Dev blog: Introducing Resource Wars

For those who’ve had a chance to log on to SISI, or will have a chance - what are the payouts like for a group of 5 at tier 5?

I often run HQ Incursions, but would really like to be able to run sites that only require, say, 4-7 people with my corp yet still have a fairly decent payout. Say 15-20mill.

one of the csm members already confirmed that these are intended to pay out worse than l4 missions.

Note: Individually. You’ll likely earn more (due to the scaling) in a group than you would splitting an L4.

1 Like

holy bonkers yellow…

that paragraph made my eyes cross so bad all i could do was skim it…

Working as intended. :blush:

what scaling?

the pay rate for resource wars is flat regardless of how many people are there. it either earns more than l4s or it doesn’t.

make up your mind.

lets rephrase the question so there’s no ambiguity. on average which will earn more - a guy running level 4s all evening, or a guy running level 5 resource wars sites all evening? (assuming a similar isk/lp conversion rate)

1 Like

L4 missions potentially have negative scaling for groups due to the frequency of overhead tasks - particularly if not all characters can pull missions in the desired location.

L4 payouts are heavily penalized as you add players. If there’s any reward scaling it’s inconsequential enough that it feels like it’s split evenly.

Resource Wars pays everybody the same thing as long as they meet the minimum contribution requirements.

For a solo player L4’s are better. For everybody else Resource Wars is.

… Exactly? That means the scaling is a linear equation (per member), whereas L4’s are a flat line (per member).

Don’t know, haven’t really tried to Minmax it yet. But ideally I would like L5 Resource Wars to earn less than L4 Blitzing. However they will allow you to play alongside your friends in the mission without reducing your payout.

there is no equation - it’s a flat figure. it’s a constant.

welcome to incursions.

Incursions are not an entry level option for small sized groups. Scouts are honestly the hardest of the sites currently and they still require a minimum of 3 pilots to perform. That’s also probably an argument to rebalance scout incursions though TBH.

1 Like

Mission payout on a L4 = n
Amount of players participating = p
Individual payout on a L4 = n/p

Resource Wars payout = r
Amount of players participating = p
Individual payout on a Resource Wars = r
Total Resource Wars payout = r*p

Therefore Resource Wars scales better with the number of people participating than L4s.

This!

I’d really like to be able to run Incursions with 2-4 other people (3-5 total).

and i already specified p=1

In that case then n>r

I actually wanted them to be ‘Alpha Focused’ - Have a full proposal sent to CCP on the topic, but I know it’s not an overall priority currently.

then it’s a good job these are leechable and other schmucks can do the hard work for my payouts while i watch netflix and there’s not a goddamn thing they can do about it.

hint: tell ccp how incredibly dumb that is and that they need to fix it, please. incursions self-regulate as you can remove non-contributors from the fleet. there’s nothing you can do to remove a non-contributor in RW

There’s a minimum contribution bar that must be met to achieve payout.

1 Like

yeah, have you checked out how low that is? ccp have stated that ‘contributing to a rat kill’ is all you need. [well, they did before they deleted the devpost that said it]

you don’t even have to kill a rat, you just have to shoot it once and let the other players clear up after you.

the contribution bar is that low they may as well just give people the reward for landing on grid, because other than clicking your guns then clicking a rat and tabbing out you don’t have to contribute jack ■■■■ to the site after the first cycle of your guns.