Dev blog: Introducing Resource Wars

What about wardec mechanic? Is Resource Wars aiming at creating more wardecable corporation targets in high sec?

No worry about the rewards, the whole thing is a scam, you will actually lose ISK doing the sites. https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/77zy4b/recource_wars_lp_boxes/

Hmm. This doesn’t seem ideal.

I know its highsec and so minimum risk, but the rewards don’t really seem worth the effort.

No they aren’t. And as soon as they buff them so that they are, and I am sure CCP will, they will destroy demand for industrialists to ever build them. There probably is a number that, today, provides some small value to these LP, but won’t flood the market with ships and modules that are just spawned into the universe, but the market is always changing, and in six months we could have either negative value LP again or overvalued rewards that will be farmed excessively putting industrialists out of business.

CCP really needs a dedicated market developer and decisions like this show they don’t have anybody thinking full-time about the overall economy anymore. I don’t think this reward system can be salvaged without some work. They could borrow the Black Market design from Albion Online and have players somehow build the ships and modules that are handed out by the LP store, or perhaps have the LP awarded per site float with some index based on the current market value of the ships/modules spawned, but just setting it to some value and moving on to the next project is almost certainly going to cause problems down the road.

Maybe the easiest is just to remove the ships/module rewards all together, award mostly ISK and some small amount of LP for vanity items and maybe faction gear, and instead provide a ‘shopping list fit’ with a SKIN instead with an easy way for players to import that fit and buy the items with ISK. But that ain’t happening before release tomorrow.

I wish CCP the best on sorting this out.

2 Likes

Posted this elsewhere, but will restate it in this thread.

Had fun with the first day. A good social experiment for me.

I don’t even use mining ships, so had to make a choice for a ship. I chose a logi ship.
Wasn’t sure I’d even get the bonus and was happily rewarded with LP, isk and standings.

With this fit I was able to just warp into other ppl doing the minor sites in ventures and rep without suspect flagging. Was thanked a few times for repping while they filled the haulers and completed the sites. Easily speed-tanked the dps, although the npc-Gila had an ECM hardon for the logi ship and kept trying to jam me.

I have a strong feeling that when I get my partner going and dual Ospreys, we will be well received in the higher level sites.

For ppl (like me) who don’t mine, you can still play a vital role in this event, make some new friends and have some fun.

[Bantam, Lil Helper]
Capacitor Power Relay II
Damage Control II

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Shield Extender II
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
Cap Recharger II

Small Remote Shield Booster II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Hobgoblin II x1

edit. you can meta the fit and it still works fine.

1 Like

I think this a good event that promotes some team effort. And it’s a fun one, so I don’t care about the rewards so much. I despise grinding of any kind.

Looking forward to getting to the lvl5 sites.

1 Like

No, you won’t be well recieved.

Taking up 2 slots in a site making it slower to complete and lowering peoples isk hour is just griefing, basically.

Did few last night.
I don’t see reason for grouping at low level sites. Just warp to site and try to beat timer, the more the merrier. I will try more of them after the Crimson Harvest event.
What are the ISKs at higher level sites? LPs from those sites are rubbish, I have to pay LPs and ISK for more than content of lockbox is worth? It’s plain silly “reward”. LPs are worthless and I’m actually losing ISK if I cash them…
If I can peak what is inside the LPs boxes and content of that boxes should help new player to fit an learn how to fit ships why would I buy the boxes in the first place? They will buy the content from market for less.
The whole concept of those sites is blurry to me at least.

1 Like

I really liked RW L1-L2 sites alot but after that interest of players dropped rapidly.
Many ended up at the point of looking at the rewards and told themself it’s not worth a minute longer.
I was looking for comrades to fly for Amarr in L3 sites and after 4 hours of looking for members i just gave up.

I am just asking myself who wants to spend time and money on a package of T1 ships that are 100% more expensive then the market? The fitting isn’t worth the ISK either and nobody likes SKINS that are only sellable by contract.

Even for new players i see no reward, it just draws their hard earned money for expensive stuff out of their pockets.

I vote “Change the LP Rewards CCP, or nobody will fly Ressource Wars”

Just remove the ship packages and be creative with the Store, this can be an amazing thing if you change the rewards.

5 Likes

What is likely to happen is that as you say players use of these sites will drop off as information about the poor rewards is past around.

Then in 6 months CCP will look at a possible re-balance and say “oh no-one does these, lets not waste time on them any more”

3 Likes

solo’d the level 1 site, all 3 timed bonuses.

‘group’ content. complete lie.

also, still haven’t seen another player except the first site that they had just completed leaving me in an empty site…

seems people have very little interest in this content.

1 Like

It will be interesting if (very big if) CCP produce any metrics about the RW sites. How many are run, how many unique characters run them. I’d like to see a comparison from 1 day after launch to 6 weeks after launch.

1 Like

broken down by level would be interesting.

i’m personally skipping l2s. especially caldari ones. near impossible to solo due to how ecm mechanics work and not enough players running them for you to be able to actually complete a site.

i can knock out a l1 site in ~4 mins, i can be in a l2 for the full duration and often not get a payout (or see another person). they just aren’t worth the time as it stands.

1 Like

Who forced you into null? Put a bounty on them, that’s bullcrap

is it intended that both l1 and 2 sites only give +2 standings?

seems pointless trying to do l2 sites if the l1s give the exact same standing in a fraction of the time and difficulty

2 Likes

30,000 LP and 250mil to buy a scrub fitted T1 battleship, with the total isk value of the loot can being around 180 mil.

That’s a loss of 70mil, or to put it another way, each LP is worth MINUS 2,334 isk

Major, major fail.

1 Like

Chan’aarChan_aar1d
It will be interesting if (very big if) CCP produce any metrics about the RW sites. How many are run, how many unique characters run them.

Won’t see any metrics (or anything else) unless these are an overwhelming success. CCP don’t like telling us they failed especially when they were told it would fail before they released it.

Julien Brellier3h
30,000 LP and 250mil to buy a scrub fitted T1 battleship, with the total isk value of the loot can being around 180 mil.

That’s a loss of 70mil, or to put it another way, each LP is worth MINUS 2,334 isk

Did you make 250 mil isk from doing the lower level sites to pay for the battleship package or was it isk you already had?

Sorry CCPlease - Rewards need to have a value that is greater than outlay.

2 Likes

also not giving payouts after half the site is done is kinda ■■■■■■■■.

if i’ve just spent more time than it takes to run a site getting to the site, and there’s no payout i’m not going to join it. which probably contributes to why i’ve been soloing so many sites lately. they don’t last long enough, and that’s exacerbated by the fact that nobody will join a site for 0 payout.

considering this is meant to put more people on grid together in some dumbass idea of “if you bunch them up we can pretend it’s co-op gameplay” there’s a lot of barriers to people actually bunching up near each other so you can pretend it’s co-op gameplay.

like, i’ve just spent nearly 20 mins jumping through gallente space in a venture to find a site that i can do in under 4 mins - which means by the time any one else gets here to join me, i’ll have completed the site and be on the next one already. this isn’t content that i’ll be doing much due to how much wasted time there is for such poor isk rewards.

1 Like

One of the problems is the lock on how many people can enter. Which maybe is a problem, not sure. I have 5 corp mates want to run RW together yesterday but only 3 of us could get in on level 1.

Other than that, it is group content. You can simply shout out in local, or ask corp mates. It’s only 12 minutes long, it’s quick and easy with scaling rewards. Didn’t they specify also that this is geared more towards new players in hi-sec?

1 Like