Dev blog: Introducing Resource Wars

so what you’re saying is that you’re fully expecting ccp to tell logistics pilots to kindly go play with themselves under the covers as they aren’t going to be able to contribute to these new sites to get payouts and are therefore excluded from said content?

need isn’t relevant here - i’m asking if logi will be able to complete the sites, nothing you (or ccp) have said points towards that answer being ‘yes’.

it’s not about playing actively - it’s about not being able to contribute. if a set of drones aren’t enough to provide a meaningful contribution then you CAN’T do the sites as a logi ship. equally, if it is, then you’ve basically got a section of pve that’s going to have people like me warping in to the site, doing that bare minimum and going afk the rest of the site. it won’t be hard to out damage a set of unbonused drones in a matter of moments with any other ship.

If you want me to play actively - i’d rather do that, as a logi pilot. however if the only way to do that is to make sure some unbonused drones are constantly attacking things - well i may as well just cut the hassle and half afk the site after hitting the minimum requirements with another ship. eve’s pve ain’t more interesting than the latest season of whatever’s new on netflix and i doubt it ever will be.

1 Like

If everyone who managed to get in the site get a payout for completion, a logi should be able to do it but it might require some form of cooperation. If you get a few DPS boat and a logi or 2, you might cover all the needed DPS + rep needed without needing the DPS boat to have dedicated self rep capabilities. The important question will be if the site pays out to everyone in or if an actual contribution is needed, what count/does not count and how muhc of it you need to be eligible.

Maybe just assisting a set of drones will be enough. We’ll see.

Pretty sure they said if you don’t mine and then drop said materials into NPC haulers, then you get nothing… so no, you can’t just afk.

1 Like

It also lasts very little amount of time, so its pointless to afk. And I doubt the higher lvls will just let you afk considering there will be rats in battleships

I do hope that dealing with rats is part of the contribution because by what I heard it may become hard later on.

1 Like

They said payout will be based on contribution, and that all ships should be setup for mining, or hybred… So that to me says you’ll need at least something to mine with on any ship.

1 Like

No, I’m expecting the Logi pilots to FLY THE RIGHT DAMN SHIP.
If the sites need you to mine, then fly one of the Hybrid Logistics & Mining ships I already listed.

Seriously, it’s not rocket science.

1 Like

The sites last around 10 minutes. If you are so bored after 5 minutes that you have to go afk, please ask your physician to increase your ADHD meds. :wink:

1 Like

(satire, humour)

lol m8 wtf i can perfectly fine keep staying focused on a single thing for however long i want to, like that reminds me of that other time when i did something and nothing distracted me while i was watching butterflies flying around and then a car honked and my mom called or when we were out spraying walls and then someone came up with a better idea and we went on doing that instead. i can focus just fine on one thing but they grow boring so fast so i switch to something else pretty quickly not because i can’t keep my attention focused but BECAUSE THINGS GROW BORING SO FAST OKAY???

(No stab at Dave intended, just humour.)

so you’re saying you’re fine with logi ships not being viable for this new pve?

good for you.

i’m not fine with that.

it’s not about boring - it’s about there being 0 incentive to put in more than the bare minimum effort required.

Entirely dependent on where the threshold will be. Your drones might be enough damage/mining yield to pass muster. We don’t know those details IIRC.

Correct me if I’m wrong but this is the way I understand how this Event is suppose to work.

Each Empire has Event sites spawning with Empire specific NPC Industrial transport ships in them which need to be filled with Ore while being protected from region specific Pirate NPC’s.

Players need to form fleets consisting of both mining and combat ships to protect the NPC haulers and fill them up with Ore asap before the site despawns.

There will be 5 different levels of Event sites, each with a capacity limit and in order to advance and access the higher level sites, players need to earn NPC Corporation standing by completing the low level sites first.

Rewards consist of gaining Loyalty Points which are used to get a ‘gift’ can holding a non transferable Empire specific Event ship skin, a T1 ship, some T1 modules and a ship fitting guide, presumably used for the next site level.

Overall the main intention of this Event is to promote group play by encouraging solo players, both new and old, to gain experience at working together in a fleet and eventually partake in PvP fleet ops.

Well I gotta say that all looks great in theory. However due to some players voicing statements of ganking and awoxing players in these site, I feel the intention of this event will ultimately fail.

2 Likes

No, I’m saying that the Porpoise & Orca are Logi ships.
Your complaint is silly, it’s like complaining that T1 Logi aren’t sensible for incursions, or that BC’s don’t get used in HQ’s.
The player logi skills are not useless, there is just a more appropriate ship than a T2 logi cruiser (based on what we know of these sites)

Hey CCP,

In standard mining missions, there is an exact amount of ORE to be mined which is returned to the agent to complete the mission. If this is how the Resource Wars would work - it would make easy to disrupt. Just mine a small amount in a venture, and take it. No standing loss and no Concord. But this Resource objective cannot be completed.

1 Like

They’ve already indicated that the sites contain more than is needed and the excess goes boom in some way when the site ‘finishes’.
Even if it was exact and someone does that, you just keep mining the site, don’t drop it into the hauler, timer on the site expires, and next site you have spare to compensate for their theft.

1 Like

Eh? Non-transferable? As in non-tradable? What happened to the sandbox?

1 Like

Yeah, if my understanding is correct after reading this thread, they will be non-transferable Empire specific ship skins.

As for what happened to the sandbox, players have been asking that same question for years now.

The dev blog does not mention “non-transferable” anywhere.

Actually I hope the skin is transferable.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding how all of the items are set up in the reward crate. According to the Dev Blog, these are new NPC Empire Corps with Haulers in the Event sites that have new Empire specific ship skins on them.

Their reward to Capsuleers for helping them to collect the resources is a T1 ship, T1 modules and their new Empire specific ship skin.

I don’t know, sorta sounds like the skin will be for that ship only. If it’s not already applied to the ship when the reward can is opened and the ship is assembled then cool, hopefully the skin can be then sold on the market.

Eve, Is not a sandbox. Has it ever been?