Dev blog: Introducing Resource Wars

Train Connections to 3 and everybody can start with L2’s (4 people). Regardless, L1’s and L2’s give the same rep so it shouldn’t take long for everybody to grind L1’s until your group can do L3’s (5 people).

Maybe new players with some guidance, otherwise they’re going to get their rear handed to them.

Unfortunately what I’m finding is that there aren’t enough sites available within a reasonable distance to make it worth the bother. I get better isk/hr mining Veldspar, Scordite, Plagioclasse, and Pyroxeres.

1 Like

Oh cool learned something new. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

They seem more designed for bringing loners together than already established groups.

If your fleet is too big or you don’t yet have standing for a larger site someone has to miss out.

1 Like

Resource Wars my summary

negative

• Unless these things pay as good as lvl 4 mission or better ppl wount do them
  • combat pilots are not necesery they hinder the site times you can just tank skifs or their t1 counterparts
  • micromanadging miner 2s on prospect is a nightmare mainly when I had to do it on multiple toon so I could get in to higher level resource wars to test them
  • barely anyone playing it
  • LP store is a freaking joke…LP is literaly worthless unless you want those skins that badly just do the math yourself. Id be better of bying janitors and resseling them in next month and it would be still better
  • friendly NPCs are there really just for show and ocasional agro grab

Possitive.
Group content
no need to deal with loot splitting
ughh thats it I supose?

Ways to improve

• higher payout
  • bonus payout increase
  • rewards for destroying waves of NPCs so combat pilots actualy increase payout instead of swating few flyes that wount destroy your ship anyway thus wanting them to be good and efficient since more they kill higher the pay and faster you mine higher the pay
  • new LP store. Maybe buy things only with LP and not LP and money or add in some exclusive items like faction items for miners so they do feel the need to do these sites so some miner in nul can purchase resource wars strip miner with higher efficiency then t2 or minmatar/caldari/amarr/gallante mining ships + faction orca maybe a faction rorqual?

I mean theres so many things you can do with it if you build on it… Sometimes i really wonder who you have in your idea department becose half of the stuf that comes thru is half baked and then you fix things after year or two

like the drifter incursions for example
also incursion runners were crying for new sites for years
carriers going to siege and stoping being carriers and turning in to repair platform completely making fighters useless on it… that was a thing for years to

3 Likes

LP Store can provide better rewards to players without severely impact game balance. Resource wars, a mining theme activity, could offer faction mining equipments such as survey scanner with better range, ore hold expansion for mining ship, ore compresser for mining ship, mining drone with minor combat strength subpar to light drone. Those LP items do not privde bonus to mining yield per unit time, yet players who like mining activities will sought after them. In addition to better rewards, if Resource wars is positioning for collaborative gameplay, sites with higher difficulty level should be added in order to meet the real power of playr groups. Undesirable rewards and soloable contents will blur the market position of Resource wars which is now no different to other solo contents. If dev think solo content is more appropriate, then make it a solo content. Don’t make it in between.

The game should also provide tools to help players to form group for pve or pvp. The game should help players to enter ‘game mode’ as soon as possible when they logged in. The sole reason gamers login is for gaming. Spending hours to wait for group forming or ship jumping is very uncommon in today’s computer games.

2 Likes

yo, CCP.

is it intentional that the fastest way to level 5 sites is to just do level 1 sites solo (utterly defeating the purpose of adding them), and then never do a level 5 site because the payouts suck more than a dyson?

3 Likes

hello CCP,

with what frequency are these sites re-spawned? Recently attempted some L3 and I do not think there are any new ones occurring.

1 Like

Open “The Agency” UI, set it to show “suggested” and you should get a list of what is available where.
You can set it to, Current System, 2, 5, 10 jumps or "Any Distance.
10 jumps should be enough to find sites.

NB; Resource Wars is at the bottom of the list so you’ll need to scroll right down.

1 Like

Didn’t have time to try it properly just lvl 1s so far combat side of sites is ignorable I think rats need to be able to tank 6 drones and you need to clear them to trigger 2nd and final mission completion flag after NPC orca is full.

Option b after NPC orca is full boss spawns needs to be killed in order to compete site can’t be killed using few drones so at least you need to warp off refit come back kill it or plan ahead bring combat on grid too.

1 Like

I see there is forth coming changes about rewarding logistics in these sites. Since ORE hulls are primary shield tanking, would it possible to shield logistics into all factional sites, not just the Caldari/Minmatar?

1 Like

Keeping this thread alive…

I’ve been doing the sites (level 2 sites so far) and really enjoy the content and challenge.

Pros

1. Timed game play is very fun for the PVE micro manager type of gamer; well done.
  2. Five levels of progression is a good idea, but please keep the content to allow for skilling over time.

Cons
Rewards = They are TERRIBLE to the point they’re embarrassing … really! The only value in the packages are the ship hulls and skins, which are selling for less or the same as the ISK cost to obtain the reward… Who thought of this? Also, the ships are only combat ships? Why, this is a mining event for the most part, which seems to suggest having mining ships in the reward stores… I realize they’re ORE brand, but just extend the back story a little to work it in. You should be letting players earn ORCA’s with enough investment in time.

1 Like

huray for dead content

2 Likes

I don’t understand why the game insists to keep the cost of Loyalty Point Store rewards higher than the market value. The cost of a LP store item is composed of two parts, LP and ISK. LP requires player’s time investment in playing the Resource War sites to obtain. ISK is another form of time investment in shooting pirate NPC in space. The game needs proper rewards for both parts of cost to provide meaningful incentives for players to play Resource Wars. Now the market value of LP item is lower than ISK portion of cost. That means the LP portion of cost has negative value. How on the Earth would someone want to do those game contents? The game needs at least to provide some positive value to the LP portion of cost to make LP meaningful.

From the point of view of players, LP is just another form of ISK. LP and ISK are not free in the game. They both requires player’s work to get. I don’t think giving positive value to LP portion would hurt manufacturing gameplay. Alternatively, LP store could reward faction items instead of conveniently giving out Tier 1 items. Resource Wars needs more iterations please.

1 Like

The game macanic is fun.BUT 2 things.
The rewards are bad. Just not worhe my time you make a los.
Second it dont feel as a war.

1 Like

It is fun to figure out how to do the new content and complete it. Please change the rewards, if the rewards is just for the skins then remove the ship and module rewards and just have it as a skin shop please. Maybe seeing as its a mining thing, add mining related lp items.

1 Like

Hi CCP.
Looking at the higher level sites it appears you have failed to include the Porpoise in any of the sites as allowed.
Is there a reason for blocking a specifically cruiser sized Ore mining ship that was designed and advertised for supporting small mining fleets from the sites? Or was this simply a case of people forgetting that the ships exist since you have to add ships individually.

2 Likes

Porpoise and Orca were specifically blocked from the sites, this was stated in the Test Server thread back when Resource Wars were launched.

CCP were concerned those ships would be overpowered for this content.

1 Like

Thanks for that.
Though given how they’ve neutered the rewards so badly as to be laughable, would be nice if we could at least run real fleets.

1 Like

Traditional boost concepts do not mesh well with style of RW content. The RR shield rep ability mining command ships would be able to only desirable, since ORE ships are shield based. Particular true for the Gallente (Exequror) and Amarr (Augoror) within the site racial restrictions.

This is actually good to shift miners away from a barnacle mind set. Group/Fleet play, tanking, situational awareness and mobility are all desirable attributes for piloting in New Eden.

The rewards are poor and certainly need a major revamp. Whether it could be mining oriented modules or Faction wide Loyalty Points. Offering combat ships to the non-combatant is a mis-step. Making them cost 150% of the market was stumbling and face-plant.

1 Like

Sooo, after reading this thread I came to this conclusion:

Good idea, bad implementation, waste of player time.

3 Likes