that armor and shield is balanced.
This way it doesn’t matter what race you are you can use t-2 shield or armor tank for battleships.

2 Likes

Would had been nice to rise the ability to learn Hacking and Archaeology up to level 4 instead of keeping them at 3, it won’t be too powerful and it would not allow you to use T2 modules.

Sounds right to me.

As a target, at least.

Sorry Falcon, still not re-subbing until you give me my golem back.

O7

1 Like

Just my 2 isk here:

I disagree with almost every aspect of expanding alpha access. The only part I agree with is letting them train all 4 empire ships/gun types, but they should still be restricted from pirate faction ships entirely. They should, if anything, be more restricted on ship size than they currently are. Alphas should not be anything more than an infinite trial version.

Plexing/subscribing should be a requirement to really get into the game.

EDIT: I also like the above posted idea about distinguishing between Alpha’s that have never been omega (call them Alpha) and lapsed Omegas (Beta works fine)

5 Likes

You need to PLEX in order to get to 20 million SP, free to play players can only train to 5 million SP.

2 Likes

There is mistake on skill list, Spaceship command is on level 3 but to fly tier 1 Battleshipsu u need Spaceship Command Level 4, so there is 1 level of this skill missing at list

2 Likes

There are alot of mistakes.
Same goes for t-2 armor tanks and only t-1 shield tanks and other stuff too.
CCP needs to fix those errors.

2 Likes

Why don’t you consider t1 mining barges?

1 Like

Can any of you please answer the reason for having ice harvesting yet have no ships that can use that skill. Expedition frigate, mining barge & exhumer.

1 Like

Alphas should not have access to faction battle ships. Take the matriarchal as an example, it is easily a top tier doctrine ship that can easily be fitted with meta equipment and still be just as viable as an omega.

Basically what your trying to do is get all of us to un-sub unless we fly capital ships … GG CCP … we discussed this at evevegas … but i guess words of wisdom fall on death ears.

1 Like

because they are giving you the cold shoulder.

:rofl:

They don’t have access to machariels / faction battleships unless they subscribe for full machariel training, after that period if they train it, they can use it even if they go to alpha.
It’s still only 5 million SP for free to play accounts after 5 million SP you have to “buy” the game time.

1 Like

but they can still omega / skill inject up to that level and then go back to free to play. While i’m ok with Tech 1 battleships i’m not ok with faction battleships. that’s my 2 cents.